Background Music For Videos

$ingh $oorma

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Yeah it is the message but singing Gurbani is different than singing anyother type of religious topics/words etc. Gurbani Raag means more because it is from the Gurus mouth so we continue and echo yet amplify the message into eternity.and then theres just singing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Yeah it is the message but singing Gurbani is different than singing anyother type of religious topics/words etc. Gurbani Raag means more because it is from the Gurus mouth so we continue and echo yet amplify the message into eternity.and then theres just singing.

tru that

tru that

it is from the gurus mouth... the message, and that all that really matters. The language or script is just a small detail, we should focus on the message above all.

Kirtan in punjabi/gurmakhi sounds like static to me

Here you are saying the Gurus bani straight sounds like static. Whoa that is an anti-panthic statement. So you say you have zero intention of learning the Gurmukhi script? How can that work. You will never get to recite from SGGS.

How can you say these things about what language{s} is in SGGS??????

Next your gonna say you are starting a sangat that has a 4 volume SGGS in english as the installed Guru.

Snatam Kaur sounds good singing bani and then she sings songs.{there is a difference}

Actually shell be here in Sac next week, and Im gonna go see her jatha. I wonder how much she will sing in original Bani language or mostly English?

why change it??

you can take some time out of your schedule to understand Gurbaani ...

i mean..having Gutkey sahib in English is ok...and havin the translation in English is great...

but...

when sung...i think Gurbaani should be sung in the original form...

my opinion..

peace...

GUrFateh.

why change it??

i mean..having Gutkey sahib in English is ok...and havin the translation in English is great...

but...

my opinion..

peace...

GUrFateh.

:TH: Thats what I think too, but lionchild doesnt want to learn how to recite banis in Gurmukhi. Thats like making your 4 speed car only run on 2 gears, first and second gear, and having no over drive

If you want to learn Sikhi please dont take lionchilds route, he is trying to drive in a place where he cant read the road signs so how can he get where he wants?

look Gurmukhi

post-5391-1154883866.jpg

why change it??

but...

my opinion..

peace...

GUrFateh.

:TH: Thats what I think too, but lionchild doesnt want to learn how to recite banis in Gurmukhi. Thats like making your 4 speed car only run on 2 gears, first and second gear, and having no over drive

If you want to learn Sikhi please dont take lionchilds route, he is trying to drive in a place where he cant read the road signs so how can he get where he wants?

look Gurmukhi

post-5391-1154883866.jpg

lol

if you really think about it...

Guru ji did NOT want us to sing His words in English..or any other lango.

In Gurbaani...there are SO many Raags..SO many...

like..lots..

yeah..there are a few types of Raags...

but there are so many of the diff. Raags..

so why change it??? :D @

dont make sense no.gif

Lol... 400 years of religious inbreeding and thsi is what we get.. people who are afraid to allow anyone else with different learnign style to get invlolved with sikhi. Heck, even converts like PSK have been thought to believe that thair own language and culture is something to be ashamed of. And if anyone tries to learn differently, we are called anti-panthic or similar.

Who change anything, PSK, KG1... did i say in any of my posts to change it? no i didn't, you are puting those words in my mouth. And PSK, i challenge you to listen to any other language other than punjabi/english and tell me what you hear - can you understnad it? Would you be able to listen to it and not get bored or confused? or would you jsut blindly except it as the "norm" as for static, you will soon find out it will become boreing and tireing. :D

Converts don't convert into punjabi culture... we convert into sikhi way of life. We can use any language to talk to god, as he is creator of all things and understand everything.

I personally ask you PSK, if you can somehow refute that statement? find a Guru granth sahib ji quote while your at it too.

You jokes is funny... not all cars have 4 speeds and smae use, and i would demand signs in other languages for other nationalities.... of course, that would require a little extra work and not learning your style. rolleyes.gif

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

Would like to say, Guru Ji gave us gurbani to read so we would understand how the world was supposed to be lived in, You get more raas from reading gurbani then actually gettin the english translations. A white woman who studied the sikh language stated that if the world was using panjabi, we woudl of been using computers hundreds of years ago! English translations dnt even come close to how the gurbani has been stated, The english translations are just there to guide us.

VJKK VJKF!