Background Music For Videos

$ingh $oorma

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... 400 years of religious inbreeding and thsi is what we get.. people who are afraid to allow anyone else with different learnign style to get invlolved with sikhi. Heck, even converts like PSK have been thought to believe that thair own language and culture is something to be ashamed of. And if anyone tries to learn differently, we are called anti-panthic or similar.

Who change anything, PSK, KG1... did i say in any of my posts to change it? no i didn't, you are puting those words in my mouth. And PSK, i challenge you to listen to any other language other than punjabi/english and tell me what you hear - can you understnad it? Would you be able to listen to it and not get bored or confused? or would you jsut blindly except it as the "norm" as for static, you will soon find out it will become boreing and tireing. :D

Converts don't convert into punjabi culture... we convert into sikhi way of life. We can use any language to talk to god, as he is creator of all things and understand everything.

I personally ask you PSK, if you can somehow refute that statement? find a Guru granth sahib ji quote while your at it too.

You jokes is funny... not all cars have 4 speeds and smae use, and i would demand signs in other languages for other nationalities.... of course, that would require a little extra work and not learning your style. rolleyes.gif

well well well...

hmm..

did i say in any of my posts to change it? no i didn't, you are puting those words in my mouth.

we didnt put any words in your mouth. no, you didnt say "change it"

but that was your idea. rolleyes.gif obviously youre gonna change it if its not gonna be the same.

lol..

opposite of same= diff

diff= something with a change in it

so tell me...you STILL think its not "changing it"??

oh and umm...you said we were puttin words into YOUR mouth.. well

have a look at what YOU said:

people who are afraid to allow anyone else with different learnign style to get invlolved with sikhi. Heck, even converts like PSK have been thought to believe that thair own language and culture is something to be ashamed of. And if anyone tries to learn differently, we are called anti-panthic or similar.

now you tell me... did anyone say that someone is afraid to allow anyone else with a diff learning style to get involved with sikhi???

seems like youre jumping to conclusions jio... converts like PSK veer ji arent afraid of his lango and/or culture...HE JUST PREFERS SIKHI OVER WHAT HE PRACTISED IN THE PAST...do you have a problem with that jio?? rolleyes.gif

did anyone call you anti-panthic??? i think youre putting the words into people's mouths init.

interesting

seems like YOU put words into people's mouths now.. rolleyes.gif

Who change anything, PSK, KG1... did i say in any of my posts to change it? no i didn't, you are puting those words in my mouth. And PSK, i challenge you to listen to any other language other than punjabi/english and tell me what you hear - can you understnad it? Would you be able to listen to it and not get bored or confused? or would you jsut blindly except it as the "norm" as for static, you will soon find out it will become boreing and tireing. :@

a challange eh...

lol...you sometimes just crack me up...

if anyone really had the love for learning something, there would be nothing in the persons way of gaining knowledge about it.

you veer ji...are trying to take the "easy" route.

but the easy route aint always the best route.

i dont know a lot of Punjabi...

but i still try undestanding Gurmukhi

Gurbaani should be read the way it was sent from above. pray.gif you cant change it. if you were trying to explain it so that people can understand it, you have to read a Bhangtee, and then rephrase it so that it will be understood.

thats why theres a thing called "Santhiya" jio. rolleyes.gif

give it a try.

peace...

GurFateh.

Guest peacemaker

Lol... 400 years of religious inbreeding and thsi is what we get.. people who are afraid to allow anyone else with different learnign style to get invlolved with sikhi. Heck, even converts like PSK have been thought to believe that thair own language and culture is something to be ashamed of. And if anyone tries to learn differently, we are called anti-panthic or similar.

Who change anything, PSK, KG1... did i say in any of my posts to change it? no i didn't, you are puting those words in my mouth. And PSK, i challenge you to listen to any other language other than punjabi/english and tell me what you hear - can you understnad it? Would you be able to listen to it and not get bored or confused? or would you jsut blindly except it as the "norm" as for static, you will soon find out it will become boreing and tireing. :D

Converts don't convert into punjabi culture... we convert into sikhi way of life. We can use any language to talk to god, as he is creator of all things and understand everything.

I personally ask you PSK, if you can somehow refute that statement? find a Guru granth sahib ji quote while your at it too.

You jokes is funny... not all cars have 4 speeds and smae use, and i would demand signs in other languages for other nationalities.... of course, that would require a little extra work and not learning your style. rolleyes.gif

:@

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Lol...

400 years of religious inbreeding and thsi is what we get..

Whoa now you start to talk down to the whole of Sikhi. You should be carefull if you are calling yourself a Sikh. Comments like that only throw your wasteful mind back over the fence. You should just go be a hindu and then your comments wont be so suprizing:lol:

Heck, even converts like PSK have been thought to believe that thair own language and culture is something to be ashamed of

Im not ashamed of my language ever. I speak english as my language I use everyday for social purposes.

I speak the Naad of Gurbani when I recite from a Gutka. I dont however do what you do and walk into a chinese restraunt and tell them not to speak one word in their language because you dont understand it. So you tell them dont say chow mein, you say call it fried noodles.

Who change anything, PSK, KG1... did i say in any of my posts to change it?

You say you want to be able to read everything in English, and probably have an all English Sangat with no naad etc. I dont know what level scholar you need to tell you that in doing this you are changing things.

PSK, i challenge you to listen to any other language other than punjabi/english and tell me what you hear - can you understnad it? Would you be able to listen to it and not get bored or confused? or would you jsut blindly except it as the "norm" as for static, you will soon find out it will become boreing and tireing. :D

K this one is funny. rolleyes.gif I speak English some spanish I used to speak Russian {but over the years am very rusty due to learning another language and focusing more on it than Russian} my Grandma speaks Samoan, and when Im around Punjabis I ask them to speak in Punjabi unless they are speaking anything to do with me so they dont feel they have to speak in my language when the majority of them speak another language than I do. I ask them so I can tune my ears in more to the language and has been working really good as I do with all the other languages I hear. So I obviously hear other languages other than the one I use. Do I tell them they must learn mine???? Or do I try to halfway learn theirs so when they learn English I can speak halfway with them in both sorta??? You only wanna hear or learn English thats not my problem but yours.

Converts don't convert into punjabi culture... we convert into sikhi way of life.

For one I think its funny how you feel you are the spokesman for Sikh converts. I dont care whats in Punjabi culture I only follow the Guru. How the Guru appeared, Itry to appear, What the Guru said I follow and try to also sound off. Like a fire alarm the Gurus Naad is warning you that you are in the fire of worldly attachment and as you wouldnt ignore a fire alarm warning about a fire in the house, you also shouldnt ignore the Gurus word.

What statement? You werent specific enough on this sentence.

You jokes is funny... not all cars have 4 speeds and smae use, and i would demand signs in other languages for other nationalities.... of course, that would require a little extra work and not learning your style.
rolleyes.gif

Alright this means it was a metaphor, but what Im trying to let you know is, you should put effort in and reap the fruits. Plant your mind in the study of Gurbani and over time it will start to sound familiar enough for you to base your mind on as a foundation. We dont want to put a rat to sell cheese so dont cheat yourself and learn with full attention.

post-5391-1154979635.jpg

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

lionchild, i dont noe if u speak another language, but have u ever tried to translate it into english? or any other language for that matter?? it loses all of its meaning, gurbani is so beautiful, even tho i cant fully understand it, i feel disappointed sumtimes that i am missing out on so much...i will take santhiya once im finished school and i think u shud do the same...but i dont blame u for ur ignorance....why wud u yearn for something u've never experienced??

this is the Word of the Guru, it is thurkee bani , straight from God , where else can u find something so precious??why wouldnt u wana recite something straight from God?? to tell u the truth this isnt even punjabi so we have a really hard time understanding it too, so it takes effort, more for some than others, this is the language of God, and only a few blessed souls will ever get the anand of fully understanding it, take the oppurtunity u are given and do try to recite it properly, u will get so much more from it