Southall Ramgharia Gurdwara

blatisingh

shame shame shame

nowadays we in the west make up our own rules !!!!

your parents and grand parents would tell u to shut up and sit on the floor as it has been done in the beginning. The akaal takht said NO chairs and tables up to now it has been accepted but now…

so what do we do ?

stick two fingers at them and do as we please !!!!

u say that its blind ritual/unhygienic to carry on sitting on the floor but akaal takht stated that we should and we still ignore them.

ONE DAY we will say its ok to wear shoes and sit at tables and not even bother to cover our heads to eat lunger !

(WHOPS THIS ALREADY HAPPENS ! )

If u defend the fact that its ok for chairs ignoring that lot in India then go the whole hog.

When are u lot going to say I’m not going to cover my head down stairs cos guru is upstairs and I might as well wear shoes……………..bloody lovely state of affairs it has come to..

You know there was a time when gurus house was a special place to go to….

With total humble respect from all…I really hope it will be as it was.

I’ve seen pictures of American gurudwares with white Sikhs and they put Indian Sikhs to SHAME….

Can we go back to the way our guru’s wanted us to behave?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame shame shame

your parents and grand parents would tell u to shut up and sit on the floor as it has been done in the beginning. The akaal takht said NO chairs and tables up to now it has been accepted but now…

so what do we do ?

u say that its blind ritual/unhygienic to carry on sitting on the floor but akaal takht stated that we should and we still ignore them.

ONE DAY we will say its ok to wear shoes and sit at tables and not even bother to cover our heads to eat lunger !

If u defend the fact that its ok for chairs ignoring that lot in India then go the whole hog.

When are u lot going to say I’m not going to cover my head down stairs cos guru is upstairs and I might as well wear shoes……………..bloody lovely state of affairs it has come to..

I’ve seen pictures of American gurudwares with white Sikhs and they put Indian Sikhs to SHAME….

Why stop at Tables and Chairs.............lets go the whole hog.........

The originals Gurdwara's had no electricity....let us stop electricity too.

The original Gurudwara's had no gas....let us stop gas too.

The original Gurudwara's no flowing water from taps....it was brought from the well........let us stop that too.

The original Gurudwara's had no PA systems to hear Paath......let us stop that too.

The original Gurudwara's had no toilets......let us take those out too.

The original Gurudwara's had no car parks......let us take those out too.

The original Gurudwara's had no carpet............let us take that out too.

The orginal Gurudwara's had no fans or airconditioning.......let us take that out too.

I could go on with this liost ad infinitum...............but alas I fear I am talking to a brick wall .................................

LONG LIVE HYPOCRASY!!!!!!!! :|

The original Gurudwara's no flowing water from taps....it was brought from the well........let us stop that too.

The original Gurudwara's had no PA systems to hear Paath......let us stop that too.

The orginal Gurudwara's had no fans or airconditioning.......let us take that out too.

I could go on with this liost ad infinitum...............but alas I fear I am talking to a brick wall .................................

Randip Singh,

What's your view on the Akal Takht Hukumnama regarding tables and chairs in the langer hall?

Looking at all your points above, I assume that over the decades Singhs may have reviewed these issues and brought it to the attention of the Akal Takht Sahib. The Akal Takht have taken views on the issues and released Hukumnamas/Sandeshs to help guide the Sangat...

As far as I know the Akal Takht Sahib does not see any of the above issues as digressive or problematic to Gurdwara Maryada hence the above are non-issues. The Akal Takht have however are concerned about the implementation of tables and chairs in the langer hall and have therefore released the Hukumnama.

I suppose it depends on how we view the Akal Takht Sahib in the Sikh Kaum and their decision-making powers.

At first i had objections to having tables/chairs in the langar hall. Now i think it's ok to have 1 or 2, for the elderly people who have difficulty sitting on the floor.

Although i've seen young people taking advantage and sitting on the chairs which is idiotic. They should have signs saying tables/chairs strictly for elderly!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

shame shame shame

so what do we do ?

The original Gurdwaras had a living Guru. grin.gif what can you say about this.

We are talking about Eating arangements not original history throughout Gurdwaras rolleyes.gif

The original Gurdwaras had people/sevadars holding fans and fanning the Gurus along with the sangat grin.gif , do some research.Or the court was held outside with a shade covering People would have died of heat stroke if there wasnt. Maybe not every single Gurdwara becasue some were built in certain places with breeze ways and made of stone, which stone is cooler temp wise that others.

"""""""""They should have signs saying tables/chairs strictly for elderly!"""""""

Couldnt have been said any better

daas feels the ok we should sit on the floor

but langar is there to feed the needy long as people that are hungry aint being refused into the langar aint happening there was an occaison wen someone had come 4 langar twice in a day the 2nd time the person came he was told no u cant have langar.

we are in kalyug stupid things are always gonna happen i fink we need become gursikhs ourselves before we decide such things

how many of us have gursikhi jeeven ??

we need to stop beadbi of mahraj and educate people that are going away from sikhi that should be our main concern and not on wether we should sit on floor or not

everything will happen throguh naam the more naam the panth jaaps the more chardikala it will become

and we wont be on these forums discussing such things

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

We could always say"we have worse problems than eating on the floor" but that is a problem that if it was combatted it would start to heal other problems. and would have a snowball effect for the good of the Panth.

wE COULD ALL SAY " WELL i DONT NEED TO WEAR A TURBAN BECAUSE".............

excuses are where the problems start and never end until people understand that excuses start the problems.

{sorry about the caps lock, my 1 yr old daughter waddles over and turns it on and I dont notice until I look up}

Today i went to Ramgharia Gurdwara Sahib in southall. To say i was shocked is an understatement!!!!!! As you walk in firstly you see everyone sittin on tables and chairs and eating langar with their shoes on!!! all this despite several Akal Takht hukamanamas on this subject. Then i spot a gyani walking out of the cooking section with shoes on carryying a bata of Karah Parsad!!! no.gif To be honest going to this gurdwara was such a eye opener, the darbar sahib where katha was going on was empty, where as everyone was busy gossiping in the langar hall downstairs!!is this the state of our gurdware today? while the youth goes round tackling the issue of Guru Sahib going to hotels etc, while this is commendable shouldnt we look closer to home and in our own gurdware and make sure hukamname are implemented there. If we cant get them implemented in a gurwara what hope do we have of them being implemented and understood by people of other faiths?

Whats wrong with Table and Chairs? When you go home do you sit on the floor and eat? Even if your sitting on the chairs near a table, everyone is still on the same level when eating. In Singh Sabba Gurdwara you have tables and chairs too. Only difference is that you dont get to sit on the tables but you have to stand near the tables, I choose not to stand near a table and eat since it gives me gas. I would prefer to sit either on the floor or on the chair near a table.

MAnnnnnnnn!

sikhi is being watered down so much. siingh one questrion....do u go home and listen to kirtan for an hour if u miss it at the gurudwara...also the whole point of siiting on the fllor is so that you feel the lowest of the low....

man, sikhs can even look after their own religion sometimes...really gets me down man

i sit on the floor at home...????

I personly see no problem with having tables and chairs in the Gurdwara.

shame shame shame

so what do we do ?

hahahahaha....thats improvement and hasnt got anthing to do with out status or how we feel....but improvments to our gurudware so that

1)the electricity powers the P.A so that the paat can be heard from all around the gurudwara

2)Gas-so that the langar is hot for the sangat eating

3) water allows us to keep soocham so we can serve maharaj

4) toilets allow the sangat to be relieved from anything that is disracting them frrom their simran

you catch my drift....ALL THESE IMPROVEMENTS ARE FOR THE SANGAT...

singh sahib the singhs in gurus fauj didnt even know what internet was...let alone use it...so i am sugeesting you think about this carefully as their is always two sides toa penny and sometime one side is ral and the other fake

Today i went to Ramgharia Gurdwara Sahib in southall. To say i was shocked is an understatement!!!!!! As you walk in firstly you see everyone sittin on tables and chairs and eating langar with their shoes on!!! all this despite several Akal Takht hukamanamas on this subject. Then i spot a gyani walking out of the cooking section with shoes on carryying a bata of Karah Parsad!!! no.gif To be honest going to this gurdwara was such a eye opener, the darbar sahib where katha was going on was empty, where as everyone was busy gossiping in the langar hall downstairs!!is this the state of our gurdware today? while the youth goes round tackling the issue of Guru Sahib going to hotels etc, while this is commendable shouldnt we look closer to home and in our own gurdware and make sure hukamname are implemented there. If we cant get them implemented in a gurwara what hope do we have of them being implemented and understood by people of other faiths?

Whats wrong with Table and Chairs? When you go home do you sit on the floor and eat? Even if your sitting on the chairs near a table, everyone is still on the same level when eating. In Singh Sabba Gurdwara you have tables and chairs too. Only difference is that you dont get to sit on the tables but you have to stand near the tables, I choose not to stand near a table and eat since it gives me gas. I would prefer to sit either on the floor or on the chair near a table.

MAnnnnnnnn!

sikhi is being watered down so much. siingh one questrion....do u go home and listen to kirtan for an hour if u miss it at the gurudwara...also the whole point of siiting on the fllor is so that you feel the lowest of the low....

man, sikhs can even look after their own religion sometimes...really gets me down man

i sit on the floor at home...????

I personly see no problem with having tables and chairs in the Gurdwara.

shame shame shame

so what do we do ?

hahahahaha....thats improvement and hasnt got anthing to do with out status or how we feel....but improvments to our gurudware so that

1)the electricity powers the P.A so that the paat can be heard from all around the gurudwara

2)Gas-so that the langar is hot for the sangat eating

3) water allows us to keep soocham so we can serve maharaj

4) toilets allow the sangat to be relieved from anything that is disracting them frrom their simran

you catch my drift....ALL THESE IMPROVEMENTS ARE FOR THE SANGAT...

singh sahib the singhs in gurus fauj didnt even know what internet was...let alone use it...so i am sugeesting you think about this carefully as their is always two sides toa penny and sometime one side is ral and the other fake

So why cant the chairs and tables be for the SANGAT?

And nobody answered my question to as why it is believed that tables and chairs in the langar hall is disrespectful in anyway???

And where it is written in the SGGS dat the langar from a Gurdwara MUST be consumed sitting on the floor???

Thanks if anyone has any answers for me. :wub: