Website?

wjkk

wjkf,

Pajji i will give u a domain a nd hosting for free if the site is for sikhi reasons anything else i cant give u domain or hosting. if the site has anything to do with sikh history or religion i will give u domain and hosting for free.

I've been searchin the net for a free web host and couldn't find one that would give me a free domain name too. So im askin the sangat if they know a good host that gives a free domain name too thnx.

WGJKK WGJKF

post-5375-1150010731_thumb.jpgwhat the hell are u thinking about getting a free domain with free hosting :@

Man, i hate to say this, but there is no such thing as free, in america.

Ok let me explain to you:

Domains are never free, unless a hosting is forcing you to put like 3 ads on your site (BIG ones) excluding popups. And trust me, if you go on that route, then nobody will visit your site

And here's how domains work--

-- you register them for one year, so in terms of "one" year, any consecutive number of years.

-- that means, you own the "name" , for ex. "I own sikhsangat.com".

-- Owning alone is not enough, what a domain merely is.....is thaat its an a sort of a forwarding right.

-- But if you want to have a site, to show the visitors something, you can either host on your own personal server (not suggested for beginners $$$$) ro get a hosting company (i will give the *best* one)

-- what happens with that is that, you have a domain name register in teh world's backbone dns servers, but then they do only one thing, which is route it to w/e address (ip) you have put up there.

-- and if you want to show a site, get an hosting account, and then when people type in "sikhsangat.com" then the server will "forward" their request to the hosting company that hosts sikhsangat.com, and hence you will be able to "see" the other site, otherwise all you will get without a hosting account is, when ppl try to visit is a "the page cannot be found (IE)" [/b]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really suggest paying a few dollars and getting your own domain, an an hosting account alongside with it, because a domain sounds more professional and gives the clean look, and ppl will visit more often.

Ok , so if you dont have good idea, of what you want to get, or if its already taken, i suggest you goto

www.domainsbot.com

and here is the company i wanted to mention--

www.1and1.com

type in the synonyms of what you want, and it will generate "Actual" domains for you, with their status (taken or not taken), not just gbberish names, TRUST ME.

and as for the hosting take a lok at this image, seriously, it doesnt get any better than this company--at all . If you do decide, throw me an email at szkizzer_gmail.com, and i will help you in all way possible. I am very very knowledgeable at this stuff, i host 7 websites at that company.

please take a look at the image i have attached,if u are interested, i am always interested in helping a fellow sikh, interested in setting up a "gyan sthan". I can also help you get up a pretty good site.

afterall:

there is power in numbers (quality)

Thank you for reading all that, phul chukk maaf

FATEH

post-5375-1150010731_thumb.jpgwhat the hell are u thinking about getting a free domain with free hosting :@

Man, i hate to say this, but there is no such thing as free, in america.

Ok let me explain to you:

Domains are never free, unless a hosting is forcing you to put like 3 ads on your site (BIG ones) excluding popups. And trust me, if you go on that route, then nobody will visit your site

And here's how domains work--

-- you register them for one year, so in terms of "one" year, any consecutive number of years.

-- that means, you own the "name" , for ex. "I own sikhsangat.com".

-- Owning alone is not enough, what a domain merely is.....is thaat its an a sort of a forwarding right.

-- But if you want to have a site, to show the visitors something, you can either host on your own personal server (not suggested for beginners $$$$) ro get a hosting company (i will give the *best* one)

-- what happens with that is that, you have a domain name register in teh world's backbone dns servers, but then they do only one thing, which is route it to w/e address (ip) you have put up there.

-- and if you want to show a site, get an hosting account, and then when people type in "sikhsangat.com" then the server will "forward" their request to the hosting company that hosts sikhsangat.com, and hence you will be able to "see" the other site, otherwise all you will get without a hosting account is, when ppl try to visit is a "the page cannot be found (IE)" [/b]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really suggest paying a few dollars and getting your own domain, an an hosting account alongside with it, because a domain sounds more professional and gives the clean look, and ppl will visit more often.

Ok , so if you dont have good idea, of what you want to get, or if its already taken, i suggest you goto

www.domainsbot.com

and here is the company i wanted to mention--

www.1and1.com

type in the synonyms of what you want, and it will generate "Actual" domains for you, with their status (taken or not taken), not just gbberish names, TRUST ME.

and as for the hosting take a lok at this image, seriously, it doesnt get any better than this company--at all . If you do decide, throw me an email at szkizzer_gmail.com, and i will help you in all way possible. I am very very knowledgeable at this stuff, i host 7 websites at that company.

please take a look at the image i have attached,if u are interested, i am always interested in helping a fellow sikh, interested in setting up a "gyan sthan". I can also help you get up a pretty good site.

afterall:

there is power in numbers (quality)

Thank you for reading all that, phul chukk maaf

FATEH

I doesn't matter anymore KhalsaForce is helpin me out and he gonna give me a free domain and hosting from his server

Fateh