Is There A God

g-singh

There is no God.

--is there happiness?--

happiness is a term we made up to define an emotion humans, and other animals experience. Are you saying your definition of God is a made-up word for an emotion that we call "peace of mind", "nirvana". If so, thats a pretty valid answer. But i think the Original Poster is referring to a God that is up in the sky and controls things, not a state of mind/energy force/nirvana.

You can not prove God's existence. It's a leap of faith.

How much faith do you have?

I tend to have zero, and consider myself a man of science/reason.

and god is a term we made to define the inifinite, unfathomable, something that cannot be described.

what if i were to say, that the god that is up in the sky and control things is the same that is also a state of mind/energy force.

but i agree with you on one point tho. we cannot prove the existence of god. but just because you cant prove something, doesnt mean it doesnt exist or is a lie. science does not have ALL the answers

Hm, I do understand what you mean, but it is not satisfactory for me, personally. Just because we can not define it, I do not attribute it to God. I generally accept that fact, as humans, we just will not find out some answers. You, yourself are saying God is a term we made to define the infinite, unfathomable. So instead of God, we could easily replace it with Flying Pink Bunnies. You can not prove flying pink bunnies do not exist.

If person A says something exists, the burden of proof lies upon that individual to prove its existance. --And thats the thing with God, you can not prove them. Similarly, One can not prove that flying pink bunnies exist outside of Neptune. It is faith, if it helps you become a better human, all the more power to you. But there is NO proof that God exists.

For every person who says "look around you", I say "yes, look around you and see the poverty."

As for the person below that said "go into the medical field". I am in the medical field, and have done extensive readings on the human body. The reason I am in the medical field is to save people from dying from mishaps that this so-called "God" created. The complexities of the human body can be learned, and what will you say about that when we, Humans, who you claim are massively inferior to God, can create our own life form...when we can clone a species who is more intelligent than us? When we can create which genes tihs human will have to maximize his potential to keep him alive against all diseases and mishaps that God failed to do. More problems will occur? They will, and I agree there is ethics needed in cloning, but thats a whole different story. To merely claim the body is too complex and that is proof of God holds no barring.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I do understand what you mean, but it is not satisfactory for me, personally. Just because we can not define it, I do not attribute it to God. I generally accept that fact, as humans, we just will not find out some answers. You, yourself are saying God is a term we made to define the infinite, unfathomable. So instead of God, we could easily replace it with Flying Pink Bunnies. You can not prove flying pink bunnies do not exist.

If person A says something exists, the burden of proof lies upon that individual to prove its existance. --And thats the thing with God, you can not prove them. Similarly, One can not prove that flying pink bunnies exist outside of Neptune. It is faith, if it helps you become a better human, all the more power to you. But there is NO proof that God exists.

you seem a bit philosophical. so lemm point you to this thread.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=22253

btw, if you dont belive in GOD then thats your choice, i have no beef with that. i'm just trying to learn here. :D

PS. a grade 1 student simply CANNOT understand quantum physics

you seem a bit philosophical. so lemm point you to this thread.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=22253

btw, if you dont belive in GOD then thats your choice, i have no beef with that. i'm just trying to learn here. :D

PS. a grade 1 student simply CANNOT understand quantum physics

I like your attitude. Your a very respectable person, most of the time when I voice my opinions people will be outraged and go to an extreme, and ridicule me. I respect people's belief in God, I just have my own opinion on it.

I have read that story you linked to before, and will write a rebuttal/opinion to it at a later time.

Other than that, its been nice conversing. Educational, the way these topics should be kept =)

P.S. If I were to tell you I was beyond a Grade-1 Student, you wouldn't beleive me or have society ridicule me to the point where I would be killed/ex-communicated. A story of a man named Jesus Christ comes to mind =)

P.S. If I were to tell you I was beyond a Grade-1 Student, you wouldn't beleive me or have society ridicule me to the point where I would be killed/ex-communicated. A story of a man named Jesus Christ comes to mind =)

well if you understand quantum physics then i would love to learn from you :D

well if you understand quantum physics then i would love to learn from you :lol:

And I believe I can learn from you also.

We can discuss the philosophy and quantum physics. I have taken some classes in quantum physics, so I know the basics. I'll get in touch with you when I have some time on my hands, Ill pass my contact info along to you.

:D

its titled "Gurbani can cure cancer"

well i think thats just an insult to gurbani. when it can do much much more. physical ailments can be cured by doctors. but we have yet to see someone who can cure mental illness. gurbani does that.

Guest s133k_s1kh
its titled "Gurbani can cure cancer"

well i think thats just an insult to gurbani. when it can do much much more. physical ailments can be cured by doctors. but we have yet to see someone who can cure mental illness. gurbani does that.

Did you read the whole article Papi veer...just wanted to let ppl knw what Gurbani (God) can do. The physical ailment this guy had had no cure. and now this guy has dedicated his life to the GURU.

I was just trying to give an example to prove the existence of GOD.

Umm.. Papi veer i find your response a bit weird... i dunno why ?? I dont see insult to gurbani here..and i have no idea what made you think that.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Umm.. Papi veer i find your response a bit weird... i dunno why ?? I dont see insult to gurbani here..and i have no idea what made you think that.
gurbani is not a mantr that is to be used to cure physical ailments. although, i agree that it can be done quite easily with gurbani.