The #1 Enemy Of The Sikhs.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

The # 1 enemy of the Sikhs are "Sikhs" themselves. We bicker and argue over being this or that. We dont seem to want to show good examples to the Sikh younger than you. The older you get the more Sikhi you should know. This just shows how many youths and even older adults want to learn Sikhi. Sikhi means Disciple/learner, so why do we seem to just go with the flow instead of swim the hardest route and continually learn.

I go to study other religions and a million things pop up. I go to learn Sikhi and only a limited amount of info comes up. We need multiple "Intro to Sikhi" info sites etc to show the younger Sikhs what being a Sikh is.

Too many people are shedding there Sikhi and just ritualistiacally are Sikhs and Guru Nanak even says that isnt good enough. To be spiritually clean is to live a righteous pious life and not very many of us seem to have self discipline.We should do more about ourselves rather than fighting against ourselves and other peoples religions. We need to be united and not seperated because thats what others want us to do. Sikhs should all be brothers and sisters and not just friends and neighbors.

Please give your thoughts on this issue rather than arguing, fussing and fighting about someone elses views of this topic. Technically everyone who reads this should leave their opinion on this because they should also be a one to help out this epidemic.

SatNam

post-5391-1151075958.jpg

Yes I do agree that we r self enemies theses days ...if we see a Youth Distarcted who takes up the initiative to be Humbly Speak with them ...instead we are lost in the Pride that we are the Only true sikhs....If ny one Asks Us a question on Logical Basis that why Shud we keep" Kesh ".............we have answers like ...the realization will come frm within and the question is nt answerable and if u dont feel like doing it dont do it....this is nt happening and that is nt what we Envision as true Sikhs we must follow the right path and show some light to others who are still in darkness and are getting lost.......We are More interested in knowing who are the Guys and Gals who are true Sikhs rather than focusing on who is nt and can be shared some Sikhi with.

I think the first "shot" at your own Sikhi is cutting your hair. Thats like throwing a rock straight up in the air and allowing it to knock you in the head. After being a kesdhari one should want to take there Sikhi to the next level and become an Amritdhari. One must know the very essence of Sikhi before wanting to give their head to the Guru. Remember if you attempt even by thinking that you cant take your head back is a sin against the Gurus teachings, and is equal to not even giving your head to the Guru.

People need to re-think over what life is worth and what the Guru has revealed to us in GuruJis teachings. Please lets stop making enemies and only fight a defensive battle and allow the opposition to throw the first blow.We as Sikhs all love the Guru so let join together to show by example of how we apply the Gurus teachings in our everyday lives.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!!

.if we see a Youth Distarcted who takes up the initiative to be Humbly Speak with them ...instead we are lost in the Pride that we are the Only true sikhs....If ny one Asks Us a question on Logical Basis that why Shud we keep" Kesh ".............we have answers like ...the realization will come frm within and the question is nt answerable and if u dont feel like doing it dont do it..

:@ soo soo true!

The Number One Enemy of Sikhs are Sikhs themselves praticising Sikhi in "Agyanta"/Ignorance

Bang on the point

On a logical basis, just pointing out, we should keep our hair because it's been proven to decrease chance of skin disease; don't believe it? Some insurance companies lower your bill if you keep your hair.

On a spiritual basis you could start explaining like this:

You believe in God, right?

God is all knowing, right?

God made us, right?

God gave us hair because he knew it was good, right?

(I had a friend that I tried to explain this to, so that's why I have all these arguments).

Sometimes people are like, they're just a vestigial structure; but then again your tailbone is vestigial... you don't go out and get it removed, do you???

Then they're like, but if God made us knowing what everything was for and for a reason, then why did he give us nails? Well... nails are like a waste product, and they never stop growing, if you notice, hair stops after a while. And plus, nails are dead, and hair is living (right? I dunno, but I used that argument tongue.gif ); why do you thin hair changes colors? "But nails changes colors, too!" ... ... ... That's the oxygen burning it...

I dunno, the argument worked for me; the dude didn't listen, but at least he didn't have anything to come back with--it just ended up being the thing where if somebody doesn't want to learn, they're not going to. Maybe this post is off topic, but I read the line about when somebody asks us on a logical basis why we keep hair, yadda yadda, so I was like, hey, I'll post my logical view.

Actually nails are tiny hair particles that are inter woven really tight to make like a bony surface.

We can easily clean our hair but not the nails.

Cleaning hair is like cleaning floor tiles and cleaning nails is like cleaning the grout in between the tiles. It can be done but its very hard due to the grout absorbing the dirt and filth.

Some hindus will grow out their nails as we do hair but they have to have someone feed them and help them do everything so long nails are impracticle. If they dont grow non cut nails on both hands they do on just one but that hand is un-useable. 6 foot long nails look dirty because they are filthy and you cant clean them thats why they look brown and black .People paint them so they dont look disgusting and gross

But lets get back on topic.

Sikhs who dont learn everyday are the enemies of the Sikhs.

post-5391-1151160424.jpg