Rehit?

Guest (no name)

“Khalsa” Fauj,

On one hand you are saying I have no right to talk because I don’t accept SGPC maryada 100% but at the same time you go against it as well but don’t see any problem with it. The Sikh Rehit Maryada says clearly that Vahiguru is the Gurmantar and

Article IV

1. A Sikh should wake up in the ambrosial hours (three hours before the dawn), take bath and, concentrating his/her thoughts on One Immortal Being, repeat the name Waheguru (Wondrous Destroyer of darkness).

The Sikh Rehit Maryada is ordering you to repeat one word. If you believe in it so much then why are you rejecting it here? You are trying to split the Panth?

As for your question,

How about Bhai Randhir Singh? When he was writing his books, was he jupping Waheguru Waheguru?

If not then, there is no way possible to jupp Waheguru 24/7. Thus no kirtee person can follow this.

Yes he was japing naam every single instant. This is where I wish you would open your eyes and see what Gurmat is really about. Naam is something that is taught to the abhilakhi and a method is taught to put it on the breaths so that it becomes automatic. A Gursikh is able to make naam go automatically without any effort on every single breath. Gurbani talks about this avastha as well many times as ajapaa jaap or svaas svaas simran. Doing something like writing or anything else while doing naam abhyaas is pretty easy actually. I don’t blame you for not knowing about this. I wish you would meet some Gursikhs who are abhyaasi and then it would be more believable for you.

Like I said, Guru Nanak Ji also said to naam jupnaa. Show me one place in Gurbani where Guru Nanak Devi Ji used the word Waheguru. If not, then I will accept that your Guru is Bhai Randhir Singh.

Naam is kept gupt in Bani. This is why it has not been used by any Guru Sahib. But to note, it still appears in Bhaatan Day Savaiyay. Naam is not given openly in bani at all. You cannot get Gurmantar without getting initiated through amrit. That’s why in Bani we have tuks like:

ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਪਦੁ ਊਤਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਾਝਾ ॥

ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਝਾ ॥੨॥

And

ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥

If naam is bani then why is there the benti to make it “pargaas” ie. reveal it? It’s already revealed if it’s bani! But because naam is gupt the abhilakhi must ask Guru Sahib to reveal it and the price for this is your head which is taken at amrit sinchaar.

Your list of Bhagats doesn’t make sense. Bhagat Ramanand is known as Bhagat Kabir jee’s Guru and Bhagat Kabir jee definitely met Guru Nanak. So how could Bhagat Ramanand be so much before Guru Nanak? Or take Bhagat Ravidas. He was Mira Bai’s Guru but she was contemporary of the Gurus so how could Bhagat Ravidas not be as well?

The janamsakhis all say that the Bhagats were Sikhs of Guru Nanak. The Goindval Pothis, when they have Bhagat Bani say, “Bhagat Babay Kay” along with the name of the Bhagats. Meaning they were disciples of Guru Sahib.

Then for the tuk “Vahiguru gurmantar hai jap haumai khoee” you have given the following spectacular meaning:

Wahe (Great) Guru (Guru) which is Gurbani is the Gurmantar.

Let’s analyse that a bit. Vahi (Wow! Or expression of Ascharj) Guru (Enlightener) is the Gurmantar, meditating on which one loses ego.

You said “which is Gurbani”. It makes no sense at all to say Wow Guru is the Gurmantar. How can the Guru be the Guru’s Mantar. The Guru is the Guru! Unfortunately the only person you are fooling with this concocted meaning is yourself. Can you find even ONE other scholar or anyone else who agrees with your translation?

If we go with your translation, then Vahiguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vahiguru jee kee Fateh doesn’t mean that the Khalsa belongs to God, but it means Khalsa belongs to Gurbani? Does that make any sense?

At any rate, the Akal Takhat Maryada makes it clear that the word “Vahiguru” is the Gurmantar. How will you reject that?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paapi yaar aarth gult kuree jaana!

Wahe (Great) Guru (Guru) which is Gurbani is the Gurmantar.

Rest you got right.

arth mai nee ketay. i cant i dont know enough. i got this from STTM

What do you mean the list of Bhagats doesn't make sence? Those are borth dates, not death dates dude.

Why don't you just admit the facts? Other than that, I don't give 2 cents about derawalas. They are not even Sikhs according to us. Rehat marayada says repeat Waheguru in the morning and doesn't say how long. I have posted this before too that it is good to recite Waheguru to get the brain going in the early morning. If you need to repeat one word all to to get you brain going. Your brain isn't working. Get a medical checkup. According to you guys:

Prof. Sahib Singh = excommunicated

Prof. Gurmukh Singh = excommuncated

Giani Dit Singh = excommunicated

All of Shaheed Sikh missionary College and its associates = excommunicated

Ever wonder why it is called Shahhed Sikh?

You guys ask where were missionaries during 84? They were arrested tortured and killed.

However, where were you derawalas and jathawalas when mahant narainu was doing his gundaa activities? They were there and did nothing because they were buddies. Even now, what are your jathas doing against Ashutosh or Bhunaarawala? Singhs from Khalsa Panchayat were promised by mehta chownkians that they will support them against ashutosh but backed off in the morning. Khalsa Panchayat guys were the ones who took the bullets.

Parwinderpal Singh Buttar is the guy in that GursikhiJeevan.com video

Lets analyze what he says:

# 1

He says there are rehatnamas by GurSikhs which tell us what to do so there is no need for rehat maryada.

- Maybe he didn't know or is deliberately trying to fool the innocent Sangat into his mumutt propaganda. There is no credible rehatnama, some rehatnamas say to kill non Sikhs. Some say not to wear red. Some say not to wear green. Some say it is okay to drink alcohol. Some say it is wrong to kill a cow. The bottom line is that the rehatnamas are not original and have been infiltrated with or were written later. It is very possible that the copier included his views in it too. Maybe he doesn't know but all rehatnamas say no kuttha. According to him, since rehatnamas are there, why did his dera have to make a maryada?

He says Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha wasn't present at the meetings.

Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha was busy completing his work and doing other things. Also, he died in 1938.

The list given by SGPC is very big and it includes Bhai Randhir Singh.

Everyone doesn't have to show up to every meeting. Panth implemented the marayda as it is. Everyone must accept it. Read on Bhagats and see when they were born and when they died and when mira bai came along and stuff. It is good to read writers other than SatGuru Randhir Singh.

Rehat marayda says about 5 Kakkars and some Kakkars. Rehatnamas, Hukamnamas, and history mentions 5 Kakkars. If you want to point a finger at 5 kakkars to prove Randhir Singh right, then your choice. All these writers and scholars and saads were after fame and looks like they got it.

What happened to the Gurbani Viarakaran when it comes to Waheguru Gurmantar Hai?

Wahe has a sihaaree. You know what that means?

I have posted this before too that it is good to recite Waheguru to get the brain going in the early morning. If you need to repeat one word all to to get you brain going. Your brain isn't working. Get a medical checkup.

According the the rehit maryada, the word "Vahiguru" is Gurmantar. The WORD. Do you accept that or not? You have previously not accepted it.

Rehat marayda says about 5 Kakkars and some Kakkars. Rehatnamas, Hukamnamas, and history mentions 5 Kakkars. If you want to point a finger at 5 kakkars to prove Randhir Singh right, then your choice. All these writers and scholars and saads were after fame and looks like they got it.

I said it before and I'll say it again: find me ONE rehitnama that uses the word "kakaar". Go ahead. There isn't one.

What happened to the Gurbani Viarakaran when it comes to Waheguru Gurmantar Hai?

Wahe has a sihaaree. You know what that means?

Every single time, your points get refuted and you come out with new stuff. The sihari in Vahiguru is to produce the word. It has no grammatical significance. What grammatical significance could it have? The sihari can mean "through, by" , and that too when it's at the end of a word, not the middle. Vahiguru is a single word with the sihari in the middle and so your whole theory falls flat.

Are you sure? Who taught you Gurbani viakaran? Did you get it from SGPC run Shaheed Sikh Missionary College?

No point got refuted.

Sheikh Fareed is still there.

Other Bhagats are still there.

If you had spent time reading Gurbani instead of Randy Singh, you would know better. Also, I recommend cutting down on the Mantar jaap and focus on Gurbani. When did I say don't Jupp Waheguru? I said not to say it is to be done 24/7. It says do it in the morning also. Not 24/7. Do you even understand what the marayda says? Are are you flying and clinged to the roof?

They are called Kakkar because they start with Kukka. If you don't like the word kakkar, then you can use Nishanee.

Also, I am calm and cooling.

However, me, you can't be fooling.

I prob. got more inside info on Bhai Randhir Singh than any of you guys here.

The Panthic Rehit Maryada says that the word "Vahiguru" is Gurmantar. Do you accept this or not?

Where did YOU get taught Viakaran? You seem to have no idea what you're talking about. Either make your point about the sihari or just drop it because you don't make any sense.

I've posted a long article on why Bhagat Farid that is in Guru Granth Sahib is a Sikh of Guru Nanak. Either challenge and refute it or lose on this point as well.

Finally you keep saying kakaars are mentioned in rehitnamas and hukumnamas. My challenge remains: find me a single authentic reference.

You have hit a new low by calling a Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh, a Gursikh honoured by every Takhat "Randy Singh". When you spit at the moon, you know what happens.

Also, I am calm and cooling.

However, me, you can't be fooling.

Oh-kay.....if you say so :D

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!

Seriously khalsa Fauj bai.. you make me laugh now...singh132 is debating wid you and all you are doing is disrespecting a person..who was honored by the akal takht ....

as far as your gurbani gyan is concerned ,..i hope you remember the day i pmed you..do you ??

either debate properly or just dont let u'r EGO harm you veer.

Bhul chuk Maaf.

GUR FATEH!!

Prof. Gurtej Singh also got honored by Akaal Takht. These guys disrespect him 24/7. No one asks these guys. Yes, I agree with Akaal Takht marayda that Waheguru is Gurmantar. When did I say it is not? He bashed me by calling me some kid from some University. General Dyer or O'Dwaye whatever his name was also got honored by AKaal Takht. As for BHagat Farid being Farid Saani, read his bani and you will know. I can post the tukhs from his Bani to refute those claims but I want you to read the Bani and not post tukhs.

s133k_s1kh, I understand what you mean but Panth is more important to me than 1 Jatha or person. If I need to expose someone and put someone down for Panth, I will. Even if I have to put down a family member for Panth, I will. I cannot accept those people who launch their own maryada against the Akaal Takht one. Doesn't matter what their status is. Many people are Gurmukhs at the beginning but one of the 5 doots takes over and destroys them. If I launched my own maryada against the Akaal Takht one, then blame me and I will stop posting here. When the person asked for rehat, I reffered the person to the Akaal Takht one while these guys kept dissing it saying it is false and stuff. Then how can this person question me on the Akaal Takht maryada? Did I ever post before in a thread about Gurmantar and say it is not? I don't questions Gurmantar. This dude made false allegations on me so I just budlaa lia by saying Randy Singh to Bhai Randhir Singh. This person doesn't follow Akaal Takht maryada, however picks and chooses when he needs to and then says that those who don't agree with Bhai Randhir SIngh aren't Sikhs. There is an issue. I ain't a stupid baman who will get disrespected and just sit down. Babbar Akali here. Nothing to do with ego but to do with Self Respect. There is no more debating properly here. He doesn't listen. He doesn't read Gurbani and brings some scholar into it. Read all the Shabads/Sloaks of Bhagat Sheikh Farid Ji and then say if he did Jaap of Waheguru or not. Reading and understanding Sidh Gost is also important.

There were 22 munjis before. Now there are more that 5000. Some are big fish and some are small. Take down the big fish and small ones will vanish themselves.

Who is responsible for the loss of faith in Sikhi in Punjab?

Deras and jathas preaching their own thing.

Who was responsible for these deras and jathas? The starters of these jathas. So did they do more harm or more good?

Everyone is making their own maryadas and people are losing faith as they are confused and then they say forget it.

He says Ibrahim Sani used Farid because was descendent of Sheikh Farid. What does that mean? That means he was follower of Sheikh Farid. Thus it has nothing to do with Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

And if he realized the truth when he met Guru Nanak, then why did he use Farid?

People like Singh132 are bust promoting Sarabloh and Bhai Randhir Singh while nihungs and saads are busy holding smagams to give Suruship to Dasam Granth which includes tria chariter which is kanjar kavita. What can be done about these types of figures? I don't get milk by posting here and spending my time. I can be reading Gurbani and doing better things but Panth is more important to me. Singh132, can you fly to the roof? How about feed me live roti from Ottawa?

Leave the Pakhand.

I know my statements seem like those of an egomaniac but it has nothing to do with ego. If I were to promote myself, I would just go to Punjab, wear a white chola, forget about the pajama/pant. Tie and white Dastar, collect some people, make them act as chelas, tell them to promote me, and make cash and boost ego.

Ever heard of Baba Harnam Singh Kamagatamaru?

He knew Bhai Randhir Singh very well, they were together in jail and knew each other very well. They were even honored by the indian government together after 1947. Three persons were honored:

They were:

Harnam Singh Kamagatamaru

Bhai Randhir Singh

Nidhaan Singh

And Baba Harnam Singh Kamagatamaru = My dad's grandfather.

Bhai Randhir Singh didn't show up the meetings to make the maryada so what does that tell about him and what does that tell about his loyalty to Panth?

As for Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha. He was present at the first meeting but he died in 1938. If he had lived longer or if Prof. Gurmukh Singh or Gyani Dit Singh had lived longer, maybe some of the issues that aride today would have been solved completely to not rise again.

I posted the birth dates of Bhagats, now find out their departure dates and see if who followed who makes sence.

As for the PM from you s133k, i made a mistake and should have looked up the exact tukh before posting. I admiited the mistake and changed the post. I never said I don't make mistakes and I don't try to justify mistakes by going against fact.