Pray to whom?

Ryu Hayabusa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

oh, good question, well in my view...the Guru Granth Sahib is god....so........we are praying to god.

well thats my view anyway.

anyone else?

I through that Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru and holds all the messages from Waheguru. I may be wrong, could some one please explain this.

Well as far as my understanding goes ( and it does not go too far ) There is a slight distinction between Guru and Waheguru. Gurus were the messengers of waheguru and finally merged into waheuguru . All the messages of waheguru ji can now be obtained through Guru Granth sahib ji.

From Guru Nanak dev ji to Guru Gobind singh ji , No guru ever said that we should worship them. We should only worship waheguru.

Its a bit like Life really. If we want a good job then you have to do as your teachers say otherwise we will end up working in supermarkets.Same way if we want a place at waheguru ji's darbar we need to do as the Guru ji's have said in SGGS otherwise

we will end up getting caught in the 84 lakh joons.

We ask for reference/ letter of recommendation from the teacher when we apply for a job, we do ardas before SGGS to help us with particular matter.

I've heard many different things: When we do Ardaas do we pray to Waheguru? Or do we pray to Sri Guru Granth Sahib? Or do we pray to Sri Guru Granth Sahib to deliver our prayer to Waheguru?

I think it can be both.

I've heard many different things: When we do Ardaas do we pray to Waheguru? Or do we pray to Sri Guru Granth Sahib? Or do we pray to Sri Guru Granth Sahib to deliver our prayer to Waheguru?

Ardaas, a Prayer is done towards Waheguru himself. If you carefully hear the Ardaas, we are asking Waheguru to bless us. We are remembering the Shaheeds, we are remembering the mothers who had their children cut into pieces and placed them into their laps. But along with remembering at the End of each Paragraph we say Waheguru waheguru. It is all his praise. We are remembering the courage that Waheguru blessed them with. In the Presence of our Guru we do ardaas to waheguru. In the end we ask Waheguru to bless us with his name and to bless us with those who when we meet the rememberence of him is sparked in our minds.

In my views we are doing Ardaas to waheguru in the Presence of our Guru.

Nanak Subh Tayree Vuday-a-ee

Koi Naaoun Naa Ja Nay mayra.

Waheguru

Ardaas, a Prayer is done towards Waheguru himself. If you carefully hear the Ardaas, we are asking Waheguru to bless us. We are remembering the Shaheeds, we are remembering the mothers who had their children cut into pieces and placed them into their laps. But along with remembering at the End of each Paragraph we say Waheguru waheguru. It is all his praise. We are remembering the courage that Waheguru blessed them with. In the Presence of our Guru we do ardaas to waheguru. In the end we ask Waheguru to bless us with his name and to bless us with those who when we meet the rememberence of him is sparked in our minds.

In my views we are doing Ardaas to waheguru in the Presence of our Guru.

Waheguru

So we do have to be in the presence of Sri guru Granth Sahib to d

o Ardaas?

In my views we are doing Ardaas to waheguru in the Pr

esence of our Guru.

Waheguru

So we do have to be in the presence of Sri guru Granth Sahib to do Ardaas?

This is how i see it as, altho i claim nothing on this to be the absolute truth, they are just thought put together.

Well it depends on If there is a difference between the Ardaas and the prayer which you do when going to sleep.

When Doing Ardaas in the presence of the Guru, the guru becomes a Medium that channels our energies into the right direction. We become more centered when doing ardaas in the Gurus presence.

If you think about it when you read the Rehraas sahib at your home and all you have is the gutka with you. The Bani of the Guru is there but not the Whole Saroop of our guru, but the ardaas is still done. So taking that into consideration if bani can be uttered anywhere thru memory then as can be ardaas.

So your question if we have to be in the physical presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib to do ardaas then IN MY OPINION No (opinions are bound to change). Guru is the Bani, and Bani can be uttered anywhere.

When the Groom comes to the Brides home, Ardaas is done there at the meetings of 2 houses. Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not present physically, but it is present there in the minds and hearts.

In the beginning of the Ardaas we call upon all of our Gurus, we say their names for a reason right. To aid us in this Ardaas, We call upon them to pay homage, we speak of our history, we ask for guidence, we ask for blessing thru our guru. We ask for their presence. I see the physical presence of our guru is more effective than the guru as a thought in our minds and memory, but that depends on ones devotion.

i hope that makes sense. I am no expert in this, perhaps someone can give you a rehatnama which might expl

ain this better.