Converting To Sikhi

After i had an argument with them about converting or adapting to the sikh life i told some of my friends. They said that it was Vaaheguroo telling me not to be a sikh just yet.

vaheguroo would never want this. vaheguroo wants to take u into his sharn, its not that vaheguroo doesnt want you to become a sikh, he's testing you to see if these obsticals will stop you. dont let advice like that put you off, realise that its God thats telling you to come onto this path. its out of ur own determination and love that will carry you through

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Pritam Singh Khalsa?

HE's been through the same thing.

WHERES PRITAM

Just some words of encouragement.

I know we will probably never meet, but along with all the other sikhs on this forum, we are always with you in spirit. if people shun you, say bad things about your choices or your looks then just remember two things:-

cha(n)giaaeeaa buriaaeeaa vaachai dhharam hadhoor ||

Good deeds and bad deeds-the record is read out in the Presence of the Lord of Dharma.

karamee aapo aapanee kae naerrai kae dhoor ||

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

also

what better way to look than looking like your Guru.

All the best for the future

(another Singh rises) :e:

Thank you, thank you for your encouragement and advice i really appreciate it. I know theres a tough road ahead but hopefully Vaheguroo will allow me to initate into his khalsa.

I will make steps to the Lord and he will make 1000 to me, i am slowly becoming a vegetarian but i can't make it too obvious yet that my beliefs are stronger than ever.

Many thanks Khalsa123 WJJK WJKF :T:

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

If you are a Sikh then you are a Sikh. Thats like your parents saying youre not human, so its up to your mind to decide not your parents mind. I am shunned but I dont care. Love of God is more powerful than that of which my parents can summon up to give.

All the bani I read is basically word for word of what I needed and wanted to know. I felt that Sikhi fills my cup and lets it overflow. Religion is meant for a relationship with God, and not meant for a relationship with your religion. You dont need approval to worship Waheguru. After a while people started to see that I was still the same kind of guy,and the only difference was I was more patient,happy,etc and they like to chill out sometimes. Peer pressure from my peers or my parents has zero effect. Gurbani has total effect. Others are just ignorant and dont want to be proved wrong, so they get defensive, nervous and anti. Let them whirl in a cycle why you break that chain. Only the rare with emerge at the end, and since you will have to work hard to get what you want to achieve then you have a better drive than alot of idle(stuck in nuetral) Sikhs and might have the oppritamity to achieve mukti. It only matters if your going to make it matter. Other than that if you follow what others do instead of doing what your "gut feeling" is telling you, you will end up back at the beginning. SO only do what your soul is telling you to do. Dont care for the public opinion, some Sikhs even qualify as just public opinion. Alot will try to mislead you. It would be cool to help you if you didnt live a few thousand-island miles away :D

I dont know any other white Sikhs also. But Waheguru showers grace and will start to shower alot more frequently in the future, so until then I can only learn and once that point arrives then I still have the chance to learn further unless I was blessed to become Shaheed for that to happen. I could not die in this life without Amrit, and now I can die at any time and will have at least achieved the lowest point of my destiny. Before Amrit I was greedy with my life, and now I am waiting to be shown the way I will go with the rest of my life. Just dont overlook each day. You can expire at any moment, most others think they will die at 100, until someone in their family dies and they are grieving and cant handle a death in the family. If the person that died lived a truthful and holy life then why would one tear be shed other than from your greed of wanting more of their presence, when you should have used that chance while you had it so you have no regrets,obviously you will feel love and have hurt feelings but thats when gurbani, kirtan and Waheguru come to help the true Sikhs. Only Waheguru is real the rest are detourants a.e family,possesions,material, etc. Sikhi is how you program your mind to see the bigger picture a.e we are micro ants trying to contemplate a birds eye view. We all have the same tools, but some are ignorant and think you can walk into a rocket lab and build something for n.a.s.a. without working their way up, and then give up after no miracle happened at their requests. If you are a Sikh no matter what then get a good education so that you can get hired with a turban because you have skills a company needs and not like in my case were they expect conformity, which makes it to were I barely can manage with fews days of work here and there.

Being a Sikh in your sitch means you are the opposite of shy to society. :TH:

------------------------------------------------------

krm KMf kI bwxI joru ]

karam khandd kee baanee jor ||

In the realm of karma, the Word is Power.

3 Jap Guru Nanak Dev

iqQY horu n koeI horu ]

thithhai hor n koee hor ||

No one else dwells there,

3 Jap Guru Nanak Dev

iqQY joD mhwbl sUr ]

thithhai jodhh mehaabal soor ||

except the warriors of great power, the spiritual heroes.

3 Jap Guru Nanak Dev

iqn mih rwmu rihAw BrpUr ]

thin mehi raam rehiaa bharapoor ||

They are totally fulfilled, imbued with the Lord's Essence.

--------------------------------------------------------------

nw hau jqI sqI nhI piVAw mUrK mugDw jnmu BieAw ]

naa ho jathee sathee nehee parriaa moorakh mugadhhaa janam bhaeiaa ||

I am not celibate, nor truthful, nor scholarly. I was born foolish and ignorant into this world.

4 Aasaa Guru Nanak Dev

pRxviq nwnk iqn kI srxw ijn qU nwhI vIsirAw ]2]3]

pranavath naanak thin kee saranaa jin thoo naahee veesariaa ||2||3||

Prays Nanak, I seek the Sanctuary of those who have not forgotten You, O Lord! ||2||3||

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awsw mhlw 5 ]

BeI prwpiq mwnuK dyhurIAw ]

goibMd imlx kI ieh qyrI brIAw ]

Avir kwj qyrY ikqY n kwm ]

imlu swDsMgiq Bju kyvl nwm ]1]

srMjwim lwgu Bvjl qrn kY ]

jnmu ibRQw jwq rMig mwieAw kY ]1] rhwau ]

jpu qpu sMjmu Drmu n kmwieAw ]

syvw swD n jwinAw hir rwieAw ]

khu nwnk hm nIc krMmw ]

srix pry kI rwKhu srmw ]2]4]

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

bhee paraapath maanukh dhaehureeaa ||

This human body has been given to you.

gobindh milan kee eih thaeree bareeaa ||

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

avar kaaj thaerai kithai n kaam ||

Nothing else will work.

mil saadhhasangath bhaj kaeval naam ||1||

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

saranjaam laag bhavajal tharan kai ||

Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.

janam brithhaa jaath rang maaeiaa kai ||1|| rehaao ||

You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause||

jap thap sanjam dhharam n kamaaeiaa ||

I have not practiced meditation, self-discipline, self-restraint or righteous living.

saevaa saadhh n jaaniaa har raaeiaa ||

I have not served the Holy; I have not acknowledged the Lord, my King.

kahu naanak ham neech karanmaa ||

Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!

saran parae kee raakhahu saramaa ||2||4||

O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary; please, preserve my honor! ||2||4||

Guest SarblohKhalsa.Net

khalsa123 were u live ???? in canada???? usa??? dont have to answer this q if u dont want but if u live near me il get u some hook ups i no coupl of white sikhs who r in total chardi kala..... they'll prob relate to u better than me :D

WGJKK WGJKF

Guest SarblohKhalsa.Net

o lol :D

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 649

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

DMnu Dnu Bwg iqnw Bgq jnw jo hir nwmw hir muiK khiqAw ]

dhha(n)n dhhan bhaag thinaa bhagath janaa jo har naamaa har mukh kehathiaa ||

Blessed, blessed is the good fortune of those devotees, who, with their mouths, utter the Name of the Lord.

Dnu Dnu Bwg iqnw sMq jnw jo hir jsu sRvxI suxiqAw ]

dhhan dhhan bhaag thinaa sa(n)th janaa jo har jas sravanee sunathiaa ||

Blessed, blessed is the good fortune of those Saints, who, with their ears, listen to the Lord's Praises.

Dnu Dnu Bwg iqnw swD jnw hir kIrqnu gwie guxI jn bxiqAw ]

dhhan dhhan bhaag thinaa saadhh janaa har keerathan gaae gunee jan banathiaa ||

Blessed, blessed is the good fortune of those holy people, who sing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises, and so become virtuous.

Dnu Dnu Bwg iqnw gurmuKw jo gurisK lY mnu ijxiqAw ]

dhhan dhhan bhaag thinaa guramukhaa jo gurasikh lai man jinathiaa ||

Blessed, blessed is the good fortune of those Gurmukhs, who live as Gursikhs, and conquer their minds.

sB dU vfy Bwg gurisKw ky jo gur crxI isK pViqAw ]18]

sabh dhoo vaddae bhaag gurasikhaa kae jo gur charanee sikh parrathiaa ||18||

But the greatest good fortune of all, is that of the Guru's Sikhs, who fall at the Guru's feet. ||18||

if u need to ask any qz or anythin bout sikhi or any porbz pm me or jus ask 4 ma msn addy il help as best i can brother. :@