• As one with GOD
    • A Learned Individual
    • Above Average Human Being
    • A Sikh - Learner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Nanak Dev Jee... without a doubt, he was ONE with GOD. NO question, no debate about it.

aap naraaein kalaa dhhaar jag mehi paravariyo ||

The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the world.

nira(n)kaar aakaar joth jag ma(n)ddal kariyo ||

The Formless Lord took form, and with His Light He illuminated the realms of the world.

Guru Nanak Dev Jee... without a doubt, he was ONE with GOD. NO question, no debate about it.

aap naraaein kalaa dhhaar jag mehi paravariyo ||

The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the world.

nira(n)kaar aakaar joth jag ma(n)ddal kariyo ||

The Formless Lord took form, and with His Light He illuminated the realms of the world.

I agree with you veerji. Can you provide source for ur quote?

Fateh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

"There is no difference between God and the Guru" SGGS

As in God and the Guru have the same actions towards mankind Loving/humble etc.

But not saying God and the Guru are the same as Guru isnt God. They had Guru Jyot but were in no way God incarnated, because God never takes birth or Dies etc.{Mool Mantra}

Again Hindus think Guru was God and they absolutely were not God.

Read Jap Sahib and see how God can be what is described and Guru couldnt.

Dont get me wrong I love the Gurus but they themselves said that they were not God.

One "with" God doesnt mean they "are" God.

As far as I know if your "with" your friend it doesnt mean you "are" your friend etc.

People have this topic really mixed up.

Guru Nanak talked about God not about himself

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said:

"Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niara, Tab Lag Tej Dioon Mein Sara

Jab Eh Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Mein Na Karoon In Ki Parteet"

This means as long as the Khalsa follow only one path of the Gurus and follow the teaching of Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji will always be with the Khalsa. But if the Khalsa starts following Bipran Ki Reet then Guru Ji will not help the Khalsa because a Sikh is not allowed to follow Bipars (Brahmans). So I have studied some common Bipran Ki Reet practices that Sikhs follow and I believe it will be helpful to those who want to become Sikhs and to those who want to learn what they are and stay away from them.

1. Stay away from psuedo Gurus and believing they are like God. Do not go to any Sant Baba or saint for help because what do you expect a beggar human to give you. Yes, those Babas ask God for help too. Why go to Pakhandis (lairs) (Radha Swami, Nirankaris, Namdharis, Saccha Sodda, Noormahals etc.) when you can follow the path of the Guru and become one with God. Guru Granth Sahib has all of the solutions of every single problem. Do not do Dhaga (thread) or Taweet (Voodoo) which people believe does bad for others. Bani is greater than any black magic or evil power. Nothing can harm those who follow Guru Granth Sahib and do Naam Simran every day.

Do not believe in any gods and goddesses that Hindus believe in. Hindus have three-hundred thirty millions gods and goddesses (330,000,000), which includes snakes, fire, water, trees, stones etc. But the Guru says God doesn't live somewhere out there or up in heaven, he lives in your heart. He has put his Jot (divine light) in you and you should try to become one with Him by following the Guru's teaching. So the first thing is following the Guru Granth Sahib and not anything else.

can someone plz provide gurmukhi version where guruji said they were not god. We should look into the source and see if it has been translated correctly or something. I've heard sakhis of devis, mopping floors in gurujis darbar.... so was guruji a greater demi god? If they were just Learned individuals or spiritual beings, than what distinguishes them from other prophets like ram chandraji, jesus. Why didnt those prophets composed Dhur Ki bani? I just need to clarify my thoughts.....