Indian Call Centres Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhh

Balait_da_Sher

In total i got 4 calls today from the same company, that kuri called straight after i hung up on her.

I hung up on this kuri from india and she rang me back saying "AtLeast you can talk properly" i was llike "If you were getting 20 calls / week from call centres all in india would u talk properly, and i hung up"

Then 3rd call i got from some guy called manjoor, i didnt let him speak and told him that i was not interested in anything he had to sell and would appreciate if they dont call me again. I hung up. After 3 hours guess wat ohmy.gif same guy rang me. I think these guys have people's number listed on a piece of paper cos their system should atleast tell them who they have called already or not, sheesh.

So he rang me and i said which company are you from?

He gave me his company name.

I asked him for the company website.

So he gave me the company website.

I then said do you realise that you foned me few hours ago and i asked you not to ring me. This is the 4th call from your company and i am really getting <Edited> off. I have your company details and i will be making a formal compaint to the Trading standards agency and watchdog in uk.

So after that i just hung up. If they ring me again i am going to complain to the authorities.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad asks for more information... and the dude will start talking..my dad 'll put him on speakerphone.. go do some housework for the next 5 or 6 minutes while the dude's selling..he'll come back..say "that sounds good..what else do you offer"...go around..do some more work.... after about 2 or 3 rounds of this (i.e almost a half hour later), he'll say "thanks but no thanks"..

this will unleash a whole new spiel from the guy on the phone... he'll go on his own for another few minutes, meanwhile my dad'll be like..makin roti or somethin hahah... every now and again saying "uh huh..mmhmm"...

or he'll get me to stand in once in a while cuz we sound alike on the phone...

eventually, it'll be about 40 minutes later and my dad'll be like sorry not interested, we already have all these services for lower rates. have a good night.

dudes rarely call us now cuz we waste all their damn time... they cna't make any money if they call us cuz we'll egg em on.

once this guy called me trying to sell high speed internet...i didn't tell him i wasnt the "head of the house"..jus played along...

so hes like do you have internet at home?

im like "no our family is against the internet"...

he's like, well it's a necessity in life and i

'm like "is it? i seem to be breathing just fine without it"....

he goes "so you dno't even have dialup at home?"

and i'm like "get with the times budd, of course i have dialup, EVERYONE at LEAST as dialup"..

and he's like "how much do you pay" and i'm like "that's confidential information, i do not wish to comply"

he's like "no sir it's just for the purpose of offering you a better rate. I guarantee i'll offer you a better rate for your dialup."

i'm like aright, well i pay two-ninety-five'

and he's like "TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE DOLLARS?!??!" (at this point he can smell blood and he's ready to go in for thekill)

i say "oh lord no..2 dollars, 95 cents!!" (there's actually a service here in ottawa that provides that)

and he's like that's impossible,

and i'm like, well i pay the bills, so i can guarantee you that it's not impossible...and i keep my guarantees!

so it goes on and he tries selling me highspeed now that he's lost the dialup battle. and i'm like no if i need it i just go to school, i live next door to my university (i live a 50 minute bus ride away).

he's like it's very important to have high speed at home... especially in the future itll be increasinly important

i'm like, aright, well i'll get it in the future, if it's gonna be that necessary

and he's like "but this deal might not be around in the future"

(and i'm getting close to laughing in this guy's face on the phone cuz of what i ended up saying next: )

i'm like "listen man, if i'm not bleeding today, why would i buy a bandage today if i'm not bleeding today. if i need a bandage , i'll buy a bandage. What am i going to do with a bandage on me today if i'm not bleeding"

i started laughing cuz my mom and sister heard this whole convo, they started laughing and i couldn't hold it in...

then i hung up ON the guy...

felt a lil bad...but felt very creative...was a good phonecal....actually, now i'm kinda looking forward to the next one!

balait, you've given me inspiration my friend.

HAHAHAHAHAAA!! Japmans kills it, that sumthing silly that we wud do at home haha, the trouble is, they dont take no for an answer. i cant say oh im not interested cuz they fone bak using different names lol, i no its creul and u do feel bad after, but its the only way they get the message grin.gif

hahhhhahahaha that movie was jokes as was all the replies!! LOL.gif

loooool i get this indian dude trying to sell me children's books i'm like dude i got no kids!!! so he phones again yesterday asking for me and i'm like i told you last weeeeek still i ain't got no kids!!!!! :@ @ :)

one time these BT people rang and they're like do you want an extra line and i'm like naw we already got 3 washing lines in the garden (like to hang your clothes on) 3 is more than enough and they were like no phonelines and i was like phone line yes i am on the phone line hahahaha if you put a desi accent to it they soon give up!!

people from the indian call centres are crazyyyyy this one dude was like can you speak hindi i was like no and he goes how about Punjabi i'm like yeah so he's like "kinneh Sikh rehndeh hau England vich, tusi kadi India aaiye hauh?" loooooooooool :@ i was like oh my dayssss if you're gonna call at least do your job buddy!!

ooo the funniest one was when i was calling for car insurance and there was like a guy called Chris on the line and he recognised i was a Sikh from my name and he goes i will lower the £ if you can name the 10 Guru's in order hahahha bless him :TH:

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

HEHEHE An indian guy was trying 2 sell me a new phone contract, he goes have u got a contract i go yeh, and he went on and on, tellin me about his contract deal..... i was listening and i go that aint no deal its crap, he goes sir its a good deal, i go no it isnt, ill show u a good deal, he went silent, and i go here it is.....and put the fone down, i aint had a fone call since!loool!

MUPPETS HEY!

im gonna create a campaign about it!!!!!!

WWW.STOP-IDIOTS-FONING.COM

hehhehehehe

VJKK VJKF!

:umm: Yeah, those call centres can get annoying. What I used to do before they stopped calling me is, everytime they would call, they would start talking about their product, and then I would just simply hang up on them about 50 seconds after they start talking, they would call back and say "Sorry sir, I think it got disconnected." With that I reply "You don't have to be sorry, it got disconnected because I made it disconnected kinda like this - HANG UP."

I know they are doing their job, but just like metioned before NO is not an option for them. Well guess what YES is not an option for me either. :e:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.