How You Look at Guruji  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is Status of Guruji In your Heart

• As one with GOD
    • A Learned Individual
    • Above Average Human Being
    • A Sikh - Learner

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Its hard to just qoute something to provide evidence of your question, I could qoute the whole Jaap Sahib but that would take forever when GurSikhs should read it every morning.

"Namastang Nirbaame."

I salute God whom no woman has given birth. Guru Gobind Singh JAAP Sahib

This is a subject that people need to go study for themselves and cannot be taught on a forum.

The Tenth Master

Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708)

' I establish thee as my son, that you spread My Path. Go and instruct men in Righteousness and the Moral Law, and make people desist from evil.'

I stood up, with joined palms, and bowing my head to Lord God, I said: Thy Path I shall spread only if Thou be at my back.

For this was I born into the world, I utter only how and what God uttered to me, for I am the enemy of no one. He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell. For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement. I am but the slave of the Supreme Being come to witness His Play. I tell the world only what my God said to me, for I will not be silenced through fear of the mere mortals. I utter as is the Instruction of my God, for I consider no one greater than Him. I am pleased not with any religious garb, so I shall sow the seeds of the Unaccountable One. Nay, I worship not stones, nor am I attracted by denomintional coats. I utter only the name of the Infinite and so attain unto the Supreme Being. I wear not matted hair, nor ear-rings, nor have regard for any such ritual, and do only what God bids me do. I repeat only the Name of One God who fulfills us, at all places. No, I utter not another's name, nor establish another God. I dwell upon the Name of the Infinite One and so realise the essence of the Supreme Light. I give thought to none else, nor utter another's name. O God, with Thy one Name I am imbued. I have no other pride. Yea, I utter only Thy Name and eradicate my endless sins. (Guru Gobind Singh, Vachitra Natak)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell. For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement." Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj

They are more than us but less than God.

Guru Gobind was the incarnation of Khalsa.

“Without the Guru, no one has found the Lord s Name, O my Siblings of Destiny.” 10th Master

The Gurus are the Gateway to God.

“The veil of falsehood shall be torn down from within you, and Truth shall come to dwell in the mind.” 10th master

your statement says "one" "with" God

“One who serves the Lord obtains the fruits of his rewards, all of his hunger is satisfied. Nanak is a sacrifice to those, who night and day, meditate within their hearts on the Name of the Lord.”10th Master

“Blessed, blessed is the Knower of the Lord, my True Guru, He has taught me to look upon friend and foe alike.”10th Master

Love of God and devotion as all saints' practice was Nanak's chief concern.

How could Nanak love himself?, loving yourself is ego.He taught to shed ego.

"The word is the Guru, The Guru is the Word, For all nectar is enshrined in the world Blessed is the word which reveal the Lord's name But more is the one who knows by the Guru's grace"

Guru Nanak

So GuruJi says he is the word of God but not God.

"God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form"

Guru Nanak

God is all his creation, all humans/matter , all things visible and invisible

"One cannot comprehend Him through reason, even if one reasoned for ages"

Guru Nanak

We shouldnt spend too much time on this subject because of what GuruJi stated above

"The lord can never be established nor created; the formless one is limitlessly complete in Himself"

Guru Nanak

"As fragrance abides in the flower

As reflection is within the mirror,

So does your Lord abide within you,

Why search for him without ? "

Guru Nanak

"The Divine Guru hath sent me for religion's sake On this account, I have come into the world; Extend the faith everywhere Seize and destroy the evil and sinful. Understand this, ye holymen, in your minds I assumed birth for the purpose of spreading the faith, saving the saints and extirpating all tyrants." (Guru Gobind Singh- Chaupai, Bachitar Natak)

Guru Nanak Dev Jee... without a doubt, he was ONE with GOD. NO question, no debate about it.

aap naraaein kalaa dhhaar jag mehi paravariyo ||

The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the world.

nira(n)kaar aakaar joth jag ma(n)ddal kariyo ||

The Formless Lord took form, and with His Light He illuminated the realms of the world.

I agree with you veerji. Can you provide source for ur quote?

Fateh

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5388

Jeez, why can't you just accept that something is right? I actually wrote responses to basically everything you just said, but then I realized you probably weren't going to listen to me and I probably wouldn't reply back to your reply, so I don't even care.

I said, in a SENSE he was God.

Don't listen to me if you don't want to, this thread is done for all I care.

Guru Nanak in speaking about God, says:

There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now.

DONT BREAK THIS DOWN ANY FURTHER. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM TO DISCUSS IN DEPTH THE MOOL MANTAR.

Jeez, why can't you just accept that something is right? I actually wrote responses to basically everything you just said, but then I realized you probably weren't going to listen to me and I probably wouldn't reply back to your reply, so I don't even care.

I said, in a SENSE he was God.

Don't listen to me if you don't want to, this thread is done for all I care.

You get mad when I place qoutes from the Gurus themselves stating that they arent God.

Yes they are in a sence like God YES but not GOD incarnated is the point I was getting across firmly

Get mad, I guess I wont place any qoutes then. Or is someone going to say I made the qoutes up.