Wedding In Edmonton, Ab

ES1

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji Ke Fateh.....

I just want to bring to the attention of the sangat of something that happened this past Saturday, NOvember 4, 2006.

THeres was a wedding here in Edmonton that took place at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald. Sri GUru Granth Sahib was in the ballroom and the lavan were read there.

THe people who took the saroop to the hotel are not affliated with any Guruwara here and keep a sarroop at their own house.

THis person was a granthi at one of our gurudwaras about 10 years ago but now does programs for people anywhere anytime and does not care baout maryada.

I just found out a few days ago as there are not many singhs in this city. I am going to talk to the 3 gurudwara commities and hopefully they can pursuade this guy not to do it again.

HIs name is Giani Janek Singh and his son's name is Amritpal who plays tabla with him. I can post there information so sangat can call them directly just let me know if you want that.

I am not sure what else to do? any suggestions?

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji Ke Fateh.

wow i hear bout this sort of stuff happening a lot these days, especially in England....

i remember hearing somtime that theres a group of people protesting and stopping these weddings from happening, I think theyre in England.....srry...i cant remember who specificaly....

ill try n find out

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I think instead of trying to talk to the Gurdwara commitees, which usually do not support this kind of thing in Edmonton, talk straight to the Giani. Tell him your concerns and the rehat maryada from akal thakt. Since stuff like this rarely if ever happens here in Edmonton, it could be simple ignorance.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There is a Hukam Namma issued by Akaal Takhat Sahib that states that Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji can not be taken to any club, hotel, bars or banqueting hall. try and get hold of that copy and use the Hukham Namma to stop these baedbi from taking place...I will try and put the copy of the Hukam Namma on net..

Rabb Rakha

Benti to Edmonton Singhs and Singhnias - Control the situation now before it gets out of hand.

Tell the granthi not to do this again and get support for the local Gurdwaras that Maharaj's saroop must never go to hotel, clubs, bars, banqueting halls....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There is a Hukam Namma issued by Akaal Takhat Sahib that states that Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji can not be taken to any club, hotel, bars or banqueting hall. try and get hold of that copy and use the Hukham Namma to stop these baedbi from taking place...I will try and put the copy of the Hukam Namma on net..

Rabb Rakha

Benti to Edmonton Singhs and Singhnias - Control the situation now before it gets out of hand.

Tell the granthi not to do this again and get support for the local Gurdwaras that Maharaj's saroop must never go to hotel, clubs, bars, banqueting halls....

the hukumnama and sandesh can be taken from www.respect4guruji.co.uk

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I looked at the (english translation of) the hukamnama. What it says is that Sri Guru Granth Sahib cannot be whereever meat, alcohol, etc. is served, or any anti-panthic activities like dancing, bhangra, etc. are done.

Am I correct? (My punjabi is not good, so please clarify!)

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!