What Should You Do If Your Parents Ask You To Cut Your Hair?

move to canada pritam singh, :@ :TH:

I almost want to but I know nothing there. Doesnt living in canada effect your well being?? I heard canadians start to get flannel skin, and mutate other ways, like they start to say the letter "a" at the ends of sentences,instead of money they trade pelts etc :D JK its either the cold or the canadiation emmitted (worse than radiation) :@

LOL.gif ...noo.............Canada is the BOMMMB.....the "a" at the end of each sentences is from the media damit <_< ....

I heard canadians start to get flannel skin

where did u hear that :@grin.gif

anyways ........its not like they can force him to cut his hair.......there pretty stupid to tell him that(cut hair to live a normal life) they need a reality check. :cool:

and like papi said if they forced him phisically....they are getting pap....and ur friend can always grow his kesh bak.

tell his parents too read ardas and understand wat is being said.

if they still dont agree....then those parents r really messed up.

and insted of going bakwards and cutting the kesh....go forward and take amrit(if ur ready)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt Guru Arjan Dev Ji say something on the lines of dont argue the your parents (father) for they(he) raised you :D , so if you argue and keep you hair is that contradicting the teachings or if you dont keep your hair then is that contradicting the teachins im confused <_< @

swrg mhlw 4 Gru 3 dupdw

saarag mehalaa 4 ghar 3 dhupadhaa

Saarang, Fourth Mehla, Third House, Du-Paday:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

kwhy pUq Jgrq hau sMig bwp ]

kaahae pooth jhagarath ho sa(n)g baap ||

O son, why do you argue with your father?

ijn ky jxy bfIry qum hau iqn isau Jgrq pwp ]1] rhwau ]

jin kae janae baddeerae thum ho thin sio jhagarath paap ||1|| rehaao ||

It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause||

ijsu Dn kw qum grbu krq hau so Dnu iksih n Awp ]

jis dhhan kaa thum garab karath ho so dhhan kisehi n aap ||

That wealth, which you are so proud of - that wealth does not belong to anyone.

iKn mih Coif jwie ibiKAw rsu qau lwgY pCuqwp ]1]

khin mehi shhodd jaae bikhiaa ras tho laagai pashhuthaap ||1||

In an instant, you shall have to leave behind all your corrupt pleasures; you shall be left to regret and repent. ||1||

jo qumry pRB hoqy suAwmI hir iqn ky jwphu jwp ]

jo thumarae prabh hothae suaamee har thin kae jaapahu jaap ||

He is God, your Lord and Master - chant the Chant of that Lord.

aupdysu krq nwnk jn qum kau jau sunhu qau jwie sMqwp ]2]1]7]

oupadhaes karath naanak jan thum ko jo sunahu tho jaae sa(n)thaap ||2||1||7||

Servant Nanak spreads the Teachings; if you listen to it, you shall be rid of your pain. ||2||1||7||

guru raam daas ji wrote this shabad addressing his son prithi chand (i think grin.gif )

prithi chand used to take care of the money coming to guru ghar and was after the gurgaddi. he thought since he was the oldest one he was entitled to it. even when guru arjan sahib got guru ship, prithi tried all sorts of things to make trouble for guru sahib. so he was actually causing all sorts of problems, fighting and such. jus a lil background info :@

no body said that he should fight with his parents over this. sit them down and explain to them his reasons behind keeping hair. also, ask them whats the gurantee that by cutting his hair he would get a wicked job and a nice mate.

good luck :TH:

move to canada pritam singh, :@ :TH:

I almost want to but I know nothing there. Doesnt living in canada effect your well being?? I heard canadians start to get flannel skin, and mutate other ways, like they start to say the letter "a" at the ends of sentences,instead of money they trade pelts etc :D JK its either the cold or the canadiation emmitted (worse than radiation) :@

LOL.gif ...noo.............Canada is the BOMMMB.....the "a" at the end of each sentences is from the media damit <_< ....

I heard canadians start to get flannel skin

where did u hear that :@grin.gif

anyways ........its not like they can force him to cut his hair.......there pretty stupid to tell him that(cut hair to live a normal life) they need a reality check. :cool:

and like papi said if they forced him phisically....they are getting pap....and ur friend can always grow his kesh bak.

tell his parents too read ardas and understand wat is being said.

if they still dont agree....then those parents r really messed up.

and insted of going bakwards and cutting the kesh....go forward and take amrit(if ur ready)

na y cousins r from Canada, they all say "a" as well! But is kool...I'm coming canada people! :@pray.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

My cousin(on the run from the law) lives somewhere in Calgary and years ago when he came down(before the crime) he said "a" after almost all of his sentences too a. :D

Whats funny is in callifornia all the mexicans say "a" after all their sentences, either that or essay :@

Didnt Guru Arjan Dev Ji say something on the lines of dont argue the your parents (father) for they(he) raised you :D , so if you argue and keep you hair is that contradicting the teachings or if you dont keep your hair then is that contradicting the teachins im confused :@ @

But Guru Gobind Singh said to keep your hair, so if you don't, aren't you contradicting what he said?

Wjkk Wjkf

umm...yeah...true...because...guru gobind singh ji IS your father....HE said not to cut your kesh...and if you do....that means...you aint listening to your father...your REAL father...lol...and this veerji who going through this trouble...tell him that he should tell his parents why he wants to keep his kesh, why is it important?...trust me...my lil 8 year old brother wanted to keep his kesh and of course i was supporting him, buh my dad was like no, and my bro actually wrote on a piece of paper WHY he WANTS to KEEP HIS KESH....and haha...now he has a lil joorha and wears a patka...ah man he looks cute lol...and yeah...so try that..but he should exactly argue....tell him to sit down with his parents and talk to them calmly....just don't start shouting and swearing and stuff...that won't get him nowhere lol....anyways..enough of that lol...bhul chuk muaff

Wjkk Wjkf

Wjkk Wjkf

If the person really dun wann cut his hair.. he should tell him parents dat he nah wann to... buh nah only dat.. he should tell them WHY.. the significance.. (he should know fa himself too!)... and he shud explain bout all da sacrifices dat were made so dat WE can keep our kesh FREELY today!... jus a simple NO or 'lauffing at your parents' dun help... tha's nah how Sikhs shud do tingz...

everytin has ta be dun wit love..

Blessed Love..!!

Chardi Kalaa..

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

If the person really dun wann cut his hair.. he should tell him parents dat he nah wann to... buh nah only dat.. he should tell them WHY.. the significance.. (he should know fa himself too!)... and he shud explain bout all da sacrifices dat were made so dat WE can keep our kesh FREELY today!... jus a simple NO or 'lauffing at your parents' dun help... tha's nah how Sikhs shud do tingz...

everytin has ta be dun wit love..

Blessed Love..!!

Chardi Kalaa..

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Didnt Guru Arjan Dev Ji say something on the lines of dont argue the your parents (father) for they(he) raised you :D , so if you argue and keep you hair is that contradicting the teachings or if you dont keep your hair then is that contradicting the teachins im confused :@ @

The father there talking about in Gurbani is: Gurdev mata, Gurdev PITA, Gurdev swami parmesara

Guru Ji is your father!

By the way tell your mate to read the story of Hikayat Rai, the answer is in that sakhi