Predeterminism

singh1986

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Predeterminism vs. free will is the worst thing to get involved in, in my mind.

the concept will never be understood by the human mind, becuase we'll never be able to see the original blueprints about what God wrote for us... i've sat frustrated many times thinking about it, and for me personally, i've decided it's not important. the point is, you're alive right NOW....and you have this next breath you're about to take...what're you gonna do with it?

and no amtter what you end up doing with it (Simran, insult, swear, sing, etc..) , just know that God made you doi t... that it was by His power. Nothing you do is your own power, but that doesn't mean you shuldn't take the initiative to do anything. If it's MEANT TO HAPPEN, then it will happen...

don't let your mind get caught up on these little philosophies. It's probably more important to make sure your mind is focussed on the more important things, like baani, spirituality, so on, so forth... thinking philosophically is okay, but only if you dn't get consumed by it.

Guest s133k_s1kh
so lets say if i decide to go kill , rape torture etc... its god doing it not me??

FATEH!!

Yes its the god making you do evreything...good and bad.. it was god who made you type this post..and think of murder and rape...as you said if you decide ..its not you who decides...its GOD who decides.

Lets say after reading this post...u really decide to murder or torture someone..would u do dat ??? we don't know..GOD could stop you too. This is a very complex thing to understand...at the same time its a very simple concept.

but for me YES every thing is being controlled by him. I don't agree with manmitchera. he said we can change the future. I don't think like that. we can't do anything. If someone says he changed his future by working hard ...IT AGAIN WAS GOD WHO MADE HIM WORK HARD.

Japman said do more important things like understanding bani and doing naam simran. Again if he wants..he'll make you do that. OUR LIFE FOLLOWS A PATTREN AND THIS IS BASED ON OUR KARMA.

This is how i take things. For me yes evrything is predetermined <_< .

Now if he wants me to take shower ...i'll do dat :D :@

GUR FATEH !!

see my opinion is basically this:

our minds aren't complex and intelligent enough to understand it...what our mind does understand is the upcoming breath, the upcoming second, the upcoming minute....our mind CAN fathom that...

we need to understand that in the socpe of our mind and its action, we only KNOW and UNDERSTAND our immediate future. we can tell our mind, "for the next two seconds, sit in silence, and only do simran".... and we can accomplish that..and as we progress spiritually, our mind will slowly say "you know what..i can do three seconds..lets try three seconds"..

That's kinda how it relates into the whole disucssion of ridhi-sidhi..that the truly cahieved and spiritually elevated ones..they ARE psychic..they DO know what they can and won't and will and can't do over a long period of time into the future...they have no need to use that "power", though, becuase ultimately, what's most important is "how are you going to best use the one second ahead of you?"

Yes, everything is predetermined, but it's not good to let our mind fall into that either...cuz...then we could wake up tomorrow morning..skip class....and just say "well..god made me skip"...that turns into a habit, soon you're dropping out cuzza poor marks, and workin the streets hahahahaha...okay, extreme example, maybe, but nevertheless... the point is the same..

basically, as funny as this all sounds, we can't LET our mind fall into the *trap* of inactivity because god made us....

the truth is that GOD DOES MAKE US DO IT ALL... the truth is also that our minds are very weak, and gurbani makes references to our mind being our enemy, (just as much as it does make reference that our mind is our best frined)....

aisa kamm moolai na keechai , jit ant pachhotayeeai

why would guruji tell us "don't do actions that you will regret in the end" if our mind didn't have some sort of capability, and ability to understand our actions, and our current state?

Yes, everything is predetermined, but it's not good to let our mind fall into that either...cuz...then we could wake up tomorrow morning..skip class....and just say "well..god made me skip"...that turns into a habit, soon you're dropping out cuzza poor marks, and workin the streets hahahahaha...okay, extreme example, maybe, but nevertheless... the point is the same..

basically, as funny as this all sounds, we can't LET our mind fall into the *trap* of inactivity because god made us....

the truth is that GOD DOES MAKE US DO IT ALL... the truth is also that our minds are very weak, and gurbani makes references to our mind being our enemy, (just as much as it does make reference that our mind is our best frined)....

aisa kamm moolai na keechai , jit ant pachhotayeeai

why would guruji tell us "don't do actions that you will regret in the end" if our mind didn't have some sort of capability, and ability to understand our actions, and our current state?

:TH:

japmans u read my mind!

if sumone told u to go jump in the river and u cant swim, wud u do as the person says? well its gods will isnt it? No! u can make ur own decisions. ur not gonna let the world determine ur nex actions, or else u wud end up no nowhere(dead, bum on the street etc.). then what is religion 4? it keep u in guidence, keeps u from doing whats not right. if a if a preist came to u and said, folow the path of christ, will u just accpet it as it is gods will? No u wudnt....get what im trying to say

free will means our behaviour...we can behave as we want to.

if we cant do what we want to do, that means we have no free will.

how u behave, depends upon you.

we have the knowledge to mold it, change our selfs, its in our choice.

u can change ur mental enviroment.