Amrit Velaa

Chamkila jee, never be sorry for asking something about Sikhi...it is great you are seeking for a more Gurmat maraag/ path.

U asked how long paht takes...if you are a beginner, its possible that it will take about under and hour to do the panj banees in the morning.

I am not sure of how others pursue their amrit velaa..but after ishnaan, i do naam simran for a certain length of time and then read my panj banees.

Hanjee you are rite that punjabee will help you very much!

It is good that you are listening to the banees...but it would be a very good idea for you to readthe paaht at the same time...in Gurbanee it mentions how we should speak with our tongue, and hear banee....

Ideally you should be reading the paaht as much as possible when required.

Please do keep asking questions if we have left anything out.

It is SO great to hear that you shall be thinking of pursueing life this way rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after doing ur 5baniya in the morning you do ardas, and after doing rehraas sahib in the evening you do ardaas and before sleeping after completin ur sohila sahib you do ardaas...

usually its better to do it by the order as there's a specific meaning behind the order.. i dun really know as how to put it into words.. maybe some verji or phenji would like to help out here...

bhul chuk maaf karni..

usually i will do ardaas after doin sohila sahib because after that you are suppose to sleep :) ... and usually i will do an ardaas for forgiveness if ive had done any mistake in reading da baani and forgiveness for da entire days doings.. well u jz dunno wut mite happen when ur sleeping :( ... and also i will do ardaas to ask waheguru to give me enough strenght and will power to wake up for amritvela :@

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

veerje ardaas can be done anywhere and waht ever u feel like doing rolleyes.gif but the first part should be recited it was given by sri guru gobind singh jee maharaj till sri guru granth sahib jee da dhay dhar ki bolo jee waheguroo till that u should bakki u can make of ur own no prob bul chuk maaf rolleyes.gif

Guest Akaal108

All i would say is this...

Dont make your nitneem an duty(ritual) but wake up in love towards god... no matter how hard you will try.... its vaariaag(emotions) towards god that will make you get up in amrit-vela not the alarm clock which can be turned off easily... lol..... take it easy... vaariag towards god takes time...i get up 7.45 am every day.. slowly i ll start gettin up little early...bit by bit....i m satisfied because i know it takes time... dont listen to what others say or think of you... remember its an personal relationship towards you and your guroo/murshad/vaheguroo...

thats just my opnion... ^_^