Info Needed On Diwali At Golden Temple

fanaa

Hi

I was thinking of going to Golden Temple ,Amritsar for celebrating Diwali. I am good photopgrapher would love to Click Photographs of lighting and Firecrackers.

Reason i am posting is that i have made plans in past and everytime i was about go , I was told there is lots of people, Lot of crowds etc and It would be difficult. Even heard like Sevadars close doors couple of hours before.

I know lots of people come bit is the situation so bad that i wont be able to get good shots.

I see people are all over Golden temple i mean in place where ypu normally see, so how do they get in those areas, special contacts or all areas are open.

I love to hear any personal experinces.

well........

tell me where u live?

i also suggestuto not to go there on diwali,

coz u wont be able to enjoy that.

if u only want to take photos of lights then u can go now or aftersome days coz lights will be there till guru nanak dev ji's gurpurab.

sou can go before diwali or after diwali, if u want to go after diwali then u shud go on guru nanak dev ji's gurpurab.

remember u cant get any room on diwali or on gurpurab to stay there.

they never give room to any body but gave it to very less people who are from very far like delhi , bombay or other far states or only for NRIs.

they keep rooms empty for sgpc members and their relatives and dear ones.

but i dnt tell u to follow exactly my instructions.

i juz gave my personal experience.

and case with u may be differ.

Well I am from Delhi and Sadly i am aware about situation that no rooms are given out even if they are vacant.I was Planning to stay in a hotel. We normally stayed in Hotel Astoria.

I just wanted to know, they have fire works ( crackers) display only on Diwali and also on Gurunanak Devji's Gurparb.

Is the situation on gurparb better or same or even worse.

I am interested in shooting both lights and display of fireworks

ohhh

ok holtel is really better.

u shud go there on gurpurab, it will be better in my view.

but i am not surethatthere will be fire work on dat day.

but on diwali there is great rush.

wot man u juz want to go there for photographs??

go there between today till gurpurab juz see only lightnings.

crakers's pics are not mostly always good.

butjuz take ur decision ur self.

WJKK WJKF

Can i just say that we don't celebrate "diwali" at golden temple we celebrate bandhichor. Diwali is a hindu festival

WJKK WJKF

Khalsa ji, it's only recently Sikhs have tried to correct previous words used by our so called 'Bajorag' (elders)

I lay the blame at their door. They were the first to grace this country (and many others) but chose not to use the actual names of Sikh festivals. - The same applies to the use of 'Temple' instead of Gurdwara!!! Makes my blood boil! :D :D :s

Whats does your blood do when you hear Hari Mandir Saheb., Since you dont like Idea of temple , Mandir is also another name for Temple. So stop reacting on words like Temple etc.

I wanted to know do sikh's follow same calander as Hindu i.e. Is Nanakshai Calender is same as Hindu Calender

Well on the day of diwali, top floors of parkarma is off limit as sewadars will be preparing all fireworks.. See if you can get the permission and get on the top of the Baba Attal Sahib (you can see the whole complex and even Amritsar city from the top). Baba Atal sahib is now closed due to the lady who jumped from the top floor couple of months ago. On Diwali the complex will be full and it's usually a good time for fotographers to take pictures.. To take pictures inside of harmander sahib or from places where normal sangat are not allowed, you have to get the permission from the Manager or anyone from the Harmander Sahib informational office located nearby the entrance of the Complex. It's hard to get permission but if you are in confidence and can tell few names or if your job/post is important then you may get the permission.. I went there twice but never got the permission but was lucky to have the sewadars opening the baba Atal Sahib for us.. Few days ago Hotel Astoria is undegoing major upgrading?? not sure but i think there's huge construction going on nearby, so i would suggest to look around for the better quiet place.. Maybe try CJ Niwas (never stayed there) but i guess from the roof top you may get the pictures of the diwali fireworks.. Good luck !

also.. sikhs follow nanakshai calendar which is not the hindu calender (Bikrami is the name of that calender.. i guess)