A K J Pics From Australia Oct 2006 Week Kirtan

akjforever

beautiful pictures, but...i was always under the assumption that AKJ didn't partake in amrit sanchaar cemeronies by bringing the punj piyaaray into divaan.... i have heard that AKJ in Toronto are pretty against that, especially...

The justification i heard was that interrupting keertan is like interrupting gurbani, and since shabad guru is our guru, then we're interrupting our guru....someone said that it's disrespectful to guru granth sahib ji because the punj are only the punj during the actual sanchaar... the second it is over, they are no longer the punj.....

not that i agree with the above statement, but i thoguht that AKJ was therefore not for such methods of concluding amrit sanchaar...

maybe jaspaul singh can clarify... there was a similar issue in the past with one of the youth keertan darbar's where he was encouraged to not have the punj piyaaray come into darbar with the abhilaakhees (or in other words, the new amritdharis).

Has the stance changed? or was this just an indiscretion or difference in opinion in Australia? I for one, love the pictures, and have NO issue with the punj coming inside darbar, but just thoght i'd ask. If you'd rather avoid the potentials of a debate, please PM me instead (to anyone who might ahve some direction)

haha

i dun know anything man

i only know that AKJ toronto use to do it in the past and their reasoning for not doing it anymore is acceptable and we should accept it .. but that doesnt mean others that do it are wrong.. gotta respect everyones views.. there are chardi kala gursikhs in australia that dont seem to have a problem wit it so we as youth should not either..

An amrit sanchaar was conducted in a youth kirtan darbar at waterloo yes, but the idea of bringing them into the diwaan was brought forth a week or so before the kirtan darbar and some were for it and some were against it. The final decision came down to the panj pyaarai themselves and they decided as punj that they shouldnt, even though some didnt see a problem wit it. The amrit sanchaar itself was held for the ablaakhis that were ready to give their head for the guru. Bringing them into sangat was just some sangats suggestion if it could be done.

Its all good .. pray.gif

actually just to clarify for the november kirtan darbar...

the idea to bring the abhilakhis following the panj piyaraay was brought up from the beginning..and was accepted...as well as communicated to the panj and they were okay with it...

some singhs made an issue out of it as the kirtan darbar approached because they disagreed..in the end ..it was agreed that the panj piyaraay would come into the divan hall..

but they decided not to come at the end because the amrit sanchar had started a lot later than they had anticipated and the gursikhs doing punj seva had to drive back to toronto and be up for their morning programs...

as someone who had talked to jaspaul singh from the beginning of that situation..i find it funny how the story has changed almost a year later....hmmm....

amrit sanchaar was first conducted because of one abhlaakhi reli wanting to take amrit.. panj pyaray were contacted about 3-4 weeks or so before the kirtan darbar to do a amrit sanchaar which they agreed to from the start.. idea of bringing panj pyaray into the diwaan was put forth AFTER ..panj pyaray were then contacted again and the idea was put forth after .. therefore a week or so before the program which they replied to 'there shouldnt be a problem.. sure it can be done'

the reason for the panj not coming into the diwaan hall .. yes they did have to drive back .. but there was more to that but it does not matter now :D

jss if you want to know facts you can contact me as i was the only person involved with the panj pyaray so i know exactly what happened from beginning to end.. :D

actually,

jaspaul..there's no need to lie to the sangat...i don't know what your motivation for doing so is..

the amrit sanchar was planned more than 4 weeks in advance...and it was YOUR idea to have the panj come in to the sangat right from the beginning...and you talked to me about talking to the panj..and they were totally cool with it...and they said..they know how it works cuz they do that before too...

and then a week before the darbar...you messaged me saying certain people had issues with it..mainly singhs associated with the akj as they had stopped that practice in toronto..

lets not mislead people to forward your own agenda...

be a singh and live the truth