Obey The Hukumnana.....

rinku_sikh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I roll around all the time and it doesnt bother me. It has a safety so it doesnt come out. You learn to coexist together over time. I wear the same outside as I do when Im sleeping. I also have a heavy Khanda and lightweight Sri Sahib right next to me.

thats like saying oooo i dont feel like doing my nitnem today so i'll skip it. or i dont feel like keeping my kirpan on today..

Can I ask a silly question? Do you wear your kirpan to sleep? If so, could you stab yourself in the middle of the night by accident? blush.gif

LOL...naw that ima laughing at ur question veerji.....buh haha ur question when i read it i jus laughed out loud so hard haha....sowwy man it was funny blush.gif buh yeah um u should always sit on the floor for langar no?.....i always have...and kirpan....yeah i tink wearin a smaller one at night can be easy buh u must wear ur kirpan to sleep....hana? :)

You could always get a Kirpaan the miaan{sheath} of which is dull.

It's really not that hard, from the sound of your question I get the feeling you don't wear yours to sleep - I could be wrong, and I'm sorry if I am - and if this is true, you should try it. It'll be a little strange at first, but you'll get used to it. Soon it'll become a reflex to move it when you turn in your sleep, even.

It's an ang. Just like an arm or a leg. It'll become a part of you before you know it :)

bhullchukmaaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh

p.s. sorry about going off the original topic :@

Guest peacemaker

thats like saying oooo i dont feel like doing my nitnem today so i'll skip it. or i dont feel like keeping my kirpan on today..

Can I ask a silly question? Do you wear your kirpan to sleep? If so, could you stab yourself in the middle of the night by accident? blush.gif

LOL...naw that ima laughing at ur question veerji.....buh haha ur question when i read it i jus laughed out loud so hard haha....sowwy man it was funny blush.gif buh yeah um u should always sit on the floor for langar no?.....i always have...and kirpan....yeah i tink wearin a smaller one at night can be easy buh u must wear ur kirpan to sleep....hana? :@

hahaha bhainji even you laugh at me now! :@ Just kidding! :)LOL.gif

people call me a clock..

i move around in my sleep so much, if someone wants to know the time, they can just come to me room and see how i'm positioned to tell the time haha.

i've never once even REMOTELY had my kirpan even come CLOSE to stabbing me.... i wear it above my tshirt everywhere i go (under a button up shirt, over a t-shirt, not directly on skin), and i never have an issue...i personally find it extremely uncomfortable wearing my kirpan inside...but point being, i've never come close to stabbing myself...your kirpan is independent..if you move alot, chances are the gaatraa's gonna come up around your shoulders and your kirpan will jus sit by your side..even if you move it'll jus chill there cuz you'll probly be wriggling within your gatra..

try it during a nap..like on the weekend, take a nap when your parents/siblings/Significant Other are home (or whatever your living arrangement is)...take a nap for an hour...IF it cuts you, the searing yell will alert the roommates and they can call the meds for you hehe...

but i'mpretty sure nothing will happen.

LOL...naw that ima laughing at ur question veerji.....buh haha ur question when i read it i jus laughed out loud so hard haha....sowwy man it was funny blush.gif buh yeah um u should always sit on the floor for langar no?.....i always have...and kirpan....yeah i tink wearin a smaller one at night can be easy buh u must wear ur kirpan to sleep....hana? :lol:

hahaha bhainji even you laugh at me now! :lol: Just kidding! :)LOL.gif

i said it in a good way :lol: :lol: :@ ...haha japman veerji that was real funny ttooooo(man i tink i ate too much chocolate blush.gif :lol: @ LOL :@ )

lol... Khalsaji i sleep with my 1 feet long kirpan... And i was never stabbed myself in the middle of the night....

lol... Khalsaji i sleep with my 1 feet long kirpan... And i was never stabbed myself in the middle of the night....

I normaly inject my self with stuff that makes me get knocked out straight away, so even if i did stab my self i wont feel it!!! :TH:

Just a question to the sangat regarding the Hukunama from the Akal Takht on removing chairs and table from all langar halls. When Baba Ranjit Singh Ji came to the UK recently, Sedgley St Gurdwara in Wolverhampton moved their langar hall into a tent to accommodate the larger number of sangat attending. The langar was instead moved to a temporary tent. This tent contained only table and chairs for langar? My question is, is it ok to disobey the Hukumnama temporarily for such programmes?

Going back to the original Q...

If EVERYONE is sittin on chairs its ok, but if theres some on the floor and some on charis, you shud opt to sit on the floor.

Its about being on the same level as everyone else... No one being higher than each other!

Its about being on the same level as everyone else... No one being higher than each other!
so then we can put chairs for people to sit in the darbar too rite? grin.gifgrin.gif i mean if all are sitting on chairs then it shouldn't matter.....as long as guruji is at the highest place. rite? grin.gif