Take Off My Dastaar For A Job?

wjkk wjkf

Fateh JI!

I live in an area where there are barely any asians, and the asians there are, are Nepalese (due to british Gurka regiment); I wear a dastaar and have been applying for jobs since May and still havent managed to get one ( I get to interview and am turned away afterwards)..My dad is under the impression it's cos of my dastaar; he feels if I take it off,I have a better a chance; like my younger (dastaarless) bro. But I don't want to take it off to get a job like my grandparents had to do waaaay back; if anyone has some input they can give me to get around this I would be thankful...I really need a job and my Dads putting me under a lot of pressure, and i know soon he won't give me choice about my dastaar...I live In Surrey UK (just a county away from Middlesex...it's like 20mins by car to Hounslow- for those of you who feel it dont exist! hehe) Help would be muchly appreciated!

pray.gif Waheguru Ji

Fateh JI!

I live in an area where there are barely any asians, and the asians there are, are Nepalese (due to british Gurka regiment); I wear a dastaar and have been applying for jobs since May and still havent managed to get one ( I get to interview and am turned away afterwards)..My dad is under the impression it's cos of my dastaar; he feels if I take it off,I have a better a chance; like my younger (dastaarless) bro. But I don't want to take it off to get a job like my grandparents had to do waaaay back; if anyone has some input they can give me to get around this I would be thankful...I really need a job and my Dads putting me under a lot of pressure, and i know soon he won't give me choice about my dastaar...I live In Surrey UK (just a county away from Middlesex...it's like 20mins by car to Hounslow- for those of you who feel it dont exist! hehe) Help would be muchly appreciated!

pray.gif Waheguru Ji

1) Never ever think of taking your "dastar" off for anyone, not even your parents, no no!

2) Try and find companies that promote equal opportunities

3) Seek careers advice

4) Try and seek a job in education, i work in education, they do promote stong equal opportunity

Bhai Sahib what job are you wanting?

Dont give up your faith for sake of not getting job, look what our Guru jis went through

I would rather see your head removed from your body, then see you take your dastaar off. Now, as far as job searching is considered. Are you willing to relocate? Why don't you start finding jobs in other cities where there is Sikh population. Also, if you can afford it, try relocating to a different city, it gives you change, and also you learn new things on your own. If that does not work, then go to Employment Services office in your city, and ask them for help in finding a job, tell them about your situation. Ask in your ardas everyday from Akal Purakh that you need his assistance. I guarantee you everything will be alright.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD LLLLLLLLLLUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK! :TH:

Fateh JI!

pray.gif Waheguru Ji

dont take your dastaar off. sikhi should never be sacrificed. you will find a way if you do ardas.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Don't take off your Dastaar. Have full faith in Waheguroo, and do ardaas to Maharaaj with even more intensity/concentration.

Sometimes these issues arise as a test of our faith. If you pass this test, Maharaaj will guaranteed give you a job which is much better for you than the ones that you've already applied for.

These are easy words from me, may Maharaaj bless you with strength to stay on the Guroo's path.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Let me tell you story, When I got out of university I had odd jobs here an there, I looked up this advert in newspaper, about being a tutor for a college, and I said no I can never do such thing, especially with the skills I got and who I am, having a dastar and a supporting a beard, anyway my father said look just apply for it and the rest is up to him.

I applied for this job that was demanding good experience and skills, anyhow I go the interview, there were 6 people in the room to be interviewed and I was the last one left, I was so nervous, and near to the end I prayed, I said Baba ji, ang sang rehna please, I need your help. The voice came saying "putra chardi kala howegi, fikar nah kar", saw Guru ji wiping his chera, and I became happy, got called to the interview room, I dont know where and how I portrayed myself and what I said, they all were amazed. Ok the interview finished and I shaked their hands and went, I got in the car, felt nah they wont give me the job because of who I am, well I was about to leave their car park and telephone call came, they said "Mr Singh" can you start on the monday please, I just started busting out in tears and I said "Guru ji, its true you are always with the one who remembers you"

Trust in him, he will guide you, you stay in there fellow brother.

:TH:

Hardeep__singh, wwoooow! that's a great story. Amazing

ibrQI kdy n hoveI jn kI Ardwis ]

birathhee kadhae n hovee jan kee aradhaas ||

The prayer of the Lord's humble servant is never offered in vain.

naanak jor govi(n)dh kaa pooran gunathaas ||2||13||77||

Nanak takes the strength of the Perfect Lord of the Universe, the treasure of excellence. ||2||13||77||

wjkk wjkf, please keep faith in Vaheguru to find you the best job, also post what you type of job ur looking for and experience, sangat may be able to help...

Fateh JI!

pray.gif Waheguru Ji

What is your background, skills? What kind of job are you looking for? It's possible that you're not meant to work for others, rather you're meant to have others work for you.

LOL! OK i feel i should let people in on something...I"m 17 - but that doesn't matter to Dad cos I'm eligable to get a good job at this age (whilst in College) to him. My younger bro of 16's got a job...I can't relocate (as much as I'd love to) and there's definately no waaay(now I think about it) that i'll take my dastaar off...I'll probably move out and live somewhere else if it comes to that....but I dont think Dad'l let it...

I'm looking for any job that'll pay :@ I haven't had much experience (cos of my age) and I really nead this because of some things that have been happening; so it would be great to have the money :D

BTW people...I'm a kaur <_<

LOL! OK i feel i should let people in on something...I"m 17 - but that doesn't matter to Dad cos I'm eligable to get a good job at this age (whilst in College) to him. My younger bro of 16's got a job...I can't relocate (as much as I'd love to) and there's definately no waaay(now I think about it) that i'll take my dastaar off...I'll probably move out and live somewhere else if it comes to that....but I dont think Dad'l let it...

I'm looking for any job that'll pay :@ I haven't had much experience (cos of my age) and I really nead this because of some things that have been happening; so it would be great to have the money :D

BTW people...I'm a kaur <_<

Gurfateh ji

gr8 to know that being a Kaur, u sporting a dastaar ji! well i dun think u need anymore suggestions & any better example than the ones everyones given esp. Hardeep ji's!

have faith in Guru Maharaj n He alone shall take care of u. i understand this is a real testing time n others too like u have to pass it!

all the best n when u get a job, with the saroop ur blessed with, do post!

Guru rakha pray.gif