All My Friends Became Sucessful In Life And I Haven't

Guest All my

Guest All my

I am honestly so ashamed of my life, that I haven't done anything, all my cousins are teachers and doctors and I am just a lowly customer service representative. My friends is becoming a doctor, my other one is an electrician. Unfortunately, I have such low self confidence in myself, I think I am border line depressed.

What should I do, honestly I am so fed up, I dont know why God didn't make me successful?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well if you are a customer service rep, you get to deal with people on a day to day thing... that's not bad in my book.

Remember, its more important if you remain happy doing what you do rather than getting money. Many doctors work around the clock for rediculous shifts of 14-16 hours at a stretch, engineers are always under a lot of pressure. Look at your job... do you like it? Do you enjoy it? Only look at success if you really don't enjoy doing what you are doing right now.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

duKu vyCoVw ieku duKu BUK ]

dhukh vaeshhorraa eik dhukh bhookh ||

The pain of separation - this is the hungry pain I feel.

ieku duKu skqvwr jmdUq ]

eik dhukh sakathavaar jamadhooth ||

Another pain is the attack of the Messenger of Death.

ieku duKu rogu lgY qin Dwie ]

eik dhukh rog lagai than dhhaae ||

Another pain is the disease consuming my body.

vYd n Boly dwrU lwie ]1]

vaidh n bholae dhaaroo laae ||1||

O foolish doctor, don't give me medicine. ||1||

vYd n Boly dwrU lwie ]

vaidh n bholae dhaaroo laae ||

O foolish doctor, don't give me medicine.

drdu hovY duKu rhY srIr ]

dharadh hovai dhukh rehai sareer ||

The pain persists, and the body continues to suffer.

AYsw dwrU lgY n bIr ]1] rhwau ]

aisaa dhaaroo lagai n beer ||1|| rehaao ||

Your medicine has no effect on me. ||1||Pause||

Ksmu ivswir kIey rs Bog ]

khasam visaar keeeae ras bhog ||

Forgetting his Lord and Master, the mortal enjoys sensual pleasures;

qW qin auiT Kloey rog ]

thaa(n) than out(h) khaloeae rog ||

then, disease rises up in his body.

mn AMDy kau imlY sjwie ]

man a(n)dhhae ko milai sajaae ||

The blind mortal receives his punishment.

vYd n Boly dwrU lwie ]2]

vaidh n bholae dhaaroo laae ||2||

O foolish doctor, don't give me medicine. ||2||

cMdn kw Plu cMdn vwsu ]

cha(n)dhan kaa fal cha(n)dhan vaas ||

The value of sandalwood lies in its fragrance.

mwxs kw Plu Gt mih swsu ]

maanas kaa fal ghatt mehi saas ||

The value of the human lasts only as long as the breath in the body.

swis gieAY kwieAw Fil pwie ]

saas gaeiai kaaeiaa dtal paae ||

When the breath is taken away, the body crumbles into dust.

qw kY pwCY koie n Kwie ]3]

thaa kai paashhai koe n khaae ||3||

After that, no one takes any food. ||3||

kMcn kwieAw inrml hMsu ]

ka(n)chan kaaeiaa niramal ha(n)s ||

The mortal's body is golden, and the soul-swan is immaculate and pure,

ijsu mih nwmu inrMjn AMsu ]

jis mehi naam nira(n)jan a(n)s ||

if even a tiny particle of the Immaculate Naam is within.

dUK rog siB gieAw gvwie ]

dhookh rog sabh gaeiaa gavaae ||

All pain and disease are eradicated.

nwnk CUtis swcY nwie ]4]2]7]

naanak shhoottas saachai naae ||4||2||7||

O Nanak, the mortal is saved through the True Name. ||4||2||7||

------------------------

kirapaal dhaeiaal gopaal gobidh jo japai this seedhh ||

Whoever meditates on the merciful compassionate Lord, the Lord of the Universe, is successful.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW ipCl rwqIN auT bhMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) pishhal raathee(n) out(h) beha(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who get up in the last quarter of night.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW AMimRq vwlw sr n´wvMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) a(n)mrith vaalaa sar nyaava(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who getting up in the ambrosial hours, and bathe in the holy tank.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKwN iek mn hoie gur jwp jpMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) eik man hoe gur jaap japa(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who remember the Lord with single devotion.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW swD sMgiq cl jwie juVMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) saadhh sa(n)gath chal jaae jurra(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs also who go to the holy congregation and sit there.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW gurbwxIinq gwie suxMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) gurabaaneenith gaae suna(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who sing and listen to Gurbani daily.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW mn mylI kr mYl imlµdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) man maelee kar mail mila(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who meet others whole-heartedly.

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKWBwie Bgiq gurpurb krMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n)bhaae bhagath gurapurab kara(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who celebrate Guru’s anniversaries with full devotion.

gur syvw Pl suPl Plµdy ]ò]

gur saevaa fal sufal fala(n)dhae ||a||

Such Sikhs become blest by the service of the Guru and progress further successfully.

------------------

sdIv gnIv suhwvny rwm nwm igRih mwl ]

sadheev ganeev suhaavanae raam naam grihi maal ||

Those who have the wealth of the Lord's Name in their homes are forever wealthy and beautiful.

Kydu n dUKu n fwnu iqh jw kau ndir krI ]

khaedh n dhookh n ddaan thih jaa ko nadhar karee ||

Those who are blessed with the Lord's Glance of Grace suffer neither torture, nor pain, nor punishment.

nwnk jo pRB BwixAw pUrI iqnw prI ]18]

naanak jo prabh bhaaniaa pooree thinaa paree ||18||

O Nanak, those who are pleasing to God become perfectly successful. ||18||

VAHEGURUU

Hi

I was in same situation like you are now. While i was in school life was great than i jonied collge than my dad fell sick. As a result i had to join his business and had to give my dreams of doing MBA. I am graduate.My family business also started going bad. Life has been a bumpy road for last 7 years. so much that that some times i forget what year is it i.e 2005 or 2006.

My friend came from Canada couple of months and met with old friends including me and told me how eveyone was settled i.e married , earning good , some one is in USA some one in UK etc.

I also felt what you felt. A feeling of saddness, unhappiness and low self esteem. I talked with some one and he told me have faith in god and Person told me that today you have no self confiedence because you earn less, have less education than your friend. He told me isnt it shameful that such small things affect your self confiedence.

He told me "In future you will be the most sucessful among your frinds as long you are true to work " he added but why should your confiedence be affected by your sucess.

He made it clear that "confiedence should not depend on clothes ypu wear, education, money or status in society".

hukmee utam neech hukam likh dukh sukh paa-ee-ah.

By His Command, some are high and some are low; by His Written Command, pain and pleasure are obtained.

There is english quote" I know what i wanted to be, He knows what i will be"

I am honestly so ashamed of my life, that I haven't done anything, all my cousins are teachers and doctors and I am just a lowly customer service representative. My friends is becoming a doctor, my other one is an electrician. Unfortunately, I have such low self confidence in myself, I think I am border line depressed.

What should I do, honestly I am so fed up, I dont know why God didn't make me successful?

awww 1st things 1st like has been said before as long as you are happy in your job then it don't matter that you work as a customer service rep...what's wrong with that? the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others! you're different, you're your own person be happy with that :TH:

like with me as an example lol i'm stillll at uni lol most my friends have graduated some are even married with kids! ohmy.gif and my dad's always saying look at so and so s/he's got x amount of £ and he's driving this car and blah blah and look at you still living at home blah blah (typical parents rolleyes.gif ) but tbh it don't bother me! i could sit here and list 1001 things that my friends have achieved and i have yet to do so but i'm not going to because i am content with what i do have - even if others aren't!

if you are unhappy with your job then like these days there are so many options

you can attend night school and further your education

you can do a "at home" course in your own time

you can talk to your employers about any specific training courses the company offers that may then change your job role to supervisor or dept. manager for example.

you have the power to change your destiny!

all the best with what you decide!

be greatful for what you do have and all those things God has provided you with without you even having to ask! d_oh.gif

chin up! pray.gif

Enroll on a course and study! Don't think you're too old or something, that's rubbish! - No point grumbling if you're not going to make the change. :TH:

Gur Fateh!

VJKK VJKF

i agree with Mehtab veerji.....be thankful to guru sahib for whatever HE has given you :TH: this pain is nothing really you feel left down because everyone else from your family is more successful?!...wow....oh panji/veerji you're very blessed and don't forget to thank guru sahib for every single thing HE has given you....there are so many people who long for the life you're living...be thankful pray.gif :umm: ......and do ardas :lol: bhul chuk maaf

VJKK VJKF

It's unfortunate that you define success based on what you do for a living alone.

At the end of the day, it's really nothing more than a title. A doctor may get more worldly status in this life, but of what value is it in the long-run? How prestigious your worldly job is now is of no value in the hereafter. Concentrate on what really counts. As far as I can judge from the doctors I know, they have very little time for family and for Sikhi. At least in customer service, you have a job at which you can spend your day japping naam or reciting baani, helping people without too much stress, and you work regular hours most likely without having to be "on call", etc.

It's kind of sucky comparing yourself to others though. It's bound to cause depression. Everyone is different and has different circumstances. We only see the situations of others through our own eyes but without walking in their shoes....how do you know they're happy with who and what they are? "Is the grass really greener on the other side?"

If you're unhappy with your current position though, there's nothing stopping you from changing it. Go back to school or apply for other jobs. Customer service experience can be utilized in tons of different fields, even if it seems irrelevant. Getting a job you like is partially about how you frame your resume and how you portray the experience/skills you possess to reflect relevance to the position you want.