Cancer At The Gurdwara - Phone Masts

kaurisprincess

pyare sangat ji,

i have always been a keen reader on this site, but never posted. Here goes. i guess it was gonna take something which hurt to post.

i went to a wedding today at singh sabha gurdwara seven kings, and saw phone masts within the grounds of the gurdwara. i was a bit shocked. when my dad drove off i looked back and saw more phone masts on top of the gurdwara, on the roof!!

i said to my dad this is bad and that the gurdwara people probably dont know that these things are dangerous. please read the following links:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/westmidland...one_masts.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/3_investi...one_masts.shtml

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Phone+Masts

http://www.northtynesidetoday.co.uk/ViewAr...ticleID=1804373

i know of churches who have had them banned and removed.

we must do the same, as all the innocent aunties and uncles that go to the gurdwara are at risk. all those innocent sevadaars, poor people. what if they all get cancer?

Wasnt there a election or something a few months ago where the youth where urged to stand as candidates and one of the issues raised was the phone masts. So who won the elections and what have they done about the issues at hand?

If they havent or will not do anything then people from that area need to organise protests and a boycott so these fools in commitees are shamed into taking action or getting out if they dont want to help the community.

Wasnt there a election or something a few months ago where the youth where urged to stand as candidates and one of the issues raised was the phone masts. So who won the elections and what have they done about the issues at hand?

If they havent or will not do anything then people from that area need to organise protests and a boycott so these fools in commitees are shamed into taking action or getting out if they dont want to help the community.

Link from previous topic

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=18143&hl=

Unfortunately, the East London youth could not form a united front against the then committee. Not many naujawaan were willing to commit to forming an opposition party. From what I was told the elections did not take place and a new committee was formed made up of the old committee members and some from the opposition party. Basically you have the same guys as before running the committee.

The phone masts are another stream of income for the Gurdwara committee. I am not sure how much income they get but I know there are 7 masts on top of the Guru Ghar which can be seen from quite far away and I don't think there are any other masts within a mile radius.

With any Committee, when it comes to making extra money it will over rule the dangerous health implications to not only the Sangat who attend the Guru Ghar but people who live around the Guru Ghar. The committee are fully aware of the implications of the phone masts because the issue has been raised a few times.

Maybe the UK sangat as a whole need to intervene and provide pressure on the committee to remove the masts. The majority of the local sangat have either not bothered raising the issue and those that have, have been unsuccessful in making any progress.

no.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifno.gif

Unbelivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They must know of the dangers by now. Who is the pardaan at this Gurdwara?

White British people dont even want the mast in their own area, and we have masts out our Gurdwara. How shameful.

Why not give all the sangat cancer. Its ok for the committees as they dont even go to the Gurdwara regularly. I hope they get cancer first.

They have a contract, for a certain amount of years and they have said they will not re-new it after its finished. It should finish next year and they will be taken down........thats as far as what i found out but then again you cant always be sure they will stick to their word

Heres what I find out about the transmitters.

Name of Operator: Vodafone

Operator Site Ref: 33294

Station Type: Macrocell

Height of Antenna: 15.94 Metres

Frequency Range: 900 MHz

Transmitter Power: 24.15 dBW

Maximum licensed power: 32 dBW

Type of Transmission: GSM

Name of Operator: Vodafone

Operator Site Ref: 33294

Height of Antenna: 15.94 Metres

Frequency Range: 2100 MHz

Transmitter Power: 26.482 dBW

Type of Transmission: UMTS

=======================

Name of Operator: O2

Operator Site Ref: 10534

Height of Antenna: 14 Metres

Frequency Range: 900 MHz

Transmitter Power: 23 dBW

Frequency Range: 1800 MHz

Transmitter Power: 26.5 dBW

Frequency Range: 2100 MHz

Transmitter Power: 28.24 dBW

Type of Transmission: UMTS

My advice would be to boycott the gurdwara until those masts are taken down, I wouldnt risk my health going there how ironic it is when the gurdwara actually should be a place for sanctuary and safety for the community.

My advice would be to boycott the gurdwara until those masts are taken down, I wouldnt risk my health going there how ironic it is when the gurdwara actually should be a place for sanctuary and safety for the community.

a year more aint gonna kill anyone, we dont stay there 24hours a day, its not even open that long......... its harmful to the gyaniz which is pretty sad. Boycotting the gurdwara is not the best of advice to give to someone on this matter. Its not gonna solve any problems.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

In California christian churches get a tower erected and hide it by building a cross over it so the tower is the frame and completely disguised as a big cross. (Its gives them income so the money corrupts their thinking to add a health risk to the people)

The Uk towers are wierd shaped, they look like some type of raygun thing. :D