Volunteering

Akb

Hello,

i'm from west london and i just wondered if anyone from the area knows of any volunteering schemes which are related to sikhi? I have been trying to find out about a way in which i can help out but am not getting anywhere!

if anyone has any suggestions, they are most welcome!

thanks

avneet

thats so kool :|

in terms of volunteering schemes related to Sikhi... well any service (seva) you can do for the community is related to Sikhi. Help in hospitals, old peoples homes, community centres, anything like that. Dass used to volunteer with a childrens group. We used to take kids and pensioners out on canal boats for the day - all part of seva. So anything you can do for the good of others.. is all Sikhi.

I have previously done volunteer work in days centres and charity shops, i agree with you that any seva is related to sikhi, but the reason why i specifically wanted something related to sikhi is because i was hoping to perhaps learn a thing or two about sikhism aswell as helping out.

again any ideas are most welcome!

I have previously done volunteer work in days centres and charity shops, i agree with you that any seva is related to sikhi, but the reason why i specifically wanted something related to sikhi is because i was hoping to perhaps learn a thing or two about sikhism aswell as helping out.

again any ideas are most welcome!

if there are any sikh community centres etc ask their??

If you study in College, try looking for something called Millenium Volunteers.

Or.. search for volunteering in your local hospital and apply to there.

Daas did the 2nd choice and so far has enjoyed the experienced ever so much; Meeting new people, Smiling and Doing Seva :|

Down Side - You not allowed physical contact with patients, due to insurance stuff wacko.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well i also wanted to do something like that and when i couldn't think of anything i turned towards gurughar to do a bit of sewa and also learn abt sikhi and now i ask myself could there have been any place better than gurdwara sahib? That's what i found out........And i have also heard bhai ranjit singh dhadrianwale talking about sewa and simran wash away your sins.....Just try out.....listen to kirtan and gurbani vichar....then do sewa in langar....there's loads of it to do washing dishes, cleaning, sweeping floors e.t.c. I also interact with elders and granthi ji (although my views always contradict with him regarding khalistan).It adds a lot to your knowledge with every visit especially when there are some shaheedi divas or gurpurabs.

So i feel it satisfying and thats how i spend my sunday mornings.

Bhul chuk maaf