Bollywood Picking On A Sikh Theme, Again!

lakhvir

Peacemaker - I am not making fun of you. I can only write from my own perspective

I am not here to casue trouble but have found on your site many many references to Hindus and many misconceptions - I am here, if you are prepared to debate the truth of some of these perceptions

Mabye you are right - I am ready to learn

I have found many Sikhs to be self proclaimed experts on Hinduism in a very neagative way

The only reason why I think you're here to cause trouble is because you are spelling Guru Gobind Singh ji's name wrong after I already told you once before the correct way to spell guru sahib's name. However, ok, what "misconceptions" are you talking about?

If I went on a hindu site and kept spelling Ganesh's name wrong, would you be upset after you told me the correct way to spell it? grin.gif

Grow up guys.

Whats it really matter. Do a search in google and you will find some people do spell it as Guru Govind Singh Ji (I have also seen it spelt like that in some old history books). In some old books Singh is spelt Seng and in Anglo Sikh treaties it is spelt as Seng. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji is sometimes spelt Guru Tegh Bahadar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh is spelt Maharaja Rhunjeet Seng in some books.

You do not have a monopoly over such spelling or the right to tell others that your spelling is 100% correct.

Grow up yourself. He also didn't put Singh in guru sahib's name either. Look, don't give me a history lesson, ok? I really don't need one right now. The point is we all know why bahman joined this site and it's not to learn about sikhism, but to put us down. You called out the wrong guy, anyways. rolleyes.gif

The person who was so concerned about the name made an issue over the V used by bahman instead of B !

Not much wrong in what else bahman wrote.

I forgot you do not want a history lesson as you are self rightous and know everything. The Marathas were giving the Mughals a thrashing. Mahadji Scindhia took maratha military power to new heights and bahman is right that Ragunath Rao gave the Afghans a bloody nose (for which they later paid when the weak Sadashiv Bhau lost to Abdali). The Jats under Suraj Mal were also giving the mughals a good fight. The Rajputs of Rajasthan were lackies of the Mughals and did not do much.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peacemaker - I am not making fun of you. I can only write from my own perspective

I am not here to casue trouble but have found on your site many many references to Hindus and many misconceptions - I am here, if you are prepared to debate the truth of some of these perceptions

I have found many Sikhs to be self proclaimed experts on Hinduism in a very neagative way

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Nice to have you on the site Bahman ji! - Is it true the real hindus do not worship idols?

The only reason why I think you're here to cause trouble is because you are spelling Guru Gobind Singh ji's name wrong after I already told you once before the correct way to spell guru sahib's name. However, ok, what "misconceptions" are you talking about?

If I went on a hindu site and kept spelling Ganesh's name wrong, would you be upset after you told me the correct way to spell it? grin.gif

Grow up guys.

Whats it really matter. Do a search in google and you will find some people do spell it as Guru Govind Singh Ji (I have also seen it spelt like that in some old history books). In some old books Singh is spelt Seng and in Anglo Sikh treaties it is spelt as Seng. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji is sometimes spelt Guru Tegh Bahadar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh is spelt Maharaja Rhunjeet Seng in some books.

You do not have a monopoly over such spelling or the right to tell others that your spelling is 100% correct.

Grow up yourself. He also didn't put Singh in guru sahib's name either. Look, don't give me a history lesson, ok? I really don't need one right now. The point is we all know why bahman joined this site and it's not to learn about sikhism, but to put us down. You called out the wrong guy, anyways. rolleyes.gif

The person who was so concerned about the name made an issue over the V used by bahman instead of B !

I forgot you do not want a history lesson as you are self rightous and know everything. The Marathas were giving the Mughals a thrashing. Mahadji Scindhia took maratha military power to new heights and bahman is right that Ragunath Rao gave the Afghans a bloody nose (for which they later paid when the weak Sadashiv Bhau lost to Abdali). The Jats under Suraj Mal were also giving the mughals a good fight. The Rajputs of Rajasthan were lackies of the Mughals and did not do much.

LOL You just can't help yourself hunnah kurtas, all this sarcasm. You make my day dude!

Pakandi Baba

as I have read and understand Hinduism it does not give promote or deny the validity of what you call idol worship

The Upanishands speak of the supreme reality which represents the essential unity of God which can be attained through the personal expereiences of all living beings

Hence idol worship in its own right may lead a person to fulfullment in his own experiences

Ramakrishna Parmhans the guru of Vivekananda beleived that a person can take any spiritual path , eg Murti Puja, meditation on the supreme lord, Islam, Christianity etc and acheive mukti

apart from that dharmic thought has undergone constant evoluation and adaptation through the ages. the Vedas as I understand talk of the Vedas themselves being endless - much gyan of liberated minds came before them and certainly after them and are continuning to this day

That I beleive is the essential difference in what people mockingly call polytheism and monotheism - its not really about one god and many gods

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Nice to have you on the site Bahman ji! - Is it true the real hindus do not worship idols?

Grow up guys.

LOL You just can't help yourself hunnah kurtas, all this sarcasm. You make my day dude!

Veer Ji no sacarsm.

I fail to see what quibbling over whether it should be a V or B will achieve (there I go now I am also embroiled in quibbling over whether it should be V or B, Singh or Seng, Bahadar, Bahadur or Bahadhur, Ambala or Umbala, Jalandhar, Jallandhar, Jallandur, Jalandhur or Jullundhur, Pehowe or Bheve, Punjab or Panjab, Rhunjeet or Ranjit, Guru or Guroo, Maharaja or Maharajah, Nawab or Nawaab, Raghunath or Ragoonath, Nana Padnavis or Nana Phadnavis (incidently Nana Padnavis the bahman who is feted as a great maratha was their equivalent of a Longowal, a power hungry coward who ran in his dhoti to save himself in the third battle of Panipat in 1761, he also did his upmost to curtail the rise of Mahadji Scindia).

Ah well history lessons over.

peacemaker I am here to debate about the truth

can you handle the truth ?

Sure I can. Please tell me what the "truth" is first.

Kurtas, forget about bahman for a second, but are you in the religion called sikhism? grin.gif

Yes I am a Sikh but whats that got to do with anything in this topic and the fatuous issues raised. Does it negate the fact that some people are making up b/s to make themselves feel superior eg trying to take make out it should be Guru Gobind Singh Ji and not Guru Govind Singh Ji or should it be Guroo Gobind Singh Ji ?

Spelling does not matter. History does matter and without it you guys can not counter anything written my the bahman. Go read up on history and then have a debate, you will then learn about how Nana Padnavis was a complete loser etc etc and how under his guidance the Maratha empire lost its might (rather like the Sikh empire with the dirty Dogra bahmans at the helm).

Guest peacemaker

I asked Bahman to kindly explain what "misconceptions" he was talking about. And then, kurtas, you just came in here and turned it around and put this all on me. It was not meant to be about me this time. I've seen how you act in other threads, so I guess that's your excuse, but I'm asking Bahman again what misconceptions have you found?

Btw, one more time, I don't really care about spellings either, but Guru Gobind Singh or Guru Govind Singh should always have the "Singh" or "Seng" attached to guru sahib's name.

I asked Bahman to kindly explain what "misconceptions" he was talking about. And then, kurtas, you just came in here and turned it around and put this all on me. It was not meant to be about me this time. I've seen how you act in other threads, so I guess that's your excuse, but I'm asking Bahman again what misconceptions have you found?

Btw, one more time, I don't really care about spellings either, but Guru Gobind Singh or Guru Govind Singh should always have the "Singh" or "Seng" attached to guru sahib's name.

Peacemaker

firstly I did not make an issue that you said Ganesh instead of Shri Ganesh because it is a non issue

some misconceptions we have already talked about like

ONLY the Sikhs did something in history - the Hindus did NOTHING - which is a falsehood we have talked a bit about this

the other one is about what Kurtas just said -

'dirty Dogra bahmans'

the Dogras were Rajputs from the hill areas who rose through their connection with Ranjit Singh

There were many brahmins who fought for Ranjit Singh like Dewan Mokhan Chand, Moti Ram and Beli Ram and who remained loyal to him and his family

The Dogras were only part of a tragedy that unfolded after the death of Ranjit Singh- remember two of the brothers and sons died in the plotting and counter plotting until Gulab Singh utilised his machiavellian agenda

but is is also interesting to note that a largre percentage of Sikh leaders of the cis Sutlej region supported the British to fight against the Khalsa army. Before that they were under the indirect guidance of the marathas udner the treaty of 1785. And did not Ala Singh of Patiala receive the 'tika' of Maharajah from Ahmed Shah Abdali.

They also supplied troops in the Anglo Sikhs wars

but all we hear about is the evil Dogra brothers or the 'bhaiya bahmans' from UP in the British army

whats the common link - thats right they were all Hindus

'Jack Nicholson is that you??

almost - its Jag Nicel-Sen of the Nikalsaini faqirs