Bollywood Picking On A Sikh Theme, Again!

lakhvir

Guest peacemaker

Peacemaker

as you can guess I am a Hindu - and I am talking about my perspective in which I refer to Guru Govind according to my my own perspective - unless you are applying the Taliban perspective

In any event I have seen far worse disrespcet to Hindu Devi Devtas from many online Sikhs

Spell his name correctly! :) Don't make fun of us! :@ I have no problems with hindus, just ones like you who come onto our turf just to start trouble! :@

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peacemaker - I am not making fun of you. I can only write from my own perspective

I am not here to casue trouble but have found on your site many many references to Hindus and many misconceptions - I am here, if you are prepared to debate the truth of some of these perceptions

Mabye you are right - I am ready to learn

I have found many Sikhs to be self proclaimed experts on Hinduism in a very neagative way

Guest peacemaker

Peacemaker - I am not making fun of you. I can only write from my own perspective

I am not here to casue trouble but have found on your site many many references to Hindus and many misconceptions - I am here, if you are prepared to debate the truth of some of these perceptions

I have found many Sikhs to be self proclaimed experts on Hinduism in a very neagative way

The only reason why I think you're here to cause trouble is because you are spelling Guru Gobind Singh ji's name wrong after I already told you once before the correct way to spell guru sahib's name. However, ok, what "misconceptions" are you talking about?

If I went on a hindu site and kept spelling Ganesh's name wrong, would you be upset after you told me the correct way to spell it? grin.gif

so youre a Hindu, right? :)

The only reason why I think you're here to cause trouble is because you are spelling Guru Gobind Singh ji's name wrong after I already told you once before the correct way to spell guru sahib's name. However, ok, what "misconceptions" are you talking about?

If I went on a hindu site and kept spelling Ganesh's name wrong, would you be upset after you told me the correct way to spell it? grin.gif

Grow up guys.

Whats it really matter. Do a search in google and you will find some people do spell it as Guru Govind Singh Ji (I have also seen it spelt like that in some old history books). In some old books Singh is spelt Seng and in Anglo Sikh treaties it is spelt as Seng. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji is sometimes spelt Guru Tegh Bahadar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh is spelt Maharaja Rhunjeet Seng in some books.

You do not have a monopoly over such spelling or the right to tell others that your spelling is 100% correct.

Guest peacemaker

Grow up guys.

Whats it really matter. Do a search in google and you will find some people do spell it as Guru Govind Singh Ji (I have also seen it spelt like that in some old history books). In some old books Singh is spelt Seng and in Anglo Sikh treaties it is spelt as Seng. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji is sometimes spelt Guru Tegh Bahadar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh is spelt Maharaja Rhunjeet Seng in some books.

You do not have a monopoly over such spelling or the right to tell others that your spelling is 100% correct.

Grow up yourself. He also didn't put Singh in guru sahib's name either. Look, don't give me a history lesson, ok? I really don't need one right now. The point is we all know why bahman joined this site and it's not to learn about sikhism, but to put us down. You called out the wrong guy, anyways. rolleyes.gif

they see sikhs as clowns, jokers and idiots! If it wasnt for sikhism, hinduism would have perished at the hands of the mughals....and today the same sikhs are being mocked and ridiculed by hindus!!!! :<Edited>:

I was watching a program on tv in india a few days ago. it was a comedy program. the actors/ actresses all had cut hair and were hindu. there was a scene where there was a horse in an apartment with a few kids. the horse pis(sed. the piss leaked through the roof of the apartment below and it fell on the face of a singh. then the silly laughing sound came. (the laughing sound in all comedies). this is their amusement. :homer

why dont they show piss falling on a brahmin pandits face. this will never be shown by hindus because pundits are god-like to them :WW: . instead its the sikh clown. its allways the sikh whos the <banned word filter activated> in their tv shows and bollywood. they think we are clowns, well i say this:

sat sri akaal

I saw plenty of Punjabi films in the 1980s where the village brahmin type person was made fun of. They would be mocked and there was usually a speeded up scene of the brahmin or pundit running away from the hero of the film in a comical fashion.

Not seen many Punjabi films of recent times so do not know if the trend has continued.