Youth @ Gurdwara

dsingh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Haircutting is anti Sikh{ although people justify it as not being anti}. How many of the Gurus Sikhs {khalsa} had cut hair in the history of Sikhi besides all the heretic modern ones.The Guru asked us to not cut our hair and people disrespect his hukam by not listening, and if they go to another religion is because they arent strong enough to be in the Khalsa army. If they cant keep hair then they cant do anything because thats just the first requirement. Other religions are too easy to be so it appeals to the spiritually lazy people.

Well if they don't allow them in the Gurdwara who's going to educate them? Although i know what you're saying but i'm sure you can see my point!

BREAK this barrier

Not as in notallowing them in, but you can tell at first glance who loves the Guru more by the hair on their head. rolleyes.gif

Thats fuuny I see your point, and you see my point, and after I typed, I noticed that this is pointless then hahaha

post-5391-1151683250.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. LOL, giani speaking english. Why should they, its our job to learn punjabi.

2. Youth participation - what can they do, it can get complicated when most cut their hair etc.

3. sikhi month sounds good but can u guys b bothered to meet up 2 days running. can u lot do kirtan or play some part in the event?

4. sikh parchar should b done in the gurdwara not elsewhere.

5. Committees r a big problem, they won't step down or let others do seva that they don't like

1 - Why Should they? That's the reason in the decline in youths attending. neither is that attitude required. a majority, yes a majority speak english and we need to move with the times. Otherwise the buddhe can sit on the Gurwara until they pop their clogs and the Gurdwara will remain empty afterwards. THIS is where we fail, all other religions make there parchaar in English spanish whatever language is required!! Guru Nanak did the same!

2 - Well there you have it, if the haircutting is the barrier, and you don't let them in, ,it's not the fault of the youth they turn to other religions & sharab/drugs etc!

3 - What? You've obviously not been around Mr! All other religions actively do parchaar anywhere they can. You sit inside your Gurdwara and do it to the walls! rolleyes.gif

4 - Why won't they step down? The sangat put them there the sangat must bring them down!

What is the 'seva' they don't like? The real seva or the seva of not allowing the halls to be used for the kanjar puna they love indulging in!!

Joothi lak ke taan devan sir roda kar Committee walian da!! :e:

1. It is the responsibility of all parents to teach their kids punjabi! i take it you don't speak punjabi baba ji?

2. I add that the kids of the committee members are the clean shaven so called 'sikh' and nobody will say anything to them regardless of what they do.

3. How can you do PROPER parchar outside the gurdwara, will you be providing degh and langar? Will you be presenting your sangat with guru granth sahib ji?

4. I can assure u that the committee is not elected by sangat as they only do 'seva' as nobody else can be bothered with the hassle of running a gurdwara/business

Attracting the the youth to the gurdwara isnt done through new technology. The projector in the gurdwaras is a helpful tool that teaches us alot actually but what i wud like is real sikhism to be preached in gurdwaras, that wud attract the youth and keep them there.

Today i see everything preached BUT sikhism. Comittees just are there to fatten their pockets with the sangat's money.

commitees thing the sikh sangat exists to provide them with position and power. I think that the comitee exisits to make sure were are being taught real sikhi in gurdware.

THEY Spent so many millions on the new havelock gurdwara......its huge....and so magnificant it is. wow they have real gold up there, huge stain glass window. massive langhar......

such a magnificant gurdwara....but it all means nothing 2 me.

keeping the youth at the gurdwara? i think the youth beein driven away from the gurdwara..

a group of sikh youths go 2 do sewa and they end up gettin arrested under false accusations by the comitee. THE Relations between the gurdwara and the sikh youth couldnt be worse.

what was the reason for these false accusations? was there a hidden agenda of the comitee??

My sikh brothers and sisters, are we living in such a messed up age of kal yug, that people cannot even go in2 the gurdwara to do sewa without being framed/set-up because it suits the comitee?

wen i say preach real sikhi, i give u an example. Som1 steals from the gurdwara...... surely we are meant to stop this! but noooooooooo people are told by the comitee to allow the stealing. its not their concern they say. whos concern is it ? i put this question to the sikhsangat.com readers. whos responsibility is it to stop people looting the sangat/???? mine? yours? comitees? I say its everyones!

But thas according 2 me, according to the comitee its not our place to stop looting of the sangat.

I RAISED THIS ISSUE ONCE BE4, IN GREAT DETAIL IN A TOPIC I MADE, BUT THE TOPIC WAS DELETED BY ADMIN....IT GOT NO LESS THAN 300 VIEWS in AN HOUR. (VERY POPULAR).

Akaal

akaal

sat sri akaal

when they steal you should go and cut off their left hand , oh wait the $%#@#@ religion does that but if I say it then it slander{its not but...}

1. It is the responsibility of all parents to teach their kids punjabi! i take it you don't speak punjabi baba ji?

2. I add that the kids of the committee members are the clean shaven so called 'sikh' and nobody will say anything to them regardless of what they do.

3. How can you do PROPER parchar outside the gurdwara, will you be providing degh and langar? Will you be presenting your sangat with guru granth sahib ji?

4. I can assure u that the committee is not elected by sangat as they only do 'seva' as nobody else can be bothered with the hassle of running a gurdwara/business[/font]

Yes it is the responsiblity of the parents but as you're aware they have failed so as the Gurdwara front, it's the duty of the Gianis to encourage it by teaching/hiring staff to do so.

BTW - I probably speak better panjabi than you, although i can't read or write it. :TH: Paar je sun-na chaunda pher tenu phone kar dinda mein, sun levin kini panjabi bolda! :e:

2 - What does that have to do with me? You advise the committee members in regard to how they should control their children! If you're afraid then that's showing your weakness :TH:

3 - You're only aware of one kind of parchaar hunnah? Ever heard of leaflets Khalsa ji? Audio tapes - Verbal

4 - As for this, in a majority of Gurdwaras they are selected by sangat, correct me if im wrong!

Haircutting is anti Sikh{ although people justify it as not being anti}. How many of the Gurus Sikhs {khalsa} had cut hair in the history of Sikhi besides all the heretic modern ones.The Guru asked us to not cut our hair and people disrespect his hukam by not listening, and if they go to another religion is because they arent strong enough to be in the Khalsa army. If they cant keep hair then they cant do anything because thats just the first requirement. Other religions are too easy to be so it appeals to the spiritually lazy people.

Well if they don't allow them in the Gurdwara who's going to educate them? Although i know what you're saying but i'm sure you can see my point!

BREAK this barrier

Not as in not allowing them in, but you can tell at first glance who loves the Guru more by the hair on their head. rolleyes.gif

Well i'm sure you didn't have your Kesh intact once, but somebody gave you the time to explain the significance of the Kesh :e:

"""""""2 - What does that have to do with me? You advise the committee members in regard to how they should control their children! If you're afraid then that's showing your weakness """""""""

Because then who else can we put it on? lol

"""""""2 - What does that have to do with me? You advise the committee members in regard to how they should control their children! If you're afraid then that's showing your weakness """""""""

Someone closer to home, ie the Committee members :TH:

Someone closer to home, ie the Committee members :TH:

why its funner to put it off on someone who has nothing to do with it. LOL.gif

I'm not being picky or personal to you guys, i just want to get as much depth as i can from this topic. We've gone off topic now though hunna.

You can't blame the committee everywhere, i strongly believe that somewhere in a little town there are gursikhs who run the gurdwara sahib to all the maryada.

That I know of in Washington State x-hazzori Raagi Jaswant Singh at Gurdwara Guru Ram Das is that tiny little town that your talking about.

It is tiny but the Paalki inside looks like a million bucks.