Southall Ramgharia Gurdwara

blatisingh

Today i went to Ramgharia Gurdwara Sahib in southall. To say i was shocked is an understatement!!!!!! As you walk in firstly you see everyone sittin on tables and chairs and eating langar with their shoes on!!! all this despite several Akal Takht hukamanamas on this subject. Then i spot a gyani walking out of the cooking section with shoes on carryying a bata of Karah Parsad!!! no.gif To be honest going to this gurdwara was such a eye opener, the darbar sahib where katha was going on was empty, where as everyone was busy gossiping in the langar hall downstairs!!is this the state of our gurdware today? while the youth goes round tackling the issue of Guru Sahib going to hotels etc, while this is commendable shouldnt we look closer to home and in our own gurdware and make sure hukamname are implemented there. If we cant get them implemented in a gurwara what hope do we have of them being implemented and understood by people of other faiths?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today i went to Ramgharia Gurdwara Sahib in southall. To say i was shocked is an understatement!!!!!! As you walk in firstly you see everyone sittin on tables and chairs and eating langar with their shoes on!!! all this despite several Akal Takht hukamanamas on this subject. Then i spot a gyani walking out of the cooking section with shoes on carryying a bata of Karah Parsad!!! no.gif To be honest going to this gurdwara was such a eye opener, the darbar sahib where katha was going on was empty, where as everyone was busy gossiping in the langar hall downstairs!!is this the state of our gurdware today? while the youth goes round tackling the issue of Guru Sahib going to hotels etc, while this is commendable shouldnt we look closer to home and in our own gurdware and make sure hukamname are implemented there. If we cant get them implemented in a gurwara what hope do we have of them being implemented and understood by people of other faiths?

Whats wrong with Table and Chairs? When you go home do you sit on the floor and eat? Even if your sitting on the chairs near a table, everyone is still on the same level when eating. In Singh Sabba Gurdwara you have tables and chairs too. Only difference is that you dont get to sit on the tables but you have to stand near the tables, I choose not to stand near a table and eat since it gives me gas. I would prefer to sit either on the floor or on the chair near a table.

I personly see no problem with having tables and chairs in the Gurdwara.

If emporers like Akbar were made to sit in the Pangat, besude everyone else, before being alowed to meet Guru Arjan Dev ji.. then who are we to try to change it?

Pangat is not only about equality, its about respecting Guru Ka Langar. Guru Ji has done Bhog of this langar, so we should eat it with our shoes off and heads covered.

Using your logic of comparing your home with Gurdwara - You dont cover your head when you eat at home.. so why at Gurdwara? Think about it.

Personally, I find it more healthy to sit on the floor to eat. Hey, I'm sitting on the floor while writing this post on laptop! lol

Have you guys considered that some people are not able to sit on floor due to disablilty or injuries.

Table chairs and floor is non-issue as far as I am concerned. What should be upheld is that everyone removes their shoes and have their head covered at all times.

its fine for people to sit on tables and chairs if they cant sit on the floor! its the others that bother me! it might be a non issue for you, but the way so many important issues are made into non issues, is it any wonder we have the problems that we do in sikhi today?

Respected Sungat,

Gurdwaras throughout the UK have different polices on eating lungar. I think what is serious is the wearing of shoes whist eating lungar or even serving lungar. Birmingham Soho Road gurdwara also allows shoes to be worn in the main hall but not in the small hall. But the sevadars wear fip folps.

May be a step in the right direction is to tackle the shoe situation first

Have you guys considered that some people are not able to sit on floor due to disablilty or injuries.

Table chairs and floor is non-issue as far as I am concerned. What should be upheld is that everyone removes their shoes and have their head covered at all times.

its fine for people to sit on tables and chairs if they cant sit on the floor! its the others that bother me! it might be a non issue for you, but the way so many important issues are made into non issues, is it any wonder we have the problems that we do in sikhi today?

yes, if it's a lagit reason than it's ok, but it's not right to see young people sitting on tables.

Everyone was on chairs and tables? at least it's better than some people on floor and others on tables... :@

Guest militant singh
:@ This gurdwara is a joke so called gurdwara more like a restuarant for old people and drunks @ no time does paath or keertan go on upstairs they have a picture of sum hindu related VISHKARAM ''god'' fing inside they relax on tabels and chairs dwnstrs and the old guys jus chat and gossip and the odd panjabi swear wrd is heard ...few yrs back they started serving karah parshad with ICE CREAM scoops but after i and another sangat member said dis is wrong dey stopped den dey questioned us we go why dont u give amrit wid a spoon then if u giving karah wid a ice cream scoop fing also people sit under the 'chanani' under which only maharj guru granth sahib ji can be placed ..........keertan never goes on usualy on speacil days odd keertan but normaly people dwnstrs gossping munching and chatin ,,,,loads of beadbi happens there yearly people come in the diwan hal do silly fings las yr a mad woman came and thew a rubbish bag over the palki full of rubbish no stopped it this amopng other things has happned there WHAT REALLY ticks me off is the name ''RAMGHARIA SABHA'' they name it after a caste we dont even believe in caste and they name a gurdwara of all palces after there ''caste'' this ''gurdwara '' sorri restaurant 4 old gossips and drunks where tables and chairs are and pix of vishkarama are is a joke J O K E