Sikhs Views On Evolution

Bored

"sochai soch n hovee jae sochee lakh vaar ||" JapJi

"kathh kathh kathhee kottee kott kott ||" JapJi

"dhharathee hor parai hor hor ||" JapJi

"jeea jaath rangaa kae naav || sabhanaa likhiaa vurree kalaam || eaehu laekhaa likh jaanai koe || laekhaa likhiaa kaethaa hoe ||" JapJi

"keethaa pasaao eaeko kavaao ||You created the vast expanse of the Universe with One Word!

this thae hoeae lakh dhareeaao || Hundreds of thousands of rivers began to flow." JapJi

d_oh.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a THEORY thts all thst widely accpted in science but i always think what are we going 2 evolve in 2 next?????????? any thoughts or is this where the process ends with our brain being the most complex fing in da universe

There is a theory that humans will be virtually hairless due to global warming and climate change which does make sense. And when the next ice age will take effect the hair will be required by mammals and therefore humans will adopt and evolve accordingly.

Which brings up an interesting question. What would be the Sikh/Khalsa view on the requirement to keep hair if humans one day are not blessed with it. grin.gif or lets say those with genetic/medial conditions means they do not have the ablity to have hair, does it make them not a Sikh? or lesser Sikh? or what?

Khalsa is meant to symbolise that we accept God's Will

Therefore the keeping of hair.

Nowadays ppl think: "you have to be hairy to be a Khalsa" - that just sounds stupid.

I don't understand where this mindset originally came from..

its a THEORY thts all thst widely accpted in science but i always think what are we going 2 evolve in 2 next??

Well who knows? Monkeys couldn't imagine how humans would look like lol..

any thoughts or is this where the process ends with our brain being the most complex fing in da universe

lol.. so how many times has ANY human been around the universe to inspect how "complex" it is..?We could've said the same for ourselves when we were monkeys lol.

Thinkie outside the boxie :D

In my opinion, we as humans are disrupting the act of evolution. Due to IVF treatment etc, we are allowing recessive genepools to survive for more generations, rather than naturally being filtered out by evolution.

We might adapt to suite computers better.. Who knows?

Khalsa is meant to symbolise that we accept God's Will

Therefore the keeping of hair.

Nowadays ppl think: "you have to be hairy to be a Khalsa" - that just sounds stupid.

I don't understand where this mindset originally came from..

Lot's of people seem to think that! rolleyes.gif Perhaps they'll buy 'Miracle gro' or something

For countless ages there was utter darkness; No earth, no sky, only God's will.

No day, no night, neither the Moon nor the Sun. He sat in trance in the void.

There was no eating, no speaking. There was no water, no air,

No creation, no destruction, No coming, no going, There were no planets, no underworld,

None of the seven seas With rivers flowing into them.

There were no planes: higher, middle or lower,

Neither hell nor heaven, nor any hour of death,

No suffering, no bliss, No birth, no death,

No entry, no exit. There was no Brahma, no Vishnu, no Shiva.

With His order, the world was created. It is maintained without any support.

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. He created also the love of Maya.

Only a few are blessed with His Word. He watches and rules over all.

He brought about the planets, the hemisphere And the underworld.

And became Himself manifest. It is the True Guru alone who imparts this Understanding.

Says Nanak those who are truthful live in Eternal bliss.

They are blessed with recitation of God's Name.

For countless ages there was utter darkness; No earth, no sky, only God's will.

No day, no night, neither the Moon nor the Sun. He sat in trance in the void.

There was no eating, no speaking. There was no water, no air,

No creation, no destruction, No coming, no going, There were no planets, no underworld,

None of the seven seas With rivers flowing into them.

There were no planes: higher, middle or lower,

Neither hell nor heaven, nor any hour of death,

No suffering, no bliss, No birth, no death,

No entry, no exit. There was no Brahma, no Vishnu, no Shiva.

With His order, the world was created. It is maintained without any support.

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. He created also the love of Maya.

Only a few are blessed with His Word. He watches and rules over all.

He brought about the planets, the hemisphere And the underworld.

And became Himself manifest. It is the True Guru alone who imparts this Understanding.

Says Nanak those who are truthful live in Eternal bliss.

They are blessed with recitation of God's Name.[/b]

theres the answer

There is a theory that humans will be virtually hairless due to global warming and climate change which does make sense.

Evolution is a slow process. It doesn't happen over a day for humans. Provide the name and some evidence of the theory. I hardly think this will ever be the case since global warming will not be increasing at the same rate it has in the past simply because we are coming up with alternatives to oil and carbon emission. Even then, the idea that global warming will cause humans to lose a part of the body seems unlikely. Hair are alive and absorb solar energy. the body will have to come up with something else to perform the same task in case hair are lost.

And when the next ice age will take effect the hair will be required by mammals and therefore humans will adopt and evolve accordingly.

If global warming keeps increasing then there will not be another ice age.

Which brings up an interesting question. What would be the Sikh/Khalsa view on the requirement to keep hair if humans one day are not blessed with it.

The requirement is to keep hair uncut/unshorn i.e. not to distort the body or alter the way Waheguru has created us. In such a rare case of losing hair it will be perfectly acceptable way of life in Sikhi since we will not be altering our bodies.

or lets say those with genetic/medial conditions means they do not have the ablity to have hair, does it make them not a Sikh? or lesser Sikh? or what?

Sikhi is a way of life not a rule book of "yes" and "no". Any moral principle cannot simply be "yes" or "no". There are always exceptions. In Sikhi, action and intent both count. If your intentions are not to cut your hair but have to due to medical reasons then I see nothing wrong with it. Medical surgery is not an excuse to committ bajjar kurehat. Your action and intent both are to get yourself treated properly. It comes down to your personal decision. Every case is different. I would see nothing wrong with minor surgery but when life is at stake then I wouldn't go for it. Sikhi is very open and practical way of life. But after treatment one must do pesh and get sudhayee. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There is a theory that humans will be virtually hairless due to global warming and climate change which does make sense.

Evolution is a slow process. It doesn't happen over a day for humans. Provide the name and some evidence of the theory. I hardly think this will ever be the case since global warming will not be increasing at the same rate it has in the past simply because we are coming up with alternatives to oil and carbon emission. Even then, the idea that global warming will cause humans to lose a part of the body seems unlikely. Hair are alive and absorb solar energy. the body will have to come up with something else to perform the same task in case hair are lost.

And when the next ice age will take effect the hair will be required by mammals and therefore humans will adopt and evolve accordingly.

If global warming keeps increasing then there will not be another ice age.

Which brings up an interesting question. What would be the Sikh/Khalsa view on the requirement to keep hair if humans one day are not blessed with it.

The requirement is to keep hair uncut/unshorn i.e. not to distort the body or alter the way Waheguru has created us. In such a rare case of losing hair it will be perfectly acceptable way of life in Sikhi since we will not be altering our bodies.

or lets say those with genetic/medial conditions means they do not have the ablity to have hair, does it make them not a Sikh? or lesser Sikh? or what?

Sikhi is a way of life not a rule book of "yes" and "no". Any moral principle cannot simply be "yes" or "no". There are always exceptions. In Sikhi, action and intent both count. If your intentions are not to cut your hair but have to due to medical reasons then I see nothing wrong with it. Medical surgery is not an excuse to committ bajjar kurehat. Your action and intent both are to get yourself treated properly. It comes down to your personal decision. Every case is different. I would see nothing wrong with minor surgery but when life is at stake then I wouldn't go for it. Sikhi is very open and practical way of life. But after treatment one must do pesh and get sudhayee. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

thanks for clearing that up, as for the theory about humans becoming hairless in the future. I heard it on some radio show where a scientist was explaining how evolution due to global warming would phyiscally impact the human body, it wont happen overnight but take years possibly many decades. I will try and find out more info for you. As for no ice age happening thats not true from what I've read. Immediately after global warming has reached its peak, it followed up by a cooling effect leading to the next ice age, that has always been the case for this planet. We are living in a period between ice ages which last for 10,000 years at least.

I heard it on some radio show where a scientist was explaining how evolution due to global warming would phyiscally impact the human body, it wont happen overnight but take years possibly many decades.
actually, it would take pace over thousands of years and will be very very slow.