Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

Golee Maro

Sikh Sangat News:

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1386.shtml

harvinder_singh_2.jpgThe tragic events at the Lake District over the past weekend have affected the wider West Midlands Sikh community even though the youngsters were all from the city of Wolverhampton. The whole of the Sikh community is in state of grief as a result of this tragedy which has affected and touched so many.

The three youngsters were part of the soul of the community and regularly engaged in public and charity events. Not only did they spend their time in public service but they also inspired others to contribute their time in positive good and helping others.

Harvinder Singh (15) took part in the recent Birmingham to Leicester Bike Ride in which thousands of pounds were raised for local charities. Other bikers that took part commended his hard work in leading the ride from the front, encouraging the other participants onwards.

harvinder_singh.jpg

Harvinder Singh (Pictured Right) at Charity Bike Ride

A spokesman from Guru Nanak Gurdwara Blakenhall said: ‘All three youngsters were passionate about serving society and were the sort of model youngsters we all want to see. They themselves were beacons and inspired so many other youngsters to come forward and be involved in the community. Our prayers go out for them and we are trying to support their families at this difficult time.’

Bal Singh from 5K Foundation said: ‘We pray to the Almighty that Waheguru may shower their families and friends with the strength to get through such a sad and testing time. It has been difficult also for their young companions who watched their friends lose their struggle against the cold waters of Lake Ullswater in the despair of this disaster. Still it is heart-warming to hear of the camaraderie and the love of the Spirit and Its Creation. These youngsters tried so hard, to save one of their fallen companions and in the turmoil sacrificed their own lives.’

harvinder_singh_1.jpg

Harvinder Singh leading the Bike Ride at the front

Just as these youngsters tried to live their lives as directed by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, they even left this earth trying to carry out positive good. The following passage of Gurbani is therefore relevant at this time:

har jan har har naam samaanae dhukh janam maran bhav kha(n)ddaa hae ||

The humble servants of the Lord are absorbed in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The pain of birth and the fear of death are eradicated.

‘We have asked the police and public services to offer their support, especially counselling as so many other youngsters have been affected by this loss. These youngsters were not only part of an extended family but their extended family was the whole of the community. Their loss has sent ripples which have affected many young people in the area.’

Prayers and meditation have been organised by many Gurdwaras throughout the UK to provide support and to channel the sentiment of the community into positive action.

The message coming from the Sikh community is to learn from the excellent example of these Gursikhs of how to live and practise the Sikh religion and do selfless service in Society to ensure that what they stood for continues to live on in the hearts and minds of a new generation of youngsters.

satvir_singh.jpg

Satvir Singh who had recently taken Amrit

A special programme to remember these three young GurSikhs will take place on Friday 29th September at Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Sedgley St, Wolverhampton, WV4 3AJ from 6pm onwards.

kirtan.jpg

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh.

The 3 chardikall gursikhs who gave their life for each other.

I was there at the time watching everything, helpless, i could do nothing, no skills of swimming, i was useless.

Sardaar Harvinder Singh Jee

Sardaar Satvir Singh Jee

Sardaar Tajinder Singh Jee

These 3 Chardikalaa Gursikhs were the proper Singh's.

The 1 Survivor said that he did ardaas once he was under the water and he heard a voice say 'its not your time yet, you have still got alot of simran to do', and then he had a big push up by Gursikh Sardaar Satvir Singh Jee and he was out of the water, a singh who could swim went in and grabbed a hold of whatever he could, the Singh who had been pushed up had long hair, and so the Singh who dived in got a hold of his hair an pulled him out by his hair, the Singh's hair saved his life!!! Hair is kirpa, Guru Jee's kirpa. VAAHEGUROO.

It was extremly sad, the Singh's dastaar's had came off, some kakkaar had fallen off and their hair were everywhere, all i could see was these Singh's struggling for their life and yet all i could do was watch and call for help, everybody was in such a panick that no-body could even think of taking off their dastaar's and tying it to their karaa and then throwing it in for the Chardikalaa Gursikhs to hold onto so that we could pull them in.

They are now back home with their maother and father, Vaaheguroo. They are sitting aling side with Vaaheguroo japping the naam, they are free yet we are not.

Jap the naam as if you are going to die tonight. There were 2 survivors because 1 of them went in to help them but got pulled in himself, but he managed to get out, that survivor said it was like the water was pulling you from under the water, just like jamdoot, it is said that if the jamdoot get you and and guru jee does not want you to go yet, he pulls ypu up from the hair/kesh, that's just what happened here.

All I have to say is Jap the Naam as if you are going to die tonight.

AND PLEASE READ THE HUKAMNAAMAA THAT WAS TAKEN OUT BEFORE THE 3 GURSIKH'S BODIES WERE FOUND:

MERE SATGURAA, MEIN TUJH BIN AVAR NAA KOE

LOOK AT THE LAST LINE AS WELL, IT TALKS ABOUT DROWNING SPIRITUALLY.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh.

vaheguru

i have recieved a message indicating that Antam Sanskaar for Bhai Harvinder Singh ji and Bhai Satvir Singh ji is to take place WEDNESDAY/04/OCTOBER/2006 @ 11 AM

please forward this message to all sangat, humble benti to all to attend

it is believed that Bhai Tajinder Singh ji's Father wishes to have his son's Antam Sanskaar in Punjab

i hope a fellow sangat member can provide more detail in due cause

many thanks to Rajan Singh for his post d_oh.gif

Sangat wishing to attend the funeral of Bhai Harvinder Singh ji and & Bhai Satvir Singh ji please be at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Duncan Street off Sedgley Street,

Wolverhampton,

West Midlands

WV2 3JA

01902 459413

01902 459933

on WED/04/0CT/2006

Mirtak deh of the two Singhs will be brought to Gurdwara Sahib at 9.30am for sangat to have darshan

Sangata will then leave Gurdwara Sahib approx. 10.15am to attend funeral at

Bushbury Crematorium

Underhill Lane

Bushbury

Wolverhampton

WV10 8JR

Phone: (01902) 556070

Which will take place at 11am

Followed by Bogh & Ardaas at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Sedgley Street Wolverhampton

Rajan Veerjee, many thanks for that post.

You can feel their love by reading about them. We shouldnt be upset, yet they are only returning home. To their beloved father, the creator.

My love goes to their families and my love to everyone here.

Their smiles make me smile :wub:

My love always Harvinder, Satvir and Tejinder Veerjee.

Continue to shine through and inspire us all

remembrance_poster_big.jpg

Also there will be an All Youth Keertan Darbaar in remembrance of these three young souls.

Please attend on:

Saturday 30th September 2006

at

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara,

Park Avenue,

Southall

Nearest Train: Southall (Paddington) Bus: 120, E5, H32

The programme will commence at 7.45pm (in Main Hall)

Anyone wishing to do Keertan or help in advertising please contact

lovesikhi@hotmail.com

07940 431925

Also

anyone free at 7.30 pm please come to the Gurdwara to

help setup the stage and start the programme. Sevadars needed for projector and Sikhi To The Max.