How Much Material Do You Use To Tie Your Turban?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

You guys wear some huge turbans. When I add up all the weight some of you wear would make me look like a bobblehead :D I guess its the kind of hair I have that fills up the turban without so much material. 7 yards for me and thats a huge turban, because my joora is as big as some peoples keski when tied.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Narinder Singh
What do you mean single and double???

Double pugh is just one pugh cut into two pieces and then sewn together from the side to get the "wide" and more "peaked" effect that's commonly seen in punjab. My pugh which is double is usually 4 wraps, now if it was single it would be 7 to 8 wraps, get it veerji?

What do you mean single and double???

double and single, the difference...

ok, say you wear 7 meters single... that means that the cloth you get is 7 meters long and skinny, just the way it was wherever it came from...

say you wear 7 meters double, that means they take the 7 meters and cut it in half, 3.5, and 3.5... take the two halves and sew them up the center, side by side, so that the length is actually 3.5 meters, but it's twice the width of the normal turban.... with this, lars end up being a little fatter... blush.gif hope this helps....

fateh

ohhh... somebody else posted the answer the same time i did... :D that was kinda freaky... haha..

I have heard that you arent supposed to sew your turban, so is this were that comes from?????? I cant remember where I hear that, for all you askers :D

I have a question When you tie lars in the back do you stack them up. I watched the sikhnet videos but it doesnt help me, Sad but true. :D I do want to tie it that way every once in a while though. Someone needs to make a double camera video that follow the hand while tying and then it would be better explained.

Someone tying it for me would really help.When are you going to tye mine?? :D

after seeing that I saw a quick tuck and thats one thing I needed to know :D

THANX FOR EL VIDEO :s

lol they're the same as the ones on sikhnet! ahahaha, thanks anyway!

I only watched tthe first one and it didnt help so I thought all were the same ways of tying. I gathered it like GurDarbar Singh and it works like that with a round turban but not the nok turban, in my case I guess.

It also looks like a ball in the pic but its not.