I Am Sort Of Confused Can Any1 Help!

dhan sikhi

One of my friends questioned me 'if evry thing is already decided by God then why does God decide to have bad things happening?' this got me thinking. grin.gif I would have answered her ques. like dis :

bad things are a reflection of wat u did bad in your last life or maybe in this life (karma). but i wasn't sure that this was right or if it answered the ques. so Ive turn to you guys for help. how can i explain this?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I would say, God created bad so that the good shines through. Everything is a test to see if you will forget God or remain steadfast in your religious convictions. You always need prayer and devotion to remain on the correct path.a.e If someone has evrything in life so far with no problems and all of a sudden their brother or child dies, that is God reminding that the body was to return at that exact time and that God is in the complete control over all and everything. Now if you grieve and forget God {depressed, maybe started using alcohol/drugs} then your actions reflect it. If you start to think God isnt here to protect me or God is punishing me or their is no God or God Why me, I cant handle your will then you will end up spiritually rotting, but if you still have love for God and have deep prayer then it can get you out of any situation in the entire creation, from getting tortured to having family members die.

We were all created through birth and in the end every single person has to die. So if you forget death then you forget God. If you remember everyone has to die then you begin to treat humanity, rather than use humanity for your own gains. One by one we will all die and be replaced by the next generation, its our fault {humanity} that the next generation becomes grown up with more evil than the previous generation. We must show the new generation how to become pure.

When most people ask me these types of things I alway explain to them in their religions ways or then they dont understand and tend to make there own opinion about other stuff to do with Sikhi. Dont get in depth with the Sikhi philosophy or it will confuse them unless they are Sikhs. Go more for a humanitarian answer to all questions because thats what Sikhi really is all about. All humanity is within the play of God and all have there predetermined roles on the play that God controls.

Basically bad things were made to put balance in the world. In this age the evil side is more active than the righteous side. It the darkest age of Kaljuga and we must show the example to get out of the hypnotizing cycle of attachment from anything else other than God. You can show the evidence from Sikh teachings and show that it says not to or to refrain from doing something and the reason why it starts to corrupt your own brain and thats why you have daily sadhana etc.

The thing is not to debate on certain issues because you dont want the person to trick you and asking educated questions that you can not understand and then bases their decision off your opinion from what they twisted. Best bet is to start to educate yourself with these questions so that you are strong enough to answer the questions correctly and without stutter in front of someone who honestly needs to hear the correct answer.

Tough to explain in a few sentences but do your best to understand.

SatNam

One of my friends questioned me 'if evry thing is already decided by God then why does God decide to have bad things happening?' this got me thinking. grin.gif I would have answered her ques. like dis :

bad things are a reflection of wat u did bad in your last life or maybe in this life (karma). but i wasn't sure that this was right or if it answered the ques. so Ive turn to you guys for help. how can i explain this?

Gurfateh

i would say it is a reminder, when something bad happens to us we think of God, when we are happy, when things are going good we tend to forget to thank God/remember God, however when something goes wrong, we almost always straight away remember Vaheguru.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

There is no such thing as "something bad".

Its just like "maya"... its an illusion! (read SGGSjee!). This only means that its our perception of what happens that we judge something as good or bad.

So only good things happen... we just falsely see some of it as bad.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Yep once you are patient you tend to see why a bad thing was actually good. Like I was in a California touring band when I was younger, and I used to do this and that, but my friends were lame, they didnt care about anyone but themselves, they would steal from me, talk behind my back etc and I was always thinking how it sux for me and how they are all stupid but in a way Im glad they did all that or I wouldnt have been in the space I was in when I was revealed the Sikh Dharma. So having people I would hang-out with was good thing they started to be real jerks and egoists or I wouldnt be a Sikh. So at that time in my life I felt it was bad but it was in reality very good.

:TH:

SatNaam