rsingh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Author: ns

Date: 10-22-06 01:03

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Je Ke Fateh

Where do I begin about this Gursikh pyara, I have known him since the age of 10 when my Dad first introduced me to him to learn the Vaja and tabla. And to tell you the truth I was not the paying attention type. I cannot even describe how he made me pay attention at that age , there was something special about it. This is what you here from all kirtanis and kids who have learnt from him.As he got my attention at a young age, I remember going to rehansbahi kirtans and seeing him perform kirtan with Giani Hamdard Jee, me and my cousin used to record it and still have those recordings from the late seventies, early eighties. Bhai Sahib was a real gem in his field , he knew when a raagi was going out of the musical raag vidyaa complex as per Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.As per tragic events which happened 1978, 1984 in Punjab, Bhai Sahib Jee extended his speciallity to Dhadi vaaran using the vaaja and other instruments in real unique way. He also wrote and sang many dharmak geets around that time in a special way one such geet never leaves my mind " Maaii nee Maaaii saanooo amritsar lagdaa pyaara" . Bhai Sahib Jee was an artist and never forgot to do parchar through singing Gurbani shabads. When on stage he would mention his students old and young, one student I remember him mentioning was 55 years old and wanted to learn kirtan. Bhai Sahib mentioned about this student that how he was suffering from depression and anxiety at home from family problems etc. and how this student came over it simply by just getting out the vaaja everytime he was depressed and singing shabads. This is the power of parse kala of Gurbani, some may question and call it blind faith but it does work wonders for people.Bhai Sahib menitoned that Gurbani works on everyone and everything around us but we don't realize it.

Bhai Sahib is a great loss to the panth and to all the Sikh kids learning Vaja, raag , tabla on a weekly basis . When I heard the news yesterday and went home from work my daughters were in tears saying they were learnig part of a shabad and was going to learn the antraa of the complete Shabad this week, who is going to teach us now??

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1...78&t=111778

I wanted to post my own personal thoughts on the passing away of Bhai Gian Singh Surjit. I always have fond memories of Bhai Gian Singh visiting the gurdwara in Slough many times especially at New Years Eve.

He would always carry out his kirtan with such passion that the whole gurdwara would sit up and listen. He was a good friend of my late uncle and when Bhai Gian Singh Surjit came to our house on the day of the funeral it was of great strength to all of us and his shabad and his recollection of a story when he first met my uncle in Rajistan almost 45 years ago meant so much to us.

A very sad day for all of us who had known Bhai Gian Singh Surjit.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
A very sad day for all of us who had known Bhai Gian Singh Surjit.

Sad???? Why be sad when he has become light of Akal Purakh. When people would sit up and listen was the grace from all the other Gurmukhs before his time and now he has become that grace also. So the next time you feel Kirtan know that he is apart of that feeling. Waheguru is the greatest

(The thing I remembered most about Gurdwara today)

"Kabeer and Waheguru have become One. No one can tell them apart." SGGS

(Same with Khalsa Sahib Ji, He and Waheguru have become one and no one can tell them apart)

Its sad to see all the nonAmritdaris die because they all thought they were smart until their chance was over.

where do i start.... i heard the news yesterday and i still can not believe it.. gian singh surjeet has been a part of mine life since i was born hes always been around.. he taught me kirtan and he was always there to do kirtan at any of our funtions.. and now to think hes not going to be comin.. ill never see him again is unbelievable and hard to bare..

but too look on the poitive side it is not a time to be sad because he gave us so much.. not just to me but a lot of other people here hes taught alot of people kirtan and the rest who didnt learn from him heard him and he gave us soo much.. he had so much dedication so much gian that we will all miss him but he will always be in our hearts...

im happy that i have known him personally and that i have his lessons that he taught me inside me.. i will never forget him and i dont think anyone else will either .. rest in peace ..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The leaving of Gian Singh Jee is a great loss to the Panth. He was an UnThak Sevadaar, always doing his best to serve his fellow GurSikhs.

I remember, about 2 months ago, he came to our local Guroo Ghar, and the Dhadhi Parsang was about how it was time for us to wake up and live to the Asoools of Guroo Sahib's Sikhi. His Saathis were packing their instruments away, and Gian Singh Jee had the enthusiasm, as always, to carry on with another Vaar. He told his Saathis to carry on, and the Parsang he sang was about the threats to Sikhi today, including the RSS. However, his message to the Sangat was to adopt Khalsa rehni-behni, and that, despite all the efforts of Panthic-Dushts, Khalsa would never be defeated as long as we be faithful to Guroo Sahib's teachings.

Such an inspiration to his students, the orphans in the trust in India, and everyone else today, and especially in the dark days after June 1984. His presence will be sorely missed.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Funeral was today , here's a link which gives some pictures and further information on the charitable work Giani Jee carried out as well as kirtan seva. I was at the funeral today and all I could hear from speech after speech was that this person had every gun (quality) that SSGS preaches to us.

http://www.littleblindpeople.com/