Makkar Appeals Akal Takht Jathedar To Summon Prof. Darshan Singh

Makkar appeals Akal Takht Jathedar to summon Prof. Darshan Singh

Sunday 25th of June 2006

Gurpreet Singh Mehak

Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab - Talking to this correspondent at Mata Gujri College, Fatehgarh Sahib, where the SGPC presidentAvtarSingh Makkar formally started construction work of a college students' centre and canteen, the latter said that it was blunder on the part of Darshan Singh to participate in a recent function organized by the Congress related to Guru Arjun Dev's martyrdom at Tarn Taran.

He said that it is a well known fact that the Congress is a number one enemy of the Sikhs and responsible for Operation Blue Star where it is also well known that atrocities were committed on Sikhs. The latter and representatives of the former shared the stage during the function. He said that the former Akal Takht Jathedar not only shared the stage with the Congress but all-out praised Congress leaders. He said that the former Akal Takht Jathedar engaged in such a promotion to obtain cheap political mileage. He said that Darshan Singh earlier obtained the same from the Congress and that he had had become a puppet in the hands of Congress now.

He said that the religious function was organized by the SGPC to commemorate Guru Arjun Dev's martyrdom so what was the need of Darshan Singh to participate in a Congress dominated function, which basically was a political show? He quipped that Darshan Singh should formally announced his desire to join the Congress. He said that he would take up this matter with Dharam Parchar Committee of the SGPC.

He said that now the SGPC has strengthened its base in Pakistan as it participated in martyrdom function of Guru Arjun Dev in Pakistan. He said that the SGPC would observe the foundation day of Akal Takht Sahib on a grand scale. He said that a seminar and other religious functions would be organized June 30th. He added that he would also participate in the Guru Arjun Dev's martyrdom function in New York whereby he will be away from India June 23 to June 28.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PunjabSingh

Badal and his family alongwith Makkar should be summoned to Akaal Takht for defiling the stage during the 400 Anniversary of Shri Guru Arjun Dev jee's shahidi .

Because of Badal family's dictatorship and anti panthic activities and hobnobbing with BJP and RSS many Akalis are joining Congress .

We hear these news stories almost daily here in Punjab.

I wonder why these baagi Akalis of Badal dont join Akali Dal(Amritsar) which is panthic.

But I also know that Akali Dal(Amritsar) is not keen in taking in each and every politician rather they would like to take in only panthic leaders in their party.

One senior leader of Congress tried to join Akali Dal(Amritsar) but Sardar Mann has refused him.

das nimana

Badal and his family alongwith Makkar should be summoned to Akaal Takht for defiling the stage during the 400 Anniversary of Shri Guru Arjun Dev jee's shahidi .

Because of Badal family's dictatorship and anti panthic activities and hobnobbing with BJP and RSS many Akalis are joining Congress .

We hear these news stories almost daily here in Punjab.

I wonder why these baagi Akalis of Badal dont join Akali Dal(Amritsar) which is panthic.

But I also know that Akali Dal(Amritsar) is not keen in taking in each and every politician rather they would like to take in only panthic leaders in their party.

One senior leader of Congress tried to join Akali Dal(Amritsar) but Sardar Mann has refused him.

das nimana

..Yes, it is a good thing the Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) specifically picks who can be a member

of the party as it will reduce the chances of infiltration of anti-panthic bodies into its political activity...

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Guest PunjabSingh

what do you call a chor calling another person a chor?!

Look who is talking about the number one enemy of the sikhs, maybe Makkar needs to look at the picture of his Badal doing Havan with RSS characters....

By 2 chors you mean badal and makkar or someone else ?

Is it also not true the Makkar was given a warm welcome by Sikhs in USA despite the fact he defiled the dharmik stage at Tarn Taran ?

I also heard that when Prof Darshan told makkar that he's been siding with chandus,when makkar replied people responded with jai karas in favour makkar .Is this true ?

This is today's newspapers.

Are Sikhs living outside Punjab hypocrites ? On one hand they criticize makkar,badal and at the same time greet him warmly in USA?

Im just writing what I read in today's newspapers in Punjab.

das nimana

ok here is the story from my city in america das nimana. We are not hypocrites in the west. makkar came to our city on a monday and we only found out by chance from a friend. These characters come to western countries in a very secerative manner. They know that most sikhs in the west despise their master badal sio. I have never to thi day seen badal at our guru ghar. bibi jagir kaur was supoosed top come to our guru ghar but never came, but we saw in the newspaper that she actually did come, just after all the sangat was gone. They do come to our guru ghars but only when their chele are there, not the whole sangat.

watch the video of when vedanti came to a guru ghar in california and when questioned by teh sangat ran away like a mouse rather than face the sanagat like a true sewadaar. Trust me, unlike in India, assi ni inna pakhandia nu bakashde. people in India vote them in power, we here in the west give them what they deserve.

peace.