Kirpan And Other Countries

das_1

following on from the discussion about kirpan and aeroplanes i was wondering if people had any problems going to far east countries particularly places like Bali and Egypt where they have suffered bomb attacks. i hear security is tight in these countries now and was wondering what would happen if a amritdhari visited these places.[/color

i'm pretty sure almost anywhere you fly you're going to have to take ur kirpaan off.... as mentioned in the other thread, we don't really have much of a choice to take the kirpaan off... and I do so without any hassle or trouble...

i was thinking rather once you are in the country i.e. once you are in bali do they have security checks at hotels, tourists sites etc

once you are off the plane and out of baggage claim, you shouldn't have any problems with wearing your kirpaan... i put my kirpaan on the second i get my bag while'st in the airport... I usually wear my kirpaan on the outside once I put it on, and I don't get any problems.... just do ardaas before you put it on... some people say you should do a full japji sahib the paath once u put it on, but tha's completely up to you... hey, the more bani u do, the better :@ ...

i'm pretty sure they won't have any security checks in hotels etc... and even if they do, they can't make you take your kirpaan off!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

When your feet are on the groung its fine to wear your kirpan anywhere in the world { not jail or prisons}

Its just in the air that is a safety issue.

The Gurus know why you should take it off while on a plane unless we had a Khalsa airlines but that would be discrimination to only allow Sikhs to use it. Plus there would be a chance of some terrorist to use that airline and do the unthinkable

hold up though... can any of us answer this questino 100%? there are schools in California and other states that actually do not allow students to wear kirpans. . i know of a couple of gursikhs who artend private cshools that do not allow them to wear their kirpans on a daily basis

hold up though... can any of us answer this questino 100%? there are schools in California and other states that actually do not allow students to wear kirpans. . i know of a couple of gursikhs who artend private cshools that do not allow them to wear their kirpans on a daily basis

In california public school you can wear kirpan but it has to be glued, which means you can't take the blade out.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I wish I was a kid at these schools being able to show the youths what a Sikh is and not to be scared. I would walk with a Sikhs attitude and humbleness in these schools, when your all grow up there isnt any more fun like getting summer off and playing for 3 months etc.

45% are white who are racist and 35% are blacks who are gangsters and i am the only sikh at my school:( we have one hindu who keeps askin me why i dont like india and why i support khalistan,mera damaag khanda her roj. I never know who will shoot me thats why i have to have gangster backup. my prinicipal met me he said why u wear that turban when noone else at ur school wears. i said its my religion and we are allowed to wear anywhere. freedom of religion. My principal is a white racist guy pata nai ki chai da ohnu. I wish i had a nother sikh buddy but guru jee deh khel haigaa. Anyone heard of Arkansas?(farming land)

I wish I was a kid at these schools being able to show the youths what a Sikh is and not to be scared. I would walk with a Sikhs attitude and humbleness in these schools, when your all grow up there isnt any more fun like getting summer off and playing for 3 months etc.

45% are white who are racist and 35% are blacks who are gangsters and i am the only sikh at my school:( we have one hindu who keeps askin me why i dont like india and why i support khalistan,mera damaag khanda her roj. I never know who will shoot me thats why i have to have gangster backup. my prinicipal met me he said why u wear that turban when noone else at ur school wears. i said its my religion and we are allowed to wear anywhere. freedom of religion. My principal is a white racist guy pata nai ki chai da ohnu. I wish i had a nother sikh buddy but guru jee deh khel haigaa. Anyone heard of Arkansas?(farming land)

looks like your holding your own khalsaforce. i can't quite tell if you're principle was suggesting that you should not have a turban. if so that's completely inappropriate and probably against the law. if you want some people to very kindly offer to speak with your principle, keep the forum posted. you're just holding the fort for us over there, you're not alone.

It's quite probable that in many places taken to a higher court, the kirpan would be permitted. However lower level ignorance is often the barrier. It's probably best to always be pushing the line a bit.

take care about impressing to much into your mind your observations about other races while you are young. there's a huge world out there and too rigid assumptions will limit your ability to conquer for us.