Reincarnated As Rocks And Plants?

I think the real question the starter of this thread is asking is, do Sikhs believe that everything such as stones, rocks and trees have souls.

This is a difficult question to answer and I am prolly not correct, so here is my opinion:

I think in the Japji Sahib it says that God, his creation and his actions are unrecordable. They cannot be described nor explained. It also says that only fools try to explain such things. Also the state of the person who is in God's love cannot be explained.

All this said, it turns out that we cannot understand how this world around us works. We can only percieve it from our senses and try to make conclusions. Thus, we cannot prove or try to disprove some of the things that are described in the Guru Granth Sahib.

If you follow the Guru's words you will realize that even though much of God's power is undescribable, if you put your trust in him, you will begin to UNDERSTAND his power and his Greatness.

So in order to begin to understand what the Guru Granth Sahib tries to teach us, we must first admit to ourselves that we are idiots. We should put MORE trust in the Guru Granth Sahib's teachings then anything else.

In my opinion, I dont think this section is trying to teach us about how the spirit world works. It is merely using it as an example to describe something else.

So in conclusion:

If the Guru Granth Sahib says: rocks have souls. It MUST be.

Do we care that rocks have souls? Probably not. But we do care that our human life is unique and is VERY RARE. So we should take advantage of what makes this life soo rare, the ability to merge with God.

Its very true, if you do a search on the forum daas posted a topic about scientific discovery that shows some evidence of life evolving from rocks, we read everyday "sail pathar meh jant upaaye taa kaa rijak aagae kar dhareya".

what do we type into the 'search thingy'?? :)wacko.gif