Sikh Student Camp Update

Charan Singh

Veer with all due respect it is not easy for any girl to come forward, as our community is such that people will not want to marry her. It is a sad but true fact.

Then this needs to change maybe you should look in to this what causes this disease and then look for its roots, then finish it, destroy it.

What are you exactly implying? What are the roots to a problem of harassment? Is the root of the problem the perpetrator or the weakness of the victim? Think about it how easily will your own sister come out!

message from a camper who is there specifically this year to make sure nothing was "anti-gurmat" so to speak as alleged in previous years camps

the camp is really really wicked, everything is going really well and there are some beautiful people here

Glad to hear this. I think I know who the camper is who is present to ensure nothing "anti-gurmat" happens! shhh.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veer with all due respect it is not easy for any girl to come forward, as our community is such that people will not want to marry her. It is a sad but true fact.

Then this needs to change maybe you should look in to this what causes this disease and then look for its roots, then finish it, destroy it.

You want to change the Punjabi community and its thinking? Good idea. But it still does not paper over the mistakes made by people at the sikh student camp. I hope they were all banned and it is a better camp this year without them.

Guest Dancing Warrior

What are you exactly implying? What are the roots to a problem of harassment? Is the root of the problem the perpetrator or the weakness of the victim? Think about it how easily will your own sister come out!

If it had been my sister, she would have dealt with it. You may think that’s easy for me to say, true it is. But I base this on the fact that our father brought us up as equals physically, mentally we were versed in the same training, no difference in discipline and pain.

This is how we deal with this disease find its cause and destroy it.

Destroy ignorance this is just one of the diseases.

we are so in danger of "militant-fying" the definition of a Sikh.

There are people passionate about teaching others the true Sikh way of life, which i totally agree with. But non-Sikhs will call this something else. Unfortunately, blogs and forums do not help us one bit, although we think it does. Would it not be sooo great for someone to type in the word "sikh" into a search engine and not come accross all this internal bickering? Its just a shame, that for some people, its not a case of "True Sikh teachings come first"... its a case of "OUR camp must come first... and last."

God Bless Us All...

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

The biggest problem is trying to figure out who all the Nangs are. Nangs are a dime a dozen that I see. blah blah blah :umm:

message from a camper who is there specifically this year to make sure nothing was "anti-gurmat" so to speak as alleged in previous years camps

the camp is really really wicked, everything is going really well and there are some beautiful people here

Glad to hear this. I think I know who the camper is who is present to ensure nothing "anti-gurmat" happens! shhh.gif

i think we all know who that chardi kala singh/singhni ji is..

Guest militant singh

man as sum mite knw i hate dese niddar singh and crwe and im 4 anything which is agianst them THEY AINT SIKHS THEY HINDUS in warriors dress .They might as well be <admin-cut> insted of innocent sikh girls who go 2 the camp finking they gna learn about sikhi BUT THEN niddar massive comes and does parchar of thier 'sikhi' and touches them up and say its ok 2 smoke drink yeah why not sikhism allows it go on u kn wu wana get high THESE MANS ARE GONNA GET wacked up when they chat thier <admin-cut> 2 a singh who knws da score with what they do....well c if they can take on babbar khalsa or any other Sikh group they shook cats thats all

Mod note: Please refrain from using profane language as young children also use the forum to learn about what Sikhi is.

can you [and modz] watch your language please.

as for Nidhaar Singh, he isnt actually at this camp - and he has open invitation as he wasnt banned. So dont class Sikh Student camp as a Nidhaar Singh administered camp. Im not a Nidhaar follower, and agree with sentiments expressed by many GurSikhs. But what makes me laugh are bwoys like you who are just all talk and no action. Lets face it... no one has really "sorted" Nidhaar Singh out have they? He still teaches at Gurdwara's does he not? So where is everyone?! Truth of matter is, a lot of people are all talk. They are the ones who only act when theres no danger of them getting smacked up. Be honest.