power of kirtan sohila

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Awesome thread khalsa jee...

thanks for starting it.

I have a question ... please forgive me if this is dumb...

Many people have said that they have a maryada that after Sohila sahib paat they will not eat anything.

The sakhi that Sandeep Kaur posted also said that we should read Sohila sahib paat before sleeping.

A few questions:

1) If you are going to be staying up all night, and you did Sohilaa sahib paat earlier that night, is it okay to eat between the time that you did Sohilaa Sahib paat and the time that you do your nitnem (during this time you would typically be sleeping but you're up for whatever reason - seva, work, school )

2) Does anybody know how the bani came to be known as "Kirtan" Sohila instead of just "Sohila" ?

3) In Sohila Sahib baanee, it says "kar saadhoo anjulee pun vadaa hai, kar dandaut pun vadaa hai." Do you interpret "saadhoo" as Guru Granth Sahib jee, as Sikh SAnts, or as any Sant / Mahapursh?

4) To "Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji" jee, you said 52 hukams of Nader, what is Nader pyareo and could you give more details of these 52 hukams - do you have links to the history of the 52 hukams? I have seen the hukams but I have not seen any historical details.

DHAN DHAN DHAN SAADH JAN !!!

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

-daas

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

n>

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

very good questions... I only think I can answer one:

Sohila Saab path is meant for us to do just before going to sleep... and I think its clever that it is a very small one (only like 3 minutes to do). So if you do it, and then you stay up later, you can eat something, but just try to do it again right before going to sleep.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!