Eating Langar

Guest registered

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lion child go back to wahtever u were before christan or hindu u <banned word filter activated> u dont know jack <admin-profanity filter activated> about anything about sikhi just make up ur own <admin-profanity filter activated> and start ur own cult flippin khoosa

So the fact that someone was not born into a Sikh family can be held against them in childish fits of anger? Is this jattism rearing its ugly head? Who needs enemies when we have such rot within us?

KFI, you want to take the opportunity to step back, apologize, and retract before your famous words above solidify, curdle and come back to haunt your more mature self one day?

(Lionchild, although I disagree with the view you expressed, and encourage you to learn more, it does not warrant the reply above. I am sorry bro.)

Well think about it: did our gurdwaras have electricty when they first appeared? what about running water? televisions? Those things we take for granted. The point of sitting on the floor (level with anyone else) is a sign of equality. There would be a problem if there was peopel sitting, and sitting ont he floor. But if all are on floor, or charis, or chushions, then it means the same thing. Of course, we want to make sure that we are not higher than our guru granth sahib.

No worries on the reply, been there done that :D

Well think about it: did our gurdwaras have electricty when they first appeared? what about running water? televisions? Those things we take for granted. The point of sitting on the floor (level with anyone else) is a sign of equality. There would be a problem if there was peopel sitting, and sitting ont he floor. But if all are on floor, or charis, or chushions, then it means the same thing. Of course, we want to make sure that we are not higher than our guru granth sahib.
some how i think there is more to sitting on the floor than just equality and being lower than Guru Granth Sahib.

remember, when guru gobind singh made amrit, guns were available. but he still told us to carry kirpans. something to think about.

Gurro Sahib themself sat on the floor, wut makes u think u deserve better?

Guroo Sahib is Beant they can have ANYTHING WHENEVER they want it...Whatever they did was done for a reason.

i'm not for or agsint how people decide to sit or how they eat, or what race they are... that twould be focusing on smaller things. None of the gurus where women, no white, or had the stuff we had today. And does it really matteR? no... cause we should care more about sikhi principles more that silly arguments over chairs.

If people are so picky over this - remember, who are we really trying to please? us and our understanding? or waheguru and sikhi?

Guroo Sahib is Beant they can have ANYTHING WHENEVER they want it...Whatever they did was done for a reason.

i'm not for or agsint how people decide to sit or how they eat, or what race they are... that twould be focusing on smaller things. None of the gurus where women, no white, or had the stuff we had today. And does it really matteR? no... cause we should care more about sikhi principles more that silly arguments over chairs.

If people are so picky over this - remember, who are we really trying to please? us and our understanding? or waheguru and sikhi?

LOL.gif

buddy,

u think this chairs n stuff is silly stuff?

man i really dunno wat to say.......hahaha.....in other words it sounds to me.......guru sahib is stupid n the ppl who introduced chairs n tables are much smarter than guru sahib.....haha..after all who gave them the budhi?.....some1 else?.....haha

LOL.gif

i really cant stop thinking bout tat stupid ghaggha.....guru nanak dev ji ate meat under pressure.......hahaha....how stupid ppl can get..... LOL.gif

anyways

bhull chukk maaff

LOL.gif

buddy,

u think this chairs n stuff is silly stuff?

man i really dunno wat to say.......hahaha.....in other words it sounds to me.......guru sahib is stupid n the ppl who introduced chairs n tables are much smarter than guru sahib.....haha..after all who gave them the budhi?.....some1 else?.....haha

LOL.gif

i really cant stop thinking bout tat stupid ghaggha.....guru nanak dev ji ate meat under pressure.......hahaha....how stupid ppl can get..... LOL.gif

anyways

bhull chukk maaff

Is there any part of that post harwinder84 that I said they are "smarter" than the guru granth sahib ji? Umm, no, you made that up. BTW, when you said "introduce", i would assume you mean anyone that does something different in the sikhi community or the gurdwara? That would mean that electricty and water, as well as TVs and jeans should also be not present? Ok, why don't you care about those as well?

It's strange how we sikhs as a community can worry so much over these small details. Yet our sangat is divided and broken because people let big issues like caste (violation of equality), our falling youth, and murder of girls, slip pass by. We seem to think that if we create the illusion that we are upholding equality and respect by worrying over chairs and dastar colors, that everything else we overlook will be not import, and hence be not seen by waheguru... Does that not seem strange?

Maybe not after being exposed to it over hundreds of years, maybe it's time for a reversal of that trend.

just my 2 cents :D

lol i didnt mean to hit u bro...sorry if i did

i meant it for ppl who justifies chairs n tables in langgar hall

wat ever u said bout electricity, TV, jeans is irrelevant

so why not hav meat in langgar is some1 eats meat?

made some sense?

bhull chukk maaff

sorry bro if my post earlier hurt ur feelings

peace :T:

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

we're supposed to eat on FLOOOOORRRS, we cant use our own manmat to interpret these things....thats the way langar began with the emphasis on everyone being equal and humble...it's the only place where we all have to bring down our barriers and truly become humble...besides , on tables and chairs not everyone has equal oppurtunity to do seva ie:ppl that are midgets, kids, etc.....it's not a restaurant, it's guru ji's langar man!!!!!!!!!!!