Bbc Asian Network Offends Sikh Community Again

After the BBC Asian Network was forced to apologise for allowing on air very offensive remarks to be made about the founder of the Sikh faith, it now looks like they have offended the Sikh community again. The apologies came from Head of the Asian Network, in a press release, and when the Director of BBC Radio met a group of leaders of the Sikh community and personally apologised for the offence caused when a guest panellist crudely announced that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a Devil or "shitaan" in Punjabi.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1111.shtml

Does it ever end!!

Moderator Note : I think this post is a bit misleading. Someone on Asian sound radio called Guru Nanak Dev ji Shaitan a while ago. The recent remarks are about the game that is being developed and is not related to the previous issue.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHo on earth said Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a devil???

Was it someone who rang on sonia deol???

2 yrs ago i remember some stupid ex sikh girl on Sonia deol saying Sikhism is from Islam :@ @ - why are there sooooo many stupid people on this earth??

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

BASICALLY I THINK IT WAS SOMEONE WHO FONED UP BUT NOT SURE, PERSONALLY I THINK THAT THEY SHOULDNT REALLY DISCUSS STUFF LIKE RELGION AND STUFF MAN!

VJKK VJKF!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

o ok... about the thing about religion i think it should be discussed because then the youth can actually relate to religion otherwise it could become 'alien' to them if thats makes sense and it will become harder for them when there older to actually do naam jaap if they didnt relate to it when they were young.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WHo on earth said Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a devil???

I have a feeling that comment may have been taken out of context. No-one is stupid enough to say anything like that about a religion. I'd like to read the full transcript.

Was it someone who rang on sonia deol???

2 yrs ago i remember some stupid ex sikh girl on Sonia deol saying Sikhism is from Islam :) @ - why are there sooooo many stupid people on this earth??

Chill, man. Just because one person says it, it doesn't make it the truth.

After the BBC Asian Network was forced to apologise for allowing on air very offensive remarks to be made about the founder of the Sikh faith, it now looks like they have offended the Sikh community again. The apologies came from Head of the Asian Network, in a press release, and when the Director of BBC Radio met a group of leaders of the Sikh community and personally apologised for the offence caused when a guest panellist crudely announced that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a Devil or "shitaan" in Punjabi.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1111.shtml

Does it ever end!!

Yes, the world is about to finish, the skies are falling, and the demons are rising from the bowels of the Earth...oh, hang on...no it's not.

It's amazing how visciously people will hang on to the odd casual comment. It happens. Grow a backbone, Singh. Show 'em why you're called a 'lion' :@

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Its up to all of us who call themselves Sikhs to live by the Gurus word and prove to the world that this religion is actually benefiting us rather than not practicing and complaining about things on this forum and elsewhere.

I wonder how many people who complain of these things actually practice this religion and arent just fortunate to be born into it.

I mentally and physically bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif