2 Kare?confused :s

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I do. But my grandma {she isnt Sikh} wanted it and I gave her my left hand Kara. She nows wears it everyday.

The right hand is solar energy and left hand is lunar energy.A Male is solar energy. A female is lunar energy. chand etc.

Male: must at least wear one on the right wrist serving the solar energy

Female: must wear her Kara on the left hand serving the lunar energy.

It a man wears a kara on the left hand he has tapped into the lunar energy of his and should not wear a smooth banded Kara it should have the smooth band broke up. Vise versa to women they should wear the broken banded kara on the right hand if wearing two.

{It is not in anyway a stupid or childish question, and is quite a valid question that most Sikhs dont know}

I do. But my grandma {she isnt Sikh} wanted it and I gave her my left hand Kara. She nows wears it everyday.

The right hand is solar energy and left hand is lunar energy.A Male is solar energy. A female is lunar energy. chand etc.

Male: must at least wear one on the right wrist serving the solar energy

Female: must wear her Kara on the left hand serving the lunar energy.

It a man wears a kara on the left hand he has tapped into the lunar energy of his and should not wear a smooth banded Kara it should have the smooth band broke up. Vise versa to women they should wear the broken banded kara on the right hand if wearing two.

{It is not in anyway a stupid or childish question, and is quite a valid question that most Sikhs dont know}

bahmanwad. grin.gif

I know an elder Sikh who wears 20 and?????????????

Think what ever you want as if the only signifigance is a metal thing on your wrist but there is more to than meets the eye.

Get butthurt over it if you like I dont care.

Someone then explain what shakta and shakti is and the signifigance or why their is a chand on the ad chand? is it a representaion of shakti??????

What is the meaning of a kara?

The Kara is a metal bangle worn on a Sikh's wrist. This seeks to deter the Sikh from committing any type of sin. For most sins and crimes are committed through the hands, hence the Kara would always be seen by the Sikh.

kara is a symbolic circular steel bracelet worn by Sikh initiates, as a symbol of the initiate's committment to truthfulness, strength, and unity. It is also considered as a visible deterrant to wrongdoing, by attaching a symbol of God to the hand.

Kara: The bracelet symbolizes restrain from evil deeds. It is worn on the right wrist and reminds the Sikh of the vows taken by him, that is, he is a servant of the Guru and should not do anything which may bring shame or disgrace. When he looks at the Kara, he is made to think twice before doing anything evil with his hands.

Kara: Steel bracelet. One of the five Sikh articles of faith, given as gifts of love by Guru Gobind Singh, worn by a baptized Sikh. Worn as a symbol of devotion

the function of the kara is to act as a visible symbol of power and unity. The material represents the strength while the circular shape signifies the essential oneness of the Sikh faith.

I could go on forever with all the different interputations of the Kara. Which is the "one" correct description??

Why do we put our hands together during Ardas or when meeting someone???????????????

Is it putting together lunar and solar energy or is it just a ritual????????

Some kids think everything is too simple with no deep meaning.

Why in Gurbani does it say that Sarbloh is always vibrating and the whole whole is in this vibration??????????

Let me guess all the "Sikhs" who question everything, cutt their hair huh?????????

a metal band around the wrist is seen as a Kara but its not a Kara unless it steel or pure iron.

any questions like this are good ones. Dont feel embarassed to ask these types of questions. Youll never know until you ask, thats my way of learning also when there isnt a book I can read about it.