Muksha

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

In Sikhi we have a word that describes what happens to us if we live a real true Khlasa{GurSikh} life.

It is called Muksha or Moksha. Now what does this mean? First what is the name of it and how to achieve it?

post-5391-1150126069.jpg

In Sikhi we have a word that describes what happens to us if we live a real true Khlasa{GurSikh} life.It is called Muksha or Moksha. Now what does this mean? First what is the name of it and how to achieve it?

^^

eh? Slight contridiction there...a gursikh is already 'mukshad' ...well from my understanding muksha is the hindu term for mukti (liberation) ? The only way one can attain 'mokhsha' is by japping naam; the shabad guru...go up to the dasam dwaar ..there are 4 types of mukti and the final is where u merge with vaheguru ji..forgive me if this is not what muksha or moksha means in gurmukhi lippi.

Pheena: someone has corrupted your way of thinking. If you die it doesnt mean that you will be born a human form again. Its hard enough being a human. The life of an animal would be the hardest way to take part of Wahegurus creation. Youll learn that this could be your only chance within 84 million lives to achieve the ultimate goal through the past good deeds you have done to have been able to be allowed a human body, and this is how you want to spend your life by not doing good deeds so you can return back to Earth to be intoxicated with the maya drug all over again?

Munjoth is pretty educated with this term,but you are never anything inyour own eyes but a GurSikh until you die and you have met with Dharam Raj. Jeevan Mukat is someone that is liberated while living and it is the very hardest to achieve and even is above Brahm Giani.

What is a Brahm Giani? How to achieve Jeevan Mukti while living?

Can anyone elaborate with us this meaning.

No one is above Brhamgyani.

About Brahmgyani, we must read Sukhamni Sahib Paath with translations then we know.

Brahmgyani Mukat Jugat Jeaa Kaa Daata

Brahmgyani Pooran Purakh Vidaata

Brahmgyani Sabh Srisat Kaa Kurtaa

Brahmgyani Sudh Jeevai Nahee Murtaa

Brahmgyani Aap Parmesur

So Brahmgani is Akaal because only Akaal runs the creation. Only Akaal can give mukati. Only Akaal is Parmesur, etc. etc.

As for mokhsa, it is a Buddist word. Buddha believed in getting moksha.

For Sikhs, our goal is to become Jeevan Mukat. There have been many Gursikhs who became jeevan mukat. Bani continously comes from their mouths. God is always in their mind and heart. They are very hard to find. This stage is reached later in your life. It is possible to achieve it at early stage too but people who get it at early stage usually mess up and lose that stage. With these types of people, we don't mess with. I think I posted about a Nihung Singh who was jeevan mukat a while ago. Even if we don't become jeevan mukat but we continue to live the GurSikh way of life and do great deeds, then we will achieve it after death or will be reborn as human and achieve it. There is personal account of a scholar who reached it but messed up because he was overtaken by moh. He never reached that stage again.

As for reaching jeevan mukat, Gurbani says:

Raaj Na Chaho, Mukat Na Chaho, Munpreet Churn Kumlaaray!

Yeah i did read in history about moksha. its for hindus as far as i know.only men can achieve it in hinduism.

No one is above Brhamgyani.

About Brahmgyani, we must read Sukhamni Sahib Paath with translations then we know.

Brahmgyani Mukat Jugat Jeaa Kaa Daata

Brahmgyani Pooran Purakh Vidaata

Brahmgyani Sabh Srisat Kaa Kurtaa

Brahmgyani Sudh Jeevai Nahee Murtaa

Brahmgyani Aap Parmesur

So Brahmgani is Akaal because only Akaal runs the creation. Only Akaal can give mukati. Only Akaal is Parmesur, etc. etc.

As for mokhsa, it is a Buddist word. Buddha believed in getting moksha.

For Sikhs, our goal is to become Jeevan Mukat. There have been many Gursikhs who became jeevan mukat. Bani continously comes from their mouths. God is always in their mind and heart. They are very hard to find. This stage is reached later in your life. It is possible to achieve it at early stage too but people who get it at early stage usually mess up and lose that stage. With these types of people, we don't mess with. I think I posted about a Nihung Singh who was jeevan mukat a while ago. Even if we don't become jeevan mukat but we continue to live the GurSikh way of life and do great deeds, then we will achieve it after death or will be reborn as human and achieve it. There is personal account of a scholar who reached it but messed up because he was overtaken by moh. He never reached that stage again.

As for reaching jeevan mukat, Gurbani says:

Raaj Na Chaho, Mukat Na Chaho, Munpreet Churn Kumlaaray!

but you are never anything inyour own eyes but a GurSikh until you die and you have met with Dharam Raj

^^

challo thats ur view on it :@

^^

gotta die through the shabad. The shabad is the only way to achieve these spiritual stages :TH:

Pheena: someone has corrupted your way of thinking. If you die it doesnt mean that you will be born a human form again. Its hard enough being a human. The life of an animal would be the hardest way to take part of Wahegurus creation. Youll learn that this could be your only chance within 84 million lives to achieve the ultimate goal through the past good deeds you have done to have been able to be allowed a human body, and this is how you want to spend your life by not doing good deeds so you can return back to Earth to be intoxicated with the maya drug all over again?

You stated that i was corrupted yet you wish to be Jeevan Mukat? I stated nothing different, but i think You have misundertood on what i was trying to say, let me elaborate.

You state you wish to know how to be Jeevan Mukat. No where did i state that when you choose to be reborn you 'wouldn't' jeevan mukat. You state that it is hard enough to live in this world...to that I say then you/we have no idea how to truely live. We think to live in his hardship to escape yet when the realization has happend to those with that exact thought, they entered again in this world with the Knowledge of how to truely live in this Beautyful world. How to truely enjoy Life. It is not about Mukhti by dissappearing into the abyss, rather it is mukti while Alive as you stated. Jivan Mukat!!!. I further express that when you have learned the 'right' way of living (in which i am implying that one has realized the Truth in how to live ie: attained mukhti) you would want to live and enjoy this world again and again. It is only when you truely understand the rules of the game that you begin to enjoy it. Before then it is noting but hardship. Why wouldn't one want to enjoy the creation of God, the Leela of the Divine as an observer? Why not? Why do we run away from the World?

I didnt ask how to become jeevan mukta, I have a book about it so Ill get my info from this book.

I encourage people to use the libraries of their Gurdwaras and to have conversations with the BabaJis in your community.

Pheena: I did misunderstood what you said. I thought you were saying its bettert to take part of Creation many times. Sorry for the mix up.

Brahm Giani is fully explained in Sukhmani Sahib, so do read that bani if you want to further study Brahm Giani and its full definition.

Jeevan Mukat_ A man who realizes God and obtains unity with him while still alive. Such a man/woman loves the will of the Lord in his heart.Joy and sorrow are alike to him.He never feels sorry and attains everlasting happiness. Gold and dust, nectar and poison are alike for him. He considers Gods Will, the best way of obtaining happiness and joy. In devotion he so much absorbs themself with the Name of God that he forgets all worries and worldly entanglements.

Mahala Panjvan, Guru Arjan Dev Ji was a definite Jevaan Mukat. Others in my eyes are Brahm Gianis, and I can see but cant explain fully how Brahm Giani is a little different than Mukats.

After more feedback from people here I will write a short summary about Muktee {salvation}