[salok] Bhagath Kabeer Jeeo Kae

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

kbIr sB qy hm bury hm qij Blo sBu koie ]

kabeer sabh tay ham buray ham taj bhalo sabh ko-ay.

Kabeer, I am the worst of all. Everyone else is good.

ijin AYsw kir bUiJAw mIqu hmwrw soie ]7]

jin aisaa kar boojhi-aa meet hamaaraa so-ay.

Whoever understands this is a friend of mine.

“buray” = worst

“ham” = all

“bhalo” = good (i think)

“jin” = whoever

“boojhi-aa” = understand

“meet” = friend

In this couplet Bhagat Kabeer Ji talks about the result of killing off ego. A new sense of awareness takes over, and the person will begin to realise their own faults instead of finding faults in others. Now faults can be found inside oneself, and Maharaj can be seen in everyone else. Pride is no longer an issue. The person will consider themselves as lowly, treating all others with respect (-emphasis on ALL others.)

Kabeer Ji then says, that person who is free from the illusions of maya, and who can see/feel/live the Truth is an actual friend. This is true sangat, but such people are rare. Seeing/feeling/living the Truth could probably have a post of its own.

True Friends

Ego attacks us from every angle, especially when we don't realise it. Even small things such as "you do nice kirtan" can add to our growing bank of ego. Each time we think of ourselves having anything or being able to do anything is a moment we could have spend admiring Maharaj.

Pride

Right at the beginning of Japji Saheb Guru Nanak Dev Ji gives us the key to getting rid of ego:

nwnk hukmY jy buJY q haumY khY n koie ]2]

naanak hukamai jae bujhai th houmai kehai n koe

O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego.

Remembering *everything* is in Maharaj's hands, and that we don't have hands, and that we hardly exist, and that there is no we. Only Maharaj. Concept of Hukam could probably have its own post too :wub: .

:wub::

i couldn't find a relevant, nice picture for today.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh