2007 Panjab Election

Nirvair S Khalsa

2007 Panjab Election  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following three main Political Parties do you think will come to power in the 2007 Panjab Election?

• Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal)
    • The Congress (Captain)
    • A Third Front united under the Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar-Mann)
    • Other (Please State Below)
    • Not sure - Too early to make a choice

Base your personal choice on the following:

-Recent trips to Panjab

-News and reports of current political atmosphere

-History of events and actions in political affairs

-Hearsay and talk

Please note that this choice must not automatically be who you support or who you desire to control the

Panjab Cabinet, but a realistic selection based on the above factors.

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Though i would love mann party to win to but in reality SAD (A) don't have any chance to win the upcoming polls.

I am guessing that badal gunda will win this election (the way i see him and his party doing promoting their party around punjab).

Amarinder did very nice projects during his time and it will be great for punjab if he wins again but the chances are short.

The best deal will be if Amrinder and his brother-in-law Simranjit singh mann get together (Which is not possible) and fight for the united punjab and keep the anti-sikh forces like BJP and badal out of punjab...

Though i would love mann party to win to but in reality SAD (A) don't have any chance to win the upcoming polls.

I am guessing that badal gunda will win this election (the way i see him and his party doing promoting their party around punjab).

Amarinder did very nice projects during his time and it will be great for punjab if he wins again but the chances are short.

The best deal will be if Amrinder and his brother-in-law Simranjit singh mann get together (Which is not possible) and fight for the united punjab and keep the anti-sikh forces like BJP and badal out of punjab...

Thats all very true....

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!

The voting system on this thread is UNJUST :D :@ . When this thread is about Punjab Elections we should be given the right to vote atleast 10 times for our lovable and endearing Parkash Singh Badal UNCLE rolleyes.gif .

I hope Badal does not get in. With his previous BJP allies in control at the centre he failed to do anything for Punjab so can you imagine what will happen with a Congress central sarkar.

Also I visited Punjab about a year before Badal lost the last elections and can remember how people were totally fed up with him. I even met some distant relatives who were members of the Badal Dal and even they were saying at the time that Badal would never be CM again as he had seriously mucked up.

One thing that will be good to see if Badal gets in is how he treats Captain. Badal has said that he will order raids etc against Captain in revenge for Captains campaign against Badal. Only thing is (although Captain has never himself made an issue of it) that Captains forefathers have a signed Hukumnama from Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj which states "....Your house is my refuge....". Will Badal attack the house where Guru Ji resides. GOing by his background Badal will be intent on revenge.

Extract from article:

In Punjab, the situation is critical for the Congress and the pattern emerging for the 117-member Assembly is changing rather quickly in favour of the Akali Dal. My earlier assessment was a close fight, but the Congress may well be heading for a rout and estimates of the tally vary from 20 to 30 seats. The Congress has a tradition of internal dissent - Akali Dal, too, has a similar problem - but the assessment of 30 seats comes from the party's hard-core loyalists, and this is disturbing.

The BJP has a limited role in Punjab, but it has a superstar in Navjot Singh Sidhu. BJP's Vinod Khanna has won three hard-fought elections against a formidable opponent - Congress's Sukhbans Kaur who is currently in the Rajya Sabha - and he will have a role to play in his area. Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh is under siege. Let us hope we will not witness a series of future vendettas if the Government changes.

A more detailed survey is necessary, but things look difficult for the Congress and can worsen if the BSP contests the election. Akali Dal's Sukhbir Singh Badal will spearhead the campaign and will be the favourite to occupy the Chief Minister's chair. The last election had seen the Akali Dal split between GS Tohra and Parkash Singh Badal. The Congress won that poll but suffered a setback in the Lok Sabha election. In view of the anti-incumbency trend of the last two years, the Akali Dal and the BJP may win by a decisive margin.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnist1.asp...mp;writer=nehru

Navjot Sidhu is nothing but a "TV BOY" who loves to be the center of the attention in front of media. The only thing he got is that he has good personality to speak and do action in front of media which other leaders lacks. He is the media/poster boy for the BJP and Badal in punjab.

Mann is good SIKH which means every sikh of punjab should vote for him. He sacrificed lots many things in his life for the Sikh community. The down point is that he needs to compromise a bit with other ppl and should be open to listen to other communities. He should reach hindu community as NOT every hindu is related to RSS or bad to Punjab. He needs to play political game by not realeasing everything in his public speech (some things are meant to be open in front of public). And never ever boycott the elections which cost sikhs heavy price in early 90's by having Beanta the CM who brought killings of youth all around punjab.

Badal family is well known as choor and majority of the naive villagers of punjab think that if the party changes.. it brings them positive changes (which is true but for the short time).. At the end it's the ppl who choose their leaders... so leaders need to impress the public... Badal gonna die sooner or later but what i see is that he wants to enjoy his retirement by making mini badal (sukhbir) the next big politician of Punjab.

• 1 month later...

Fateh jee

There aren't many chances for mann to win. Badal and BJP party united so obviously it will be badal dal. Congress wont be seen in punjab for a while. BJP might take over with badal. Mann has very less chances, even if majority votes for mann.