Sardarni's With Dastaars

Guest confused

Guest confused

Sorry, I'm just confused. Growing up as a Sikh in India, I never knew sikh women could wear dastaar, so now in America, I see some bibia wear the guru's crown and I am d_oh.gif very happy, but why was I never told that bibia can wear a dastaar just like men? grin.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

cuz its punjabism..if das a wrd lol...ppl always put women..never given equal opportunites...however sikhi introduces equaltiy, independance and own identity

guruji beleived in equaltiy....

guru angad dev jee ecouranged education of all sikhs...BOTH men and women...

guru gobind singh jee gave the same right to women to fight as soldiers in war...he also said that every sikh should wear a dastaar ....not just men...

recently with gurujis kirpa ive started to wear a dastaar...and alot of people did suggest me not to wear ...as by saying only men wear it or only amritdhari do etc ( as im not an amritdhari yet).....it all comes from the people who do not know much themsleves....and to be honest people in india people are is still struggling to get over this hinduism of putting women down....im not saying its not happening in other countries..ofcourse its expect wherever typical punjabis live :| ......however it seems like more sikh women have began to adopt gurujis' dastaar which is wiked gd :TH: :wub:

its not alot but hope this helped bhainji blush.gif

tke care

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

REASON U WERNT TOLD WAS PROBS DUE 2 THIS PANJABI CULTURE! PANJABI CULTURE = MEAT, PARTY, DRINKING, GOING GURDWARA SUNDAYS! LOOL! TRUST MEE!

BUT GURU JIS CROWN SHOULD BE WORN ON EVERY SIKHS HEAD REGARDLESS OF SEX!

I THINK ITS WICKED WHEN I SEE A BIBI WEARING A DASTAR, SHOWS THEY UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF EQUALITY AND UNDERSTANDING REASONS BEHIND A DASTAR! AND THE IMPORTANCE OF IT!

VAHEGUROOOO!!

VJKK VJKF!

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh

The way i see it is obviously the equality aspect as, i believe that if a bebe would have stood up at the time Guru Gobind Singh Jee distributed amrit, and the Singhs were dressed in baana, he would have given the bebeya dastaar too and it isn't just a Singh thing.

What princess is to be without her crown? :|

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh

Dont worry bro I used to be in the same category, I thought women who wore dastaar were bhappa from srinagar and delhi and they too white skin. thats what i thought when i lived in my pind in punjab but when i came to united states i met singhni with dastaar and they weren't bhapa they were my own relatives.

Sorry, I'm just confused. Growing up as a Sikh in India, I never knew sikh women could wear dastaar, so now in America, I see some bibia wear the guru's crown and I am d_oh.gif very happy, but why was I never told that bibia can wear a dastaar just like men? grin.gif

Thats what i thought, not what i think anymore. I gre up in a culture of caste being jatt was a proudness at my house so pulla chukka maaf.

Bhappa? what does being bhappa or jatt have anything to do with wearing a dastaar? or sikhism at all? sikhs are against castes.

Guest confused

Sangat jio,

Thank you for the great responses. d_oh.gif But now don't get angry with me. I guess just something I'm wondering is when the bibia wear a dastaar, then they don't look like "ladies" anymore. Can you see what I'm saying? grin.gif Sorry if I offended.