I Need Direction.

Guest Confused.

Guest Confused.

Ya this may have been posted b4.....

I sometimes do question my religion mainly because of other people's actions...keeping my beard long...and clashes between todays society and old indian mentality..what is ur take one this?

what problems do the other sikhs face in society?

uhgg...i'm just wondering b/c b4 i didn't question the religion or anything else for that matter.....for me it was really hard after 9/11 I think the hardest part for me is to be able to maintain some sort of direction....religion: SIkhism: Jatts v Tarkhans bull <admin-profanity filter activated>: Hindus v Sikhs:Muslims v Sikhs....so in the end when i go to the gurudwara i go to the place in which politics rain high and the division is there...

I am sorry to say but I am losing my faith in Sikhi. Help me Please!!!

Guest Guest

remember "Sikhism" is eternal

u are eternal

after your body "dies" your soul will not

so in turn it's about your soul and connecting, and feeling, and shining...if you get my drift?

make "sikhism" your own PERSONAL thing- something between you and Guru ji - no one else

ya its a shame these days there's too much corruption in terms of political/social issues mainly because some people are power/money hungry no.gif but don't judge Sikhism by the actions of a handful

Sikhism is not theirs to destroy and manipulate and ruin for everyonone else don't give them the satisfaction

remember you were born onto this path for a reason, so instead, love and embrace Sikhism and in turn you shall find that it will save you and liberate you pray.gif

it's good that your questioning things, because it's only through searching and actually being a "Sikh" (disciple/learner) of the Eternal Guru will your soul recognise it's origin and worth

Guest Guest

oo also i forgot to add, ya we do face a lot of problems, mainly due to our unique identity, but that's something you overcome, don't let it bother you, be strong, hold your head up high, let the world know you're a Sikh d_oh.gif Guru Sahib has got your back! :TH:

keep the faith!!! :D become a Khalsa, let your jot shine, be a shining example to others, so they realise what a Khalsa is meant to be like!

Guest Guest

Ya this may have been posted b4.....

I sometimes do question my religion mainly because of other people's actions...keeping my beard long...and clashes between todays society and old indian mentality..what is ur take one this?

What about the hair on your head. Do you keep it long too and cover it with a turban?

Just queries to know why you just mentioned "beard".

my brothaaaaar...

when i was in high school, there was quite a large sikh vs. muslim clash.

it changed my perspective on what kind of sikh i was at the time...never had a drink, a smoke, drugs, none of it.. but i was just as clueless as my punjabi friends with the cut hair, the huge khanda chains, and the jazzy B blaring......

it's true what one of the guests said before... sikhi is what you make of it....forget the people around you...draw and build upon the inspiration...and throw out all the garbage....you CAN have others inspire you....but you should never let others be your downfall...

make sikhi your own....get some guidance...ask some questions...get a feel for what you really want out of sikhi....and progress spiritually...cuz religion is essentially jus the rituals and rules that sikhi tries to break from..spirituality and connecting with the almighty is what makes sikhi so special and so unique, gives meaning to all the "rituals".

make it your own, man.... and watch your life change

Some very good advive for you here bro!!!!

But more than that I think the respones to your predicament show the true brother (Or Sister) Hood of the khalsa :e: . This should give you strength. Many things are done in the name of Religon (eg 9/11) but its just evil trying to justify itself. Even Bush said he was told by God to bomb Afghanistan. The Mughals used religon to justify the killing of many people in india, the israel again says they have a divne right to palestine and wont accept judgement from anyone. Its like at school when some kid gets in trouble they try to justify it by saying "But sir he made me do it" I hope you can see what Im trying to say. And remember the sacrifices our Gurus and the followers made eg banda bahardur, the victims of 84 etc. Even our 10th Guru pray.gif lost his father, mother, 4 sons well pretyy much everything but his faith and love in all those who follow the Khalsa (baptised or clean shaven) made him carry on and bring this wonderful religon to the world. Even guru Nanak describes the creation of every thing as a big flash of light and everything expands out from that light he also said at the end of creation everything will shrink back into nothing. This as Im sure youve guessed is an exact version of a highly respected scientific theory of creation called the big bang!!!! Its even been scientifically proven that galaxys are moving away from a central point and the universe is expanding! the theory is that once it cant expand anymore the universe will then start to shrink back in on itself to a point where another big bang will occur. This is a quite recent theory Yet Baba NANAK pray.gif already knew this HUNDREDS of years ago :nihungsmile: :e: :T:

If I can be so bold Id like to recomend a book by J.D. Cunnigham called the History Of Sikhs I found it to be very objective and enlightening. Also If u can read Punjabi (otherwise do as I did and get an English translation) read and Understand the SUKHMANI SAHIB pray.gif

Anyway Ive gone on long enough but I hope you find the peace you are looking for. please feel free to contact me anytime if you need a friend

:D

Take Care

WJKK WJKF