Coming Or Going?

Guest Unsure

Guest Unsure

Lately, I'm not sure if I'm coming towards or going away from Sikhi.

I use to have sangat but they made me feel guilty for things I didn't even do, always accuzing me. They made me loose my confidence completely and I always left feeling horrible about myself and in general. I wouldn't be able to concentrate in anything, specially paath, and would just keep thinking about whatever conflict ocured and what they said to me and how they hurt me. Before this started, I used to do lots of paath, but then with increasing conflict in the sangat, my paath declined because I couldn't concentrate and always felt depressed and stuff about what was going on.

Since leaving sangat, I feel like my spirituality is soaring much higher than ever before and I got some weird spiritual things happening now (not bragging...thsi is gupt so you don't even know who I am anyway...but I'm just trying to show that I seem to be doing much better spiritually). My rehat, amritvela, paath, everything spiritual, PLUS even worldly social and family stuff is going good for me now.

But is this some kind of trick of maya by making me think I'm good without sangat? Or can I really be okay without Sangat? I know sanagt is important....I have sangat of my family and friends but I mean I don't go to gurdwara regularly now.

Can knowledgeable people give serious responses plz.

Why do you think that it is maya or your Ego that is giving you this suggestion of you are good without Sangat? Where will you go without your Sangat?

The mere fact that you considered this influnce to be arriving from Maya and not your inner voice, tell me perhaps you should stick with what you have going on. Trust your intuition.

I suggest you Sincerely pray for guidence and let the one who put you on this path guide you.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sangat is relative... there are good sangats and bad sangats. It seems that you were stuck with "bad" sangat, and when you left, you freed yourself.

It is always important to have good sangat with you some of the time, because there are always things that (spiritually) you can improve on and like anything in life there are those better than you, and those worse than you.

If you found the old sangat as insatisfactory, look around for sangat elsewhere. Congratulations, and good luck!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!