Bhangra & Gatka

Akaali

Ok, I was on that gurseva hub, and I came across this bhangra video, thought what the hell see wat its about..well it was a concert, you know some goofs doing bhangra on the stage, then all of a sudden this sardar guy comes from behind and jumps over something with two sri sahibs in his hand, and starts doing gatka (or some miserable swinging of swords), and this is happening with a packed crowd..

I don't know, maybe I'm just taking it too seriously, but gatka shouldn't in no way be associated with bhangra, sure Singh's do gatka along with the beat of a dhol, but thats a different thing. I'll post the video, just wanna see wat you guys think.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

yeah i seen that too... these people made gatka a show only to get people attraction... different akhade have different style... but the main purpose is lost... And man most of the guys who do gatka only know the steps... if you just go out of the step to hit the other person he can't defend... is it what gatka is supposed to be??

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

depends on teh scenerio IMO, are u sure it wuz a non-sikhi related area?

sometimes at the gurdwara here they have like bhangra songs (clean ones) and then a sikhi song some where and u may have a performer, but i may be mistaken gravely, and if its at some gig where theres darroo or takl of daroo then in no way is this acceptable

And man most of the guys who do gatka only know the steps... if you just go out of the step to hit the other person he can't defend... is it what gatka is supposed to be??
Singh, its all about the steps, here our Ustaad (teacher) use to make people master the pantra for a year atleast, before letting em touch a shaster, so its all in the steps you miss one step could mean the end of you. So you have to master the steps, before you even decide to go onto the shasters, and how to keep your entire body protected from attacks.
please post the veideo