Swami Ramdev Given Vip Status In Uk Gurughar

sewa1111

Sat Sri Akaal to all.

I think this is getting a bit out of hand.

Seems there are people, who are adding their own special blend of mirch-masala to the proceedings and coming up with their own screeming headlines. (http://www.sikh-history.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002039)

I've read the article. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Although critical of the gurdwareh involved, it is not stating any hard fact-based link to them and the RSS.

Perhaps a little bit of level-headedness is required. Otherwise people who have their own prejudices will add 2+2 and come up with 265478910.2536576215225.1.

The result? Slander of a Gurdwara and the GNNSJ. It has lots of people waiting for it to make a mistake, so all it's good deeds can be swept under the carpet with no argument from anyone else?

Is that what we really want?

Just my two cents, of course if you wish to allow others to tell you that a gurdwara (any gurdwara) is bad, based on 'someone said so....' well I guess that's up to you.

BTW the article stated that the sangat had warned the gurdwara not to go ahead with this programme. Can anyone confirm, who did they speak to and what was the response given?

Thanks

AAA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

swami_ramdev.jpg

I can't believe these stupid ppl touching the feet of DEHDHARI PAKHANDIS. Many ppl never learn/understand what DASHMESH GURU JI told us and we repeat in every ARDAAS, "Sabh Sikhan Ko HUKUM hai, Guru Manyoe Granth. Guru Granth Ji Manyoe, Pragat Guraan ki Deh."

WTTTFFF??? OK WHO THA HELL INVITED THIS GUY AND WHY??? WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS THESE KINDS OF PROBLEMS IN THE UK??? DID ANYBODY NOE WHETHER THIS GUY WAS COMING HERE IN THE 1ST PLACE???ok i shud calm down...if we werent aware of the problem and possible ties b4 then we are now, plz whoever lives in the area around the gurdwara discuss this w/ the gurdwara committee...these rss f#gs are even taking over our gurdwaras over here??? wut up with that??? we need to get more info on him and the sangat of that area needs to express their concerns to the Gurdwara...

I have seen a picture in this weeks Des Pardes showing Ramdev sitting with Mohinder Singh of GNNSJ and Jathedar Vedanti. I cannot believe that they are giving this Arya Samaj/RSS person their support. Have they asked why Dayanand Arya Samaj's leader insulted the Sikh Gurus?

he looks like one of those bibia at the gurdwara whos chuni always slides off there head :TH: rockon.gifnonono.gifbag.gif maybe a bag on his head would work better

]

lol LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif bibi...lol LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Please see below, recieved from GNNSJ. It answers some of the concerns raised here and on some other sites. In particular, I would like to draw attention to the amazing seva being done at present . Also please note that the gurdwara did NOT charge people for the event and more importantly did NOT pay Swami Ramdev for his appearance. Lays rest the ludricous statements being made about him being paid a £20,000 fee by the gurdwara! Lastly, that he paid respect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the photos from which miraculously seemed to have been missed by the quoted news article. Thanks. AAA :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that you required some information about Swami Ramdev Ji’s

visit to Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK. Bhai Sahib

Mohinder Singh is abroad at present – I hope the information below will

provide the clarification you were seeking.

Kindest regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK, was honoured to receive

Swami Ramdev Ji to their complex on 26 July 2006. Swami Ji is an

exponent

of the Science of Yog and the Ayurvedic system of healing. He has

become

famous the world over, and is greatly sought after for his expertise in

giving holistic solutions to thousands of people crippled with many

types of

illness and disease.

This visit was part of the new Nishkam Civic Association’s (NCA’s)

‘Holistic

Living and Well-being’ centre initiative. Of course NCA is part of

GNNSJ’s

five centres of Excellence – namely: the Gurdwara, a centre of

Spiritual

Excellence; MSS Manufacturers Ltd, a community cooperative with a faith

dimension; Guru Nanak Nishkam Education Trust, a centre of educational

excellence; Nishkam Civic Association, a civic centre with a faith

dimension; and the envisaged centre for the Aged.

NCA’s role is to facilitate the engagement of the local community with

the

civic guiding institutions, whilst improving the lot of the community

in the

fields of health and lifelong learning.

The event took place on the basis of Nishkaamta (selfless service –

GNNSJ’s

guiding principle). No admission fees were being charged, and the

event was

organised in order to bring about awareness about the ancient Yog

science

techniques, and to better people’s health. Not a penny was paid to

Swami

Ji.

He first paid respects at the Guru Darbar and was taken on a tour of

the

Gurdwara complex before visiting Marg Sat Santokh Manufacturers Ltd,

which

is a community cooperative manufacturing joinery, and serving as

builders’

merchants. After this he visited the Nishkam Civic Association, and

its

‘Centre for Well-Being’ devoted to: ‘tandrusti’ and ‘shaanti’; Yog; and

complementary therapies. The presence of Singh Sahib Jathedar Joginder

Singh Ji Vedanti, Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat was a privilege and

honour.

Swami Ramdev Ji’s visit was a ‘breath of fresh air’ because it showed

that

an oriental tradition, thousands of years old, had been revived to help

ailing humanity, it also helps to avert addictions to alcoholism and

drugs

through simple breathing exercises and the pressing of pressure points.

The

knowledge is of immense help to all - it is a call to support physical

and

mental health. Swami Ji strongly advocates community cohesion and

respect

for all faiths.

i thought i should see a single program of this red chunni wale uncle so i saw that today. i was so wrong about him cause he said nothing about hinduism. whole time he was taking about our social and health problems. he was strongly opposing the usage of fast food and soft drinks. so i personally thought that whats the prob in taking advantage out of anything grin.gif if that two breathing exercises can make a person fit then why not trying it. im tired of wearing glasses, skin prob and tonsils. im quite serious here. if my glasses and tonsils get off with only breathing exc. ima say 'Thanks' to him personally.

Please see below, recieved from GNNSJ. It answers some of the concerns raised here and on some other sites. In particular, I would like to draw attention to the amazing seva being done at present . Also please note that the gurdwara did NOT charge people for the event and more importantly did NOT pay Swami Ramdev for his appearance. Lays rest the ludricous statements being made about him being paid a £20,000 fee by the gurdwara! Lastly, that he paid respect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the photos from which miraculously seemed to have been missed by the quoted news article. Thanks. AAA :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that you required some information about Swami Ramdev Ji’s

visit to Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK. Bhai Sahib

Mohinder Singh is abroad at present – I hope the information below will

provide the clarification you were seeking.

Kindest regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK, was honoured to receive

Swami Ramdev Ji to their complex on 26 July 2006. Swami Ji is an

exponent

of the Science of Yog and the Ayurvedic system of healing. He has

become

famous the world over, and is greatly sought after for his expertise in

giving holistic solutions to thousands of people crippled with many

types of

illness and disease.

This visit was part of the new Nishkam Civic Association’s (NCA’s)

‘Holistic

Living and Well-being’ centre initiative. Of course NCA is part of

GNNSJ’s

five centres of Excellence – namely: the Gurdwara, a centre of

Spiritual

Excellence; MSS Manufacturers Ltd, a community cooperative with a faith

dimension; Guru Nanak Nishkam Education Trust, a centre of educational

excellence; Nishkam Civic Association, a civic centre with a faith

dimension; and the envisaged centre for the Aged.

NCA’s role is to facilitate the engagement of the local community with

the

civic guiding institutions, whilst improving the lot of the community

in the

fields of health and lifelong learning.

The event took place on the basis of Nishkaamta (selfless service –

GNNSJ’s

guiding principle). No admission fees were being charged, and the

event was

organised in order to bring about awareness about the ancient Yog

science

techniques, and to better people’s health. Not a penny was paid to

Swami

Ji.

He first paid respects at the Guru Darbar and was taken on a tour of

the

Gurdwara complex before visiting Marg Sat Santokh Manufacturers Ltd,

which

is a community cooperative manufacturing joinery, and serving as

builders’

merchants. After this he visited the Nishkam Civic Association, and

its

‘Centre for Well-Being’ devoted to: ‘tandrusti’ and ‘shaanti’; Yog; and

complementary therapies. The presence of Singh Sahib Jathedar Joginder

Singh Ji Vedanti, Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat was a privilege and

honour.

Swami Ramdev Ji’s visit was a ‘breath of fresh air’ because it showed

that

an oriental tradition, thousands of years old, had been revived to help

ailing humanity, it also helps to avert addictions to alcoholism and

drugs

through simple breathing exercises and the pressing of pressure points.

The

knowledge is of immense help to all - it is a call to support physical

and

mental health. Swami Ji strongly advocates community cohesion and

respect

for all faiths.

I am sorry to say this by GNNSJ are jokers. They cant release statements about issues of beadbi of Sikhi or Guru Maharaj or support to stop the use of alcohol & meat in Gurdwaras but ready to support and justify a Swami and his teaching of ancient techiques LOL!

Guruji please bless us with leaders not lost followers.....

I remember another great statement from GNNSJ released when Singh & Singhias stood up against Extremist Group Al-Maujaroun who open disrespected Guruji & wanted to convert Sikhs in Trafalgar Square! If it was for those who stood up that day then that extremist group would not have been banned by the Govt.

But GNNSJ thought they could order the Sikh Community to do nothing about these people!

Dear All,

On the 3rd January 2000, at the Palace of Westminster on the Historic Event of the "Act of Reflection and Commitment", the multi-faith gathering at the Royal Gallery brought together leaders of the UK's major faith communities to make a Pledge at the advent of the 21st Century, to work together to promote the values they share such as; care, compassion, justice, peace and respect for one another. The faith leaders are expected to ensure that this pledge is implemented. The commitment is as follows:

“We commit ourselves as people of many faiths, to work together for the common good, uniting to build a better society, grounded in the values and ideals we share community, personal integrity, a sense of right and wrong, learning, wisdom, love and truth, care and compassion, justice and peace, respect for one another, for the earth and its creatures.

We commit ourselves, in a spirit of friendship and co-operation, to work together alongside all who share our values and ideals, to help bring about a better world now and for generations to come.”

The proposed Rally by the Al-Muhajiroun is not in keeping with the spirit of this Pledge. This Islamic Rally is all about Conversion. There may be a strong tradition in certain sections of the Muslim community to convert others to their faith in a consorted and systematic manner. This is also in parallel with the Christian evangelistic activities in certain sectors of the Church. However, Sikhs in their 500 years of history have defended and respected the freedom of religious belief of others, even at the cost of their own lives.

The All Mighty Lord can be conceived to decide in what religion a person is born- all within His grand will. Conversion, therefore, is flouting the Divine Law and is not conducive to peace whether individually, in the family, in the community, nationally, internationally or globally. Moreover for one religion to denounce another is not in keeping with the above Pledge. It is incumbent on Faith and Political leaders to unambiguously uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights specifically in relation to an individual's freedom of worship, dignity and honour. Freedom of speech and expression shouldn't be used as an excuse and license to hurl abuse at others.

We have approached Faith Leaders / Faith Organisations and Statutory Authorities in this connection. The Lord Mayor's Office has declared that the proposed Rally is not authorised and that the Police will take appropriate action in the event the Rally is held. We should let the Law take its course.

We, most humbly request Sikhs to refrain from attending this unauthorised Rally and thereby starve it of it's 'oxygen'. The Hindu community has advised its members to do the same.

With Warmest Regards and Peace,

S.S. Mandla

On Behalf of Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh

Spiritual Successor and Chairman of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK

My advise to GNNSJ : Keep you statements in your pocket!