Working With Alcohol & Meat?

Gupt Lion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Singh Ji, who was a professer in Punjab, came to Uk to work.. he wanted to own a corner shop. However, He refused to give out drinks in his shop.. and this reduced his profits.

At the end, he had to give up.

Then, he got an offer for a job as a part of the council; A librarian.

With Guru ji's kirpa, he earns much more than before and he is able to use the education he has acheieved in Punjab in his work.

You decide.

I'm sure you can talk it out with your manager and explain to him; there are so many jobs to do at a supermarket, there must be something you could do that doesn't make you have to work with alcohol/meat.

I'm sure you can talk it out with your manager and explain to him; there are so many jobs to do at a supermarket, there must be something you could do that doesn't make you have to work with alcohol/meat.

daas hasnt got a job but is looking and jsut wanted the sangats views aand maybe discuss the topic but i think the topic mite be a bit boring so not many people will post

neway last time i applied 4 a job and said i didnt want to work with such tthings i didnt get the job

employers can just employee some one who can do the jobs i wish to do but also dont mind working with alchol and meat

Whats wrong with putting packs of meat on display ? The meat is not exactly going to jump up and drop in your mouth.

It is wrong to drink alcohol but I have not seen many people in ASDA etc drinking whilst they work.

So just get the job and do good honest work. No one will force you to eat and drink what the place sells.

For the anti meat & sharab brigade etc I hope they think twice about joining company pension schemes etc as no doubt the company pension scheme will hold shares in companies like Sainsburys, Tesco, United breweries, Allied Domecq etc who openly sell and profit from meat and alcohol. They also must avoid depositing money in banks as they are also used by lots of such companies.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Im unemployed right now, but I could have got a job with some Sikhs at a gas station but I had to turn it down because I would hav had to touch alcohol and tobacco products.

I find something eventually that I will supposed to be doing.

Do what you feel is comfortable. You'll get so much mixed advice it will probably confuse you even more.

A few days after I took amrit I was asked to take my team out to lunch. I knew I would have to buy a round of drinks for them, imagine a Singh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji going to a bar asking for a round of drinks for other people. I couldn't do it and approached the CEO to explain my situation. Whether he was happy or not he respected my decision and from that day I never had to take anyone to lunch where I would have to buy an alcoholic drink. As time went on the firm respected my wishes and gradually stopped even asking me to go to the pub with them.

OK, truthfully I did become a bit of an outcaste in the office, but rather that than doing something that would make feel like I was insulting my Guru and the countless Saheeds who lived and breathed Sikhi.

To "kurtas":

I think it's more like if you don't think it's a good thing, why would you want to be associated with it.

Or am I wrong? Then could somebody explain why you guys think it's wrong to just place it on shelves, etc, if it's packed? I don't get it wacko.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Tobacco is wrapped and packaged, but Guru Teg Bahadur said not to even touch it. Or did he need to be specific enough to say you can touch it if it is in a pouch?

not that GuruJi said no touching meat but if I dont eat it or deal with it why should I touch it?

Maybe people could touch the meat but the alcohol is an absolute NO.