Beadbi To Gurbani - Wedding Cards

WGKK WGKF

How come beadbi is allowed by Sikhs on the whole, to Gurbani, to allow printing of "tukks" on wedding cards and other invitation cards so easily available in India and in the UK? People place the cards on shelves etc where they fall by wind, and dont treat it with any respect. This is not good at all.

Also, why is DTF allowed to sell Guru Granth Sahib Jee to just anyone?

WGKK WGKF

How come beadbi is allowed by Sikhs on the whole, to Gurbani, to allow printing of "tukks" on wedding cards and other invitation cards so easily available in India and in the UK? People place the cards on shelves etc where they fall by wind, and dont treat it with any respect. This is not good at all.

Also, why is DTF allowed to sell Guru Granth Sahib Jee to just anyone?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

This needs to be addressed aswell. We all need to understand that Gurbani must not be placed on any item that is disposable, cards, posters & calenders especially.

This is a seva everyone can do. If your relative has a programme where they will be sending invites them please educate them as to not have Gurbani on the invites. Also programme organisers must not put Gurbani on Posters.

As far as I know DTF used to "sell" Maharaj Saroops but not anymore.

Ok, the problem is now highlighted. So... now we ensure that we speak to our relatives, local printers, local Sangat and educate them about the use of GurBani tuks on cards, magazines etc.

The responsibility is OURS to ensure this practice stops!

Also, DTF should not be selling Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj anymore, if they are then they must be confronted. Please provide proof ASAP!

Forget that man - we need an official word on this by Akal Takht seeing as they did manage to send an official word on that Ek Nivaass thing. All printers in India, UK and around the world need to know its not only a "hand few militants" who are demanding this beadbi, on a MASS scale, to stop.

And dont take this as gospel, but i was told by someone who went to DTF that SGGSJ was on a shelf in the basement area of the store... but i havent checked it out myself so i cant confirm that to be 100% accurate.

Forget that man - we need an official word on this by Akal Takht seeing as they did manage to send an official word on that Ek Nivaass thing. All printers in India, UK and around the world need to know its not only a "hand few militants" who are demanding this beadbi, on a MASS scale, to stop.

And dont take this as gospel, but i was told by someone who went to DTF that SGGSJ was on a shelf in the basement area of the store... but i havent checked it out myself so i cant confirm that to be 100% accurate.

A word of advise my friend. Be very careful what you communicate to people based on hearsay! You don't know how easily a volatile situation can arrise. DTF did sell Maharaj's Saroop up until about 2 years ago. After discussions with the local Sangat they promised they will not sell Maharaj's Saroop anymore. The question is have they gone against what they promised?

Also before you put a statement about Maharaj's Saroop being placed on shelves please check it out yourself. Please don't just write something on the internet based on a rumour, it's dangerous!

Do you call all major Midland Gurdwaras joining together to stop Beadbi at Ek Niwas a "hand few militants"??

They represent the Sikh Community in UK!! The are acting & implementing Sikh Rehit Maryada!!

Your comment about DTF is just as bad as the "EK Bakwas" text. Its all Slander :TH:

Ek Niwas is not a place where prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji should happen. The Sangat have made the decision!

Get a life

Ok, the problem is now highlighted. So... now we ensure that we speak to our relatives, local printers, local Sangat and educate them about the use of GurBani tuks on cards, magazines etc.

Also, DTF should not be selling Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj anymore, if they are then they must be confronted. Please provide proof ASAP!

Ok...so lets impose a FASCIST type state where our Kin of Kings Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is only available to a select few (this desopite the fact our actual Guru's were available to all).

Have any of you Numbskulls (and I am sorry for my language but you people get me so mad), though why our Guru's put their word on paper. ......errm deuhh no.............well let me give you a clue.............SO IT WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL.

It doesn't matter whether you are a Amritdhari or Not, black or white, tall or small, fat or thin, Hindu or Muslim (or any other denomination...............YOU people have no right to deny our Guru to anyone who wishes to gain acces to it. ohmy.gif

Do you call all major Midland Gurdwaras joining together to stop Beadbi at Ek Niwas a "hand few militants"??

They represent the Sikh Community in UK!! The are acting & implementing Sikh Rehit Maryada!!

Your comment about DTF is just as bad as the "EK Bakwas" text. Its all Slander :TH:

Ek Niwas is not a place where prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji should happen. The Sangat have made the decision!

Get a life

Err well actually no.....the Gurudwara's don't represent what most Sikhs think.......most of the one's I speak to think this whole Ek Niwas business has been blown out of all proportion by a handfull of people........................probably the same enlightened (an that is sarcasm btw) people who managed to make the entire Sikh community look like stupid fools during the Behzti affair.

Ok...so lets impose a FASCIST type state where our Kin of Kings Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is only available to a select few (this desopite the fact our actual Guru's were available to all).

Have any of you Numbskulls (and I am sorry for my language but you people get me so mad), though why our Guru's put their word on paper. ......errm deuhh no.............well let me give you a clue.............SO IT WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL.

It doesn't matter whether you are a Amritdhari or Not, black or white, tall or small, fat or thin, Hindu or Muslim (or any other denomination...............YOU people have no right to deny our Guru to anyone who wishes to gain acces to it. ohmy.gif

You what??? Do people learn santhia from the Gurbani on an invitation card??

Who is denying anyone Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?? All people are asking for is RESPECT!! Does that mean that we forget about respect towards Guruji!!!

Stop get mad and think before posting

You what??? Do people learn santhia from the Gurbani on an invitation card??

Who is denying anyone Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?? All people are asking for is RESPECT!! Does that mean that we forget about respect towards Guruji!!!

Stop get mad and think before posting

More than you think ............give people more credit than what you think.

You people will do what YOU think is right and your own version of Sikhism................the silent majority won't support you.

If you cannot see the slippery slope that you and the others here are headed down then I pity you. :|

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

PS Sorry for getting mad..............but this whole issue has infuriated me.